Search
Old May 20, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ANC RED-EYE
Confirmed Events

Upcoming Visits

catweazle 8 November to 11 November 2018

Local Residents

Here is the list of all known ANC-based FTers. Please feel free to update this list as needed.
  • akdude
  • AKronin
  • AKScotty
  • AKSteveB
  • alaskantraveler (ANC)
  • alphaeagle (In transit?)
  • alaskamatt
  • ANC
  • ANC RED-EYE (When he's not in SAP)
  • AKDan (Kenai Peninsula)
  • beckoa
  • billscann
  • BOB W (If there's wine there is a way)
  • BoeingOrNotGoing
  • Chugach
  • ChugiakAk
  • eastwest
  • erikatcuse
  • Faralaska
  • filmdept
  • geefour907
  • HDK
  • HRHMom
  • jackal (extended vacation)
  • Jazon256
  • kajaz
  • la2jax
  • Lake_Hood
  • Legend717
  • Major G (part-time)
  • msccpa1
  • meej
  • pipeliner
  • REC1111 (Kenai Peninsula)
  • Ruthalaska
  • Seat 2A (FAI; comes through ANC often)
  • SouthAnch
  • stellertony (mostly in OAK, visits 2-3x/year)
  • wanderlove
  • warmstor
  • whereishome?
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated ANC Meet-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Can the above four people all meet on June 8 for a late lunch or early dinner?
Date and time: June 8 ~3pm or so
Visitors: Livitup, cordelli, jan_az, SeeYa
Hosts: jackal, BOB W (unconfirmed)

Cant do the above as I dont land in ANC till midnite on the 8th - is there an earlier flight out of SFO I can stand by for?
Old May 26, 2008, 5:30 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
So .. I guess I'm not meeting anyone this weekend?
Old May 26, 2008, 6:01 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Plainsman
It beats driving down the Edens.
Amen

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Due to staffing shortaqes, the TSA line does not open for the UA terminal (A) until about 9:40 p.m. This causes quite a queue to build in the terminal. There is no elite line.

BobW and jackal are two of the best hosts one could ask for. ^
good to know thanks for the info, so how long on a Sat night should one allow to get through security ? (Just trying to maximize drink time !!^)
Old May 26, 2008, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA G; TK E; HH D
Originally Posted by jackal
Just added ya--welcome!
Thanks. Look forward to meeting you in ANC.
Old May 26, 2008, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
sorry that I had to miss jackal and everyone 'cause the 5/24 Late Lobby Do morphed into a UA Check in DO

Still a great BIG thanks to FlyinHawaiian for ensuring we made our flights back to DEN ^

As for the June 8th or 9th DOs, I can probably do either as on the 8th I'm driving back to ANC from Seward and will be flying out of ANC late on the 9th

see ya in 2 weeks

btw, if you're sitting on the right side into ANC the view of the Canadian Rockies ain't too shabby either
Old May 26, 2008, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
good to know thanks for the info, so how long on a Sat night should one allow to get through security ? (Just trying to maximize drink time !!^)
On Sat. there were DEN and SFO flights on UA plus a Frontier going out; when the line opened around 9:40 it was about 20 people deep. Around 10 p.m. it was closer to 100. Probably a 20-30 min wait at that point. Sunday night, it took me about 10 min to clear at about 10 p.m

Originally Posted by bk3day
btw, if you're sitting on the right side into ANC the view of the Canadian Rockies ain't too shabby either
Here's my photos from the right side DEN-ANC (and others from the weekend).
Old May 26, 2008, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Well, kkjay77 and rwk32882 breezed through Security in about five minutes, but FlyinHawaiian said it took the earlier-departing party a good while to get through. It probably depends on the night and the flight--if you're on the early DEN flight, as FlyinHawaiian said, security opens at 9:40, so things might get rushed and backed up. If you're on the later SFO flight (as kkjay77 and rwk32882 were), so many people might not be trying to get through at once and things might be less crowded.

Looking forward to meeting those I missed--am I right that all three of you that I missed are coming back? bk3day is coming up in a couple of weeks, as219 is later in June, and I heard rumors that anc-ord772 is coming back in August. If so, then that will quash my disappointment at missing you guys the other day!

rtarbuck, I added your visit in. Anyone else, please post again or message me if I missed you.

asianrick (sorry, too lazy to hit the shift key!): you'll have me!! But anyone else, feel free to join--rick, what day(s) will you actually be in Anchorage proper? We'll see if any ANCites can make it to a dinner or something.

SeeYa: I may have already asked you this, but can you join the big drink DO on 6/7 after you arrive, or are you coming in earlier? How about bk3day, cordelli, and livitup? That will easily consolidate everyone meeting up into one nice DO--except for jan_az. If some or all of you four are open for alternate dates that also work with jan_az's trip, we can arrange for a separate DO (and you're, of course, welcome to join for the 6/7 DO as well). I'll send PMs to the above-named individuals who I have not seen post to this thread in awhile to make sure they see this note.

