Search
Old May 20, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ANC RED-EYE
Confirmed Events

Upcoming Visits

catweazle 8 November to 11 November 2018

Local Residents

Here is the list of all known ANC-based FTers. Please feel free to update this list as needed.
  • akdude
  • AKronin
  • AKScotty
  • AKSteveB
  • alaskantraveler (ANC)
  • alphaeagle (In transit?)
  • alaskamatt
  • ANC
  • ANC RED-EYE (When he's not in SAP)
  • AKDan (Kenai Peninsula)
  • beckoa
  • billscann
  • BOB W (If there's wine there is a way)
  • BoeingOrNotGoing
  • Chugach
  • ChugiakAk
  • eastwest
  • erikatcuse
  • Faralaska
  • filmdept
  • geefour907
  • HDK
  • HRHMom
  • jackal (extended vacation)
  • Jazon256
  • kajaz
  • la2jax
  • Lake_Hood
  • Legend717
  • Major G (part-time)
  • msccpa1
  • meej
  • pipeliner
  • REC1111 (Kenai Peninsula)
  • Ruthalaska
  • Seat 2A (FAI; comes through ANC often)
  • SouthAnch
  • stellertony (mostly in OAK, visits 2-3x/year)
  • wanderlove
  • warmstor
  • whereishome?
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated ANC Meet-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2008, 6:25 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
I'm doing a quick turn on AA 278 and 279 on June 7 (Sat). Won't be staying in ANC, so I guess I'll miss the fun....
not missing due to not staying in ANC, missing as only 1.5 hours between flights, probably not enough time to get out and enjoy an Alaskan Amber but locals would know better.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Well, the Upper One bar at the airport does carry Alaskan Amber...we know from experience!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jackal
Well, the Upper One bar at the airport does carry Alaskan Amber...we know from experience!
We'll see if they have any left after saturday night.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:43 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
What's going on guys?

I'm typing this from our lodge near the Denali National Park. Very exhausted from all the hiking we've done in Denali. I'm convinced that the park rangers caught and hid all the bears from the public and instead released about a million Dall sheep, thousands hares, 20 caribous and about 10 moose to get us excited over

On a serious note, we should be in Anchorage by 3pm tomorrow (Tues) and would like to meet up with other FT'ers if you're in town. We're flying CO's ANC-IAH flight at 8:50 pm so I'm guessing we'll have to be at the airport by 7:30 pm.

How about dinner at 5 pm? We can meet earlier if you guys want.

I don't know if I'm going to have anymore internet access til then. And my Nextel hasn't worked either unless I'm within the immediate vicinity of Anchorage

Send jackal a message and I trust him with the decision making

ps: By the way, I had the pleasure to meet FT'er Seat 2A in the park
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Don't think anyone else is in town, so it'll just be the members of the ANC-based crew I can wrangle up.

Rick, call me when you get into town and we'll see what we've cobbled together. 5pm works for me.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Global_Hi_Flyer, I just checked the times of your flight, and it does appear you'll miss the festivities over near UA.

However, AA arrives and departs out of Concourse C, and there are actually two bars behind security there--some random one down at the end of the C concourse (that I've never seen open, but I don't wander down to the end often anymore) and the bar inside the Chili's Too restaurant.

I work at the airport, so feel free to give me a call and I can at least wander up and shake your hands (assuming I locate my security badge--otherwise we'll just have to wave at each other on opposite sides of TSA, unless you want to come outside of security). YGPM.

I'm still trying to straighten out the bk3day/livitup/cordelli/jan_az/SeeYa meet-ups. Looks like there's not a lot of congruency or overlap there. Livitup's mostly occupied (but at least do me the favor of introducing yourself to me on the way through the airport before you depart!), and I'm not sure what cordelli's plans are. Jan_az is looking for something on 6/9, which might work for bk3day. Bk3day might also be in ANC on the evening of the 8th, which might also work for SeeYa (she leaves on the 8th, but she (and cordelli) will also be participating in Round II of the 6/7 Do, so they may have other activities for the 8th).

