Search
Old May 20, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ANC RED-EYE
Confirmed Events

Upcoming Visits

catweazle 8 November to 11 November 2018

Local Residents

Here is the list of all known ANC-based FTers. Please feel free to update this list as needed.
  • akdude
  • AKronin
  • AKScotty
  • AKSteveB
  • alaskantraveler (ANC)
  • alphaeagle (In transit?)
  • alaskamatt
  • ANC
  • ANC RED-EYE (When he's not in SAP)
  • AKDan (Kenai Peninsula)
  • beckoa
  • billscann
  • BOB W (If there's wine there is a way)
  • BoeingOrNotGoing
  • Chugach
  • ChugiakAk
  • eastwest
  • erikatcuse
  • Faralaska
  • filmdept
  • geefour907
  • HDK
  • HRHMom
  • jackal (extended vacation)
  • Jazon256
  • kajaz
  • la2jax
  • Lake_Hood
  • Legend717
  • Major G (part-time)
  • msccpa1
  • meej
  • pipeliner
  • REC1111 (Kenai Peninsula)
  • Ruthalaska
  • Seat 2A (FAI; comes through ANC often)
  • SouthAnch
  • stellertony (mostly in OAK, visits 2-3x/year)
  • wanderlove
  • warmstor
  • whereishome?
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated ANC Meet-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2008, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
I leave on the 3rd. I know you'll be tired but in case you changed your mind, we can grab a quick drink at the airport that evening.
YHGPM
Old May 21, 2008, 8:41 pm

I arrive 9:30pm on 5/31, leave 11:30pm on 6/1. Right now I'm planning to do the philips 26glaciers cruise on Sunday out of Whittier. Anyone up for dinner at the Double Musky in Girdwood on Sunday evening? I know there will be a FT crowd there the weekend before, but that's a week earlier than my trip.
Old May 22, 2008, 12:32 am

Programs: AA PLT 1.95 MM
Second trip to ANC in a month to max out the double elite miles promo. I was in ANC 5/9-11 and on the flight up I saw a FT bag tag I got to talk to them for awhile but they were out the next day and their time was booked. I get in 7:30pm on 5/30, out on 6/1 8:55pm. Will be staying downtown with no car. If anyone is looking for something to do Sat 5/31 (or anytime that weekend for that matter) let me know. Hope to see and meet fellow FTers.
Old May 22, 2008, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
OK, I just updated the first post. I hope I caught all of the updates. Please take a peek and make sure!

We have a lot of people coming around the same time all wanting to meet up in early June, but we need to finalize who's going to be meeting, the date, and the venue. It looks like we have a fairly large group gathering at the airport on 6/7 and another group who will be arriving on various days but all leaving on 6/9. Maybe we should have another dinner--or at least airport bar--gathering on 6/9--I'm looking at you, bk3day, livitup, cordelli, and jan_az...

Also, Poker Professor indicated that he/she was looking at something the weekend he/she is in town. PP, would it work for you to join the dinner with me and iflyfish (and maybe some others) at the Double Musky in Girdwood? It's 45-minute drive south of town, and I see you won't have a car, but I'll be off that night and can provide a ride from your hotel down there. (Again, this goes for anyone else--local residents who'd rather not drive included! Please join!) If not, maybe we can work something else out.

superscot may be joining aSiAnRiCk for a drink at the Upper One (or maybe even somewhere inside security, like Chili's, if they're both transiting through the C Concourse). I might join, unless I meet aSiAnRiCk and can't stand him! I might pass, too, seeing as how I'll meet aSiAnRiCk earlier and superscot later (possibly at the Ripper3785 MR Do #2--another one I'll need confirmation from him on).

Also, PVDProf is in town RIGHT NOW, and no one's said anything! Let's get together with him. I'll PM him here shortly and see what his plans are.

I think that just about covers things...please let me know if I need to make changes! And all the people I named--I'm waiting to hear from you!
Old May 22, 2008, 7:47 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
jackal, I just wanted to give your a huge public shout out to you, BobW, and any other locals for all of your efforts to consolidate and coordinate these activities. Thanks! ^
Old May 22, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Just moved back to ANC and am available for whatever tonight as well as the dinner on Saturday.
Old May 22, 2008, 4:43 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
jackal, I just wanted to give your a huge public shout out to you, BobW, and any other locals for all of your efforts to consolidate and coordinate these activities. Thanks! ^
A hearty second of FlyinHawaiian's shout out^
Old May 22, 2008, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
A hearty second of FlyinHawaiian's shout out^
We're just glad to welcome you all up here and meet you guys! Visiting Alaska's sort of a special thing, and we like to take advantage of meeting everyone when we can (since we're otherwise so isolated)!

Glad to have you all.
Old May 22, 2008, 7:42 pm

[QUOTE=jackal;9762381]

PP, would it work for you to join the dinner with me and iflyfish (and maybe some others) at the Double Musky in Girdwood?