Last edited by jackal; May 26, 2008 at 11:56 pm
Old May 27, 2008, 12:12 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Why do I get the feeling we are playing a game of Twister here. I'll try to keep track, but I'm going to rely on Jackal to PM me if I don't confirm for something.

Lots of comings & goings. It's really great to get everyone up to AK to visit & see why we love it here!

Now, let's see how many of you show up in January or next March for the official Do.
Well, kkjay77 and rwk32882 breezed through Security in about five minutes, but FlyinHawaiian said it took the earlier-departing party a good while to get through. It probably depends on the night and the flight--if you're on the early DEN flight, as FlyinHawaiian said, security opens at 9:40, so things might get rushed and backed up. If you're on the later SFO flight (as kkjay77 and rwk32882 were), so many people might not be trying to get through at once and things might be less crowded.

Looking forward to meeting those I missed--am I right that all three of you that I missed are coming back? bk3day is coming up in a couple of weeks, as219 is later in June, and I heard rumors that anc-ord772 is coming back in August. If so, then that will quash my disappointment at missing you guys the other day!

rtarbuck, I added your visit in. Anyone else, please post again or message me if I missed you.

asianrick (sorry, too lazy to hit the shift key!): you'll have me!! But anyone else, feel free to join--rick, what day(s) will you actually be in Anchorage proper? We'll see if any ANCites can make it to a dinner or something.

SeeYa: I may have already asked you this, but can you join the big drink DO on 6/7 after you arrive, or are you coming in earlier? How about bk3day, cordelli, and livitup? That will easily consolidate everyone meeting up into one nice DO--except for jan_az. If some or all of you four are open for alternate dates that also work with jan_az's trip, we can arrange for a separate DO (and you're, of course, welcome to join for the 6/7 DO as well). I'll send PMs to the above-named individuals who I have not seen post to this thread in awhile to make sure they see this note.

Last edited by BOB W; May 27, 2008 at 12:19 am
Old May 27, 2008, 12:16 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
The 5/25 meet up ended up at Henry's in ANC. Traffic caused frayed nerves so we decided to go to something closer to the airport. It was fun, but way to short.
Old May 27, 2008, 1:00 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
asianrick (sorry, too lazy to hit the shift key!): you'll have me!! But anyone else, feel free to join--rick, what day(s) will you actually be in Anchorage proper? We'll see if any ANCites can make it to a dinner or something.)
Looks like we'll be free the day we arrived into ANC. AFAIK, we don't have any plan that evening beside driving south to Seward. Perhaps we can grab a quick dinner before we leave? ^

-aSiAnRiCk
(it's not that difficult )
Old May 27, 2008, 1:16 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by BOB W
The 5/25 meet up ended up at Henry's in ANC. Traffic caused frayed nerves so we decided to go to something closer to the airport. It was fun, but way to short.
Sorry to be a "Nervous Nellie", but the scene the night before at the UA Terminal in ANC had me a bit worried. In retrospect, we probably could have stayed about 15 min longer at Henry's, but SeeYa did end up needing some time at ANC to work out her ticketing with an agent, so all's well that ends well. Thanks again for meeting up with us.
Old May 27, 2008, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
OK, updated aSiAnRiCk's (hah! got it) info. Bob, you coming?

I have to be careful about dinner DOs on days I work...if I take too much time off of work, they're going to start questioning me...I do want to keep my job through the at least next year!

However, I may be moving to the morning shift soon, which would make dinner DOs much easier. But in the event I'm still working nights next week (most likely), RiCk, what are your plans for the end of your visit--I'm off Sunday through Tuesday?
Old May 27, 2008, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Thanks so much for coordinnating all of this, Jackal

superscot's Nightcap
Date and time: Tuesday, June 3, late evening
Visitors: superscot (unconfirmed--sent PM to aSiAnRiCk?), aSiAnRiCk
Hosts: jackal (possible)
I'll be there (yes - I PMd aSiAnRiCk) as long as AA doesn't let me down.

Ripper3785 Mileage Run #2
Date and time: Saturday 6/7 9:40p-11:55p
Visitors: Ripper3785, Sweet Willie, g_leyser, Mikey likes it, superscot (unconfirmed), ORDflyr, Plainsman
Hosts: jackal, BOB W
My flight out (AA279 to DFW) leaves at 2055 so I guess I will have to pass on this one, unless anybody else will be around earlier.

Look forward to seeing you all.
Old May 27, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA/MAR
All,

Since this is a mini vacation for me and the family, I left the role of activities director to my wife. I have just learned that she, Lonely Planet, and AAA Tour Guides have planned for us a full four days of activitities. Thus I must bow out of any assorted FT activities, unless something happens to derail our plans.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, and let y'all know if we end up able to make it to a dinner or drinks, but please don't count on us for now.

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
SeeYa: I may have already asked you this, but can you join the big drink DO on 6/7 after you arrive, or are you coming in earlier?
jackal, I'm on the following inbound flight:
06/07 UA 123 SFO-ANC 20:12-23:51

If anybody is still left over(like you never flagging hosts), I'd be very willing to meet up at the bar.
As you recall, they claim to be open until 1:30am. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.