So if I want to meet everyone, it looks like I'll be doing something three nights in a row! That's not a problem for me (the 4th-7th are work days for me, so I can do limited meets on airport property, but I'm wide open for the 8th and 9th)--in fact, I like doing these things! I just want to make sure that I can make it so the most people can meet the most other people possible. For the folks I've listed above, please let me know if your schedules work for anything on the 8th or 9th (and whoever can make it is, of course, invited to the 6/7 Upper One bar DO at the airport--PM me for info on free parking!).
Old Jun 3, 2008, 8:43 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by jackal
Global_Hi_Flyer, I just checked the times of your flight, and it does appear you'll miss the festivities over near UA.

However, AA arrives and departs out of Concourse C, and there are actually two bars behind security there--some random one down at the end of the C concourse (that I've never seen open, but I don't wander down to the end often anymore) and the bar inside the Chili's Too restaurant.

I work at the airport, so feel free to give me a call and I can at least wander up and shake your hands (assuming I locate my security badge--otherwise we'll just have to wave at each other on opposite sides of TSA, unless you want to come outside of security). YGPM.
AA is operating the DFW flight out of the A concourse (that bites....), and there's nothing there. How bad is the security line? Depending on how late (or early) we are on Saturday, I'd consider slipping outside Security for a short bit.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It is? Hmm! I didn't know.

And I forgot to send you the PM I said I would. It's coming your way shortly...
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:03 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I'm in the the morning of the 10th til 2PM

Arrive at 11:59PM on the 9th and depart at 2PM on the 10th. Staying at the Courtyard. Anyone else in town that day?

Ingy
Old Jun 3, 2008, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ingy
Arrive at 11:59PM on the 9th and depart at 2PM on the 10th. Staying at the Courtyard. Anyone else in town that day?

Ingy
I think everyone leaves before you get in, except for jan_az, who leaves at around 8am on the 10th. Not sure if she's up for a really late meet-up (the Upper One bar landside at the airport closes at 1:30am), but I'm sure she'll want a little sleep before her morning flight. As for me, I'm a night owl, so I don't mind staying up, so maybe we can work something out...
Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Plans for this evening are finalized--5:15pm at the Peanut Farm. All are invited!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
June 8th and/or 9th

So far I can probably do either...or maybe both dates

For the 8th, I'd prefer something earlier as I should be back in ANC by 5PM

As for the 9th, I'd prefer something on the later side as I fly out @11:20PMish and might be in Talkeetna during the day.

Looking forward to whatever works
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
9th for dinner works for me great - I'm planning on a day tour out to portage to see the glacier.

I could have bkfst at the airport with ingy on the 10th - but otherwise im not up for 2am meetings . This milage run/ visit to Alaska is actually sandwiched in between a trip to NY for a Bar Mitzvah and then a trip to Chicago - I wont see my own bed for a while
Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

If we do something on the 8th, it could include bk3day and SeeYa, and possibly cordelli. If we do something on the 9th, it could include bk3day and jan_az, and possibly cordelli, too.

I'd love to meet everyone, so I'm up for two days in a row. Bk3day, if you want to go for two days in a row, too, I'll participate in both.

Superscot told me tonight (nice guy!) that someone was looking to do breakfast on (IIRC) Friday--I don't remember that person's handle. Breakfast might be a bit early for me to partake in (I work until 2am), but is that something I should post here?

Also, for anyone coming up for more than just a mileage run (in other words, someone who's actually going to take a few days to see Alaska's beauty! ), I have a copy of the 2007 Milepost I'd be more than happy to loan out. It's almost a necessity when driving out on Alaska's rural roads. If you don't get first dibs on it or you want the 2008 version (I thought I bought one, but I guess not), it's only $13 or so at Costco (half of list price).

And last, looks like Bob and I are doing lunch with superscot Saturday around noontime or so. All are, of course, welcome to join as always!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Sun Jun 8th

Originally Posted by bk3day
So far I can probably do either...or maybe both dates

For the 8th, I'd prefer something earlier as I should be back in ANC by 5PM
Looking forward to whatever works
My flight on Sunday departs at 8pm, so I'd be up for an early-ish dinner/snack as well.

Have tentative plans to drive up to Portage Glacier for the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.