Search
Old May 20, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ANC RED-EYE
Confirmed Events

Upcoming Visits

catweazle 8 November to 11 November 2018

Local Residents

Here is the list of all known ANC-based FTers. Please feel free to update this list as needed.
  • akdude
  • AKronin
  • AKScotty
  • AKSteveB
  • alaskantraveler (ANC)
  • alphaeagle (In transit?)
  • alaskamatt
  • ANC
  • ANC RED-EYE (When he's not in SAP)
  • AKDan (Kenai Peninsula)
  • beckoa
  • billscann
  • BOB W (If there's wine there is a way)
  • BoeingOrNotGoing
  • Chugach
  • ChugiakAk
  • eastwest
  • erikatcuse
  • Faralaska
  • filmdept
  • geefour907
  • HDK
  • HRHMom
  • jackal (extended vacation)
  • Jazon256
  • kajaz
  • la2jax
  • Lake_Hood
  • Legend717
  • Major G (part-time)
  • msccpa1
  • meej
  • pipeliner
  • REC1111 (Kenai Peninsula)
  • Ruthalaska
  • Seat 2A (FAI; comes through ANC often)
  • SouthAnch
  • stellertony (mostly in OAK, visits 2-3x/year)
  • wanderlove
  • warmstor
  • whereishome?
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated ANC Meet-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by ctporter
WOW, that is an insane corkage fee!

CTP
If only Suite 100 was a Mileage Plan Dining partner. They have $10 corkage...and give you a $10 gift certificate toward your meal. Best deal going!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jackal
If only Suite 100 was a Mileage Plan Dining partner. They have $10 corkage...and give you a $10 gift certificate toward your meal. Best deal going!
I for one would gladly give up the points. CC has had below avg. food and horrible service to the point I have stopped going there. The decor & menu have not been updated since they opened in the 80's.

I would definitely give up the points for better food and ambiance at Suite 100. Can I transfer you a few points to make the switch?

Last edited by BOB W; Feb 1, 2011 at 10:49 pm
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BOB W
I for one would gladly give up the points. CC has had below avg. food and horrible service to the point I have stopped going there. The decor & menu have not been updated since they opened in the 80's.

I would definitely give up the points for better food and ambiance at Suite 100. Can I transfer you a few points to make the switch?
Normally I'd agree, but they're doing a promo right now. Maybe ANC RED-EYE can explain the promo a bit for us?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:55 pm

Normally I'd agree, but they're doing a promo right now. Maybe ANC RED-EYE can explain the promo a bit for us?
They have promos in the paper almost every Sunday, trying to pull in traffic. Their promos are usually limited to one offer per table, so it's not much of a deal for a group. let's see what ANC RED-EYE comes up with.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

They have promos in the paper almost every Sunday, trying to pull in traffic. Their promos are usually limited to one offer per table, so it's not much of a deal for a group. let's see what ANC RED-EYE comes up with.
I think it might be related to this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15682471-post660.html

But I'm not sure. A call for clarification has been dispatched to ANC RED-EYE...
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:46 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
I think it might be related to this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15682471-post660.html

But I'm not sure. A call for clarification has been dispatched to ANC RED-EYE...
jackal has summoned me to this thread...since he knows that I am pretty hopeless for keeping up with flyertalk...

In any case, he has correctly identified the promo being referred to...actually, I'd initially mentioned the idea of Cattle Company simply with the idea of keeping alive a few UA/CO/AA miles, but someone else had identified the promo.

In any case...the 1-2-3 promo is probably not very fitting for a group/celebration of this nature...as it is unlikely we are thrilled about convening on the Cattle Company for 3 meet-ups of $20 spend each...

All that said, I'd gladly postpone my visit to the Cattle Company to some other time (perhaps just for a drink or 2 to keep my orphan miles alive). Suite 100 is a fantastic suggestion!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
jackal has summoned me to this thread...since he knows that I am pretty hopeless for keeping up with flyertalk...

In any case, he has correctly identified the promo being referred to...actually, I'd initially mentioned the idea of Cattle Company simply with the idea of keeping alive a few UA/CO/AA miles, but someone else had identified the promo.

In any case...the 1-2-3 promo is probably not very fitting for a group/celebration of this nature...as it is unlikely we are thrilled about convening on the Cattle Company for 3 meet-ups of $20 spend each...

All that said, I'd gladly postpone my visit to the Cattle Company to some other time (perhaps just for a drink or 2 to keep my orphan miles alive). Suite 100 is a fantastic suggestion!
In that case, I am certainly not opposed. Suite 100, then?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:53 pm

Seriously?? Essentially free corkage - why would they do that?

The other place in town I know of that has free corkage is Yak and Yeti...but you'll be drinking your wine out of a water glass! Last time I was there, I felt kind of bad - the table next to us wanted to order a bottle of the same red we were having...
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
25 bucks per bottle
what the...
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Seriously?? Essentially free corkage - why would they do that?

The other place in town I know of that has free corkage is Yak and Yeti...but you'll be drinking your wine out of a water glass! Last time I was there, I felt kind of bad - the table next to us wanted to order a bottle of the same red we were having...
Well, it was this way awhile back (according to BOB W--I don't know if I've ever been there and brought my own wine), but I don't know if it's still that way. Paging BOB W, now...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
In that case, I am certainly not opposed. Suite 100, then?
Umm... uncertain.

Food looks intriguing ... but what are the portion sizes, decent, or skimpy.

http://www.suite100restaurant.com/ourfood.html

Have to laugh at the top two items on the appetizer menu

It seems to have an 'asian fusion' flair
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Umm... uncertain.

A bit. Good food, though.

Don't recall more details than that, though, but maybe Bob can, since he seems to go there somewhat often...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:14 am

Umm... uncertain.

Don't recall more details than that, though, but maybe Bob can, since he seems to go there somewhat often...
In my opinion...Suite 100 is one of the best values for the money in Anchorage, and one of the most under-recognized restaurants in Anchorage. Everything I've had there has been high quality and well presented. Portions sizes are good (not huge, but certainly not small). Ambiance is WAY better than most Anchorage restaurants.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:16 am

In my opinion...Suite 100 is one of the best values for the money in Anchorage, and one of the most under-recognized restaurants in Anchorage. Everything I've had there has been high quality and well presented. Portions sizes are good (not huge, but certainly not small). Ambiance is WAY better than most Anchorage restaurants.
...but its all the way out in diamond
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:18 am

Umm... uncertain.

It seems to have an 'Asian fusion' flair
Most meals are good sized, especially if you add the fresh local oysters appetizer and/or a salad.

I love the ribs and they usually have a couple of really good seasonal specials. I have never had less than a good meal there, but it is not Golden Corral AYCE.

We should probably decide ASAP. I just tried to make a res for Tuesday for ten people. No luck. They have a special event with the Aces and the place is pretty much sold out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.