Thanks for the offer, but it looks like you have that dinner planned for Sun 6/1. I am on a 8:55pm flight that night. So that one looks too tight and I would not want to disrupt the plans you made. I you or anyone else downtown had anything in mind about anytime Sat 5/31 or before 5pm Sun 6/1 let me know.

Sorry about the short trip, it just fit it in my personal schedule. As I did the same run 3 weeks ago and had a great time, if I can get even more out of this one w/ some FTers that would be even better. I know I am cheating Alaska. Even before I came home from the first run I knew I needed to do Alaska right as soon as possible. Booked this after I got home do the same all-in price and double elite miles.

Thanks and hope something fits for all of us.
Old May 22, 2008, 9:43 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by jackal
superscot may be joining aSiAnRiCk for a drink at the Upper One (or maybe even somewhere inside security, like Chili's, if they're both transiting through the C Concourse). I might join, unless I meet aSiAnRiCk and can't stand him! I might pass, too, seeing as how I'll meet aSiAnRiCk earlier and superscot later (possibly at the Ripper3785 MR Do #2--another one I'll need confirmation from him on).
We'll make it work jackal!

Anyway, I'll be flying CO and looks like I'll be arriving/departing from the N-gates (International terminal).
Old May 23, 2008, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
We'll make it work jackal!

Anyway, I'll be flying CO and looks like I'll be arriving/departing from the N-gates (International terminal).
Ah, thought you were on NW.

PP--will see if we can figure something out for you, too! Let me get through this weekend's activities and then we'll look at yours...
Old May 23, 2008, 2:27 am

Sure, thanks Jackal have fun this weekend. Looks like you have lots of events and FTers up your way.

Till then
Old May 23, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
So I am incredibly weak. I could not resist another cheap run to ANC:

Sat 06/07 UA 123 SFO-ANC 20:12-23:51
Sun 06/08 UA 108 ANC-ORD 20:06-05:00+1

But it looks like I am missing the following by 4 minutes:

Ripper3785 Mileage Run #2
Date and time: Saturday 6/7 9:40p-11:55p
Visitors: Ripper3785, Sweet Willie, g_leyser, Mikey likes it, superscot (unconfirmed), ORDflyr
Hosts: jackal, BOB W

Are there any takers for a late lunch/early dinner on Sunday June 8th?
Old May 23, 2008, 12:41 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Sat meet

Hotel internet is down. (Comfort Inn Ship's Creek).

So in an internet shop temporarily.

Any suggestions for getting to the Bear Tooth Grill? Where is it exactly?
Don't have a car. Taxi? Any suggesrions would be appreciated.

Looking forward to a great meet. Or are we officialy a Do now?

Will check back later.
Old May 23, 2008, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rtarbuck
Hotel internet is down. (Comfort Inn Ship's Creek).

So in an internet shop temporarily.

Any suggestions for getting to the Bear Tooth Grill? Where is it exactly?
Don't have a car. Taxi? Any suggesrions would be appreciated.

Looking forward to a great meet. Or are we officialy a Do now?

Will check back later.
I think we might actually be an official do--I count 9 or 10 people! I PM'd Jenbel on her consolidated do-list thread, but she may not have gotten it yet (I think I just sent it yesterday).

I think I linked a Google map (with driving directions from the airport to the restaurant) to the words "Bear Tooth Grill" in the first thread. A cab from downtown shouldn't be more than $15, and it's almost directly on the way to the airport, so you might even ask the Comfort Inn if their shuttle can drop you off there on one if its runs to the airport. Any cabbie should know where it is, but if not, it's 1230 W 27th Ave. If I wasn't coming from the opposite direction (airport) at the last minute, I'd offer a ride...but it's only a couple miles south of downtown, so a cab shouldn't be too bad (cab fares are about $2.50 for flag drop and a bit over $2 per mile here, I think).

Originally Posted by SeeYa
So I am incredibly weak. I could not resist another cheap run to ANC:

Sat 06/07 UA 123 SFO-ANC 20:12-23:51
Sun 06/08 UA 108 ANC-ORD 20:06-05:00+1

But it looks like I am missing the following by 4 minutes:

Ripper3785 Mileage Run #2
Date and time: Saturday 6/7 9:40p-11:55p
Visitors: Ripper3785, Sweet Willie, g_leyser, Mikey likes it, superscot (unconfirmed), ORDflyr
Hosts: jackal, BOB W

Are there any takers for a late lunch/early dinner on Sunday June 8th?
You might miss it by a little more than four minutes, as they'll all probably be waiting at the gate to board the equipment you're arriving on. But we can make sure someone in the group has an FT luggage tag or something so you at least know who to walk up to and say hi to!

I'll be around that Sunday, and I would be up for something. I think I suggested something on 6/9, but I think all of the people who are here on 6/9 are here on 6/8, too, so maybe we can just make something happen then...will update the first thread...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.