Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Name and Continental's Logo and Livery to be Used Post-Merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's Name and Continental's Logo and Livery to be Used Post-Merger

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
And people thought my button design was bad? When I saw the logo, I thought someone had cobbled it together on Photoshop as a joke.

Logo picture needs to go on the left, not right, and the words need to align to the left side against the logo.

At the least the basic logo picture and font remain - but it needs some revising. But I am happy to see the branding of UA gone.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
I think the issue most of you guys are having with the livery is that United is in a serif font, and you're used to seeing United in a sans-serif font. The quality of the image on the website notwithstanding, I would hope that the current United block letter sans-serif font would be employed instead of United in the CO-style serif font. But I'm just a font nerd.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:26 am

The logo, to me, is far less important than whose shop ends up running the combined ff program. As we NW refugees saw with the DL takeover of NW, the leadership of the bad program took over and ruined the program. Given UA's history of such scams as *net blocking, if it is UA's people running the combined ff program, I will be off to AA in a heartbeat.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
investor presentation

http://www.unitedcontinentalmerger.com/ See for investors.
CAL brings many 737s to the table. Bye bye airbus?
Old May 3, 2010, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by iquitos
Bye bye airbus?
no. possibly to 350XWB order, to existing in fleet, not a chance.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:44 am
tvx

Programs: UA Gold
Great Move!

^^^ !!

Merger means I am not going to flyColgan to get to EWR -- can go right out of IAD with the comforting globe logo on the tail. . .
Old May 3, 2010, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Brasila
Don't you people get it? It is not longer Continental Airlines. No matter how you try to dress it up it is now UNITED AIRLINES. Wake up from your delusional globe world.
You'll change your tune when the FAs actually start bringing you that second drink instead of yelling at you...
Old May 3, 2010, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by channa
[T]he venom against UA for misdeeds in past decades is strong. Reworking the UA image may help get customers not familiar with the current airline.
Disposing of the old tulip logo and livery-of-the-year turnover may erase negative perceptions, yes -- especially overseas where the United brand environment is synonymous with down-market service.

This is the only glimmer of good news on a terrible day.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BearX220
Disposing of the old tulip logo and livery-of-the-year turnover may erase negative perceptions, yes -- especially overseas where the United brand environment is synonymous with down-market service.

This is the only glimmer of good news on a terrible day.
Down market service isn't quite the word - low-class garbage is more along the lines of international UA brand perception, especially in Asia....unless of course you're a non-rev and your buddy is working the your flight, in which case your service level puts SQ to shame.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Marriot Plat Prmr (Plat Life), Hilton Dia, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I'm still waiting for Greyhound to be added to the mix! ContiUniHound, indeed.
^^^

Perhaps a small Greyhound could be added, painted on either side of the nose. Sort of a Jaguaresque "leaper"!

Seriously, I am somewhat stunned. I was convinced that all that is Continental was going to vanish in one press release! I know that livery does not equate to policy but it is somewhat reassuring that we might keep some or most of our airline.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
I am glad to see this, but I have to admit it almost seems like a joke. There's got to be at least one FF out there convincing a non-FF friend, "Look at what I did; I photo-shopped a logo, hacked onto CO.com, and uploaded it. Looks, almost real doesn't it?"
Old May 3, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Down market service isn't quite the word - low-class garbage is more along the lines of international UA brand perception, especially in Asia....unless of course you're a non-rev and your buddy is working the your flight, in which case your service level puts SQ to shame.
This is what blows my mind about the whole thing. They are keeping the United brand as it has stronger global recognition, but most people here think that "recognition" is that United is awful. On the other hand, they are using the CO font and graphics which, INMO, will just confuse people.

"See, the ticket says United but that doesn't look like a United plane..."

The whole deal sounds very last minute and rushed to me. I suspect there will be chenges before it all plays out.

FWIW
DLM
Old May 3, 2010, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
The website, new logo and livery looks like what channa would conjure up on 4/1.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:36 am

It looks like an April fools joke.

UNITED is such a cool brand. PLEASE if you need to keep the globe - keep it in an elegant way - that thing is downright awful
Old May 3, 2010, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I agree with just about everyone else that the United lettering/typeface/font needs to be re-worked. All caps would probably look better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.