Search
Old May 20, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ANC RED-EYE
Confirmed Events

Upcoming Visits

catweazle 8 November to 11 November 2018

Local Residents

Here is the list of all known ANC-based FTers. Please feel free to update this list as needed.
  • akdude
  • AKronin
  • AKScotty
  • AKSteveB
  • alaskantraveler (ANC)
  • alphaeagle (In transit?)
  • alaskamatt
  • ANC
  • ANC RED-EYE (When he's not in SAP)
  • AKDan (Kenai Peninsula)
  • beckoa
  • billscann
  • BOB W (If there's wine there is a way)
  • BoeingOrNotGoing
  • Chugach
  • ChugiakAk
  • eastwest
  • erikatcuse
  • Faralaska
  • filmdept
  • geefour907
  • HDK
  • HRHMom
  • jackal (extended vacation)
  • Jazon256
  • kajaz
  • la2jax
  • Lake_Hood
  • Legend717
  • Major G (part-time)
  • msccpa1
  • meej
  • pipeliner
  • REC1111 (Kenai Peninsula)
  • Ruthalaska
  • Seat 2A (FAI; comes through ANC often)
  • SouthAnch
  • stellertony (mostly in OAK, visits 2-3x/year)
  • wanderlove
  • warmstor
  • whereishome?
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated ANC Meet-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by MXS
jyflyer -- did you mean Sunday August 15th?
I will be in Anchorage on that night. Are there any of the ANC FTers in town that night? It would be great to see all of you guys again. If you are able to get together for dinner and/or drinks please let me (and maybe jyflyer???) know.
Originally Posted by jyflyer
My bad, it's August 15th

Yes, it would be great to meet up!
Will have to check back... but that's my Birthday (and I will be in the State)
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by beckoa
Will have to check back... but that's my Birthday (and I will be in the State)
Let me buy you a drink if we do meet up :-:
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:57 pm
MXS

Programs: UA 1K, AA, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, Hertz 5-Star
jyflyer mentioned the Glacier Brewhouse or Orsos as potential places to possibly meet on Sunday Aug 15th. Any thoughts on picking between these two?
Is there anyone else that might be able to make it on Sunday?
We would also need to come up with a time. I thought that jyflyer had mentioned 8pm?

beckoa - Happy early Bday! It would be great if you were able to make it but I certainly understand that you probably have other plans. Keep us posted if something changes.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by MXS
jyflyer mentioned the Glacier Brewhouse or Orsos as potential places to possibly meet on Sunday Aug 15th. Any thoughts on picking between these two?
We would also need to come up with a time. I thought that jyflyer had mentioned 8pm?
Both are excellent. They are under the same ownership but have different target audiences.

BrewHouse is more of a brewpub with excellent but more down-to-earth American food. Orso is a trendy Italian place--prices are a bit higher, but the service feels a step up and the food looks like it has a little more care put into it along with the Italian flavors.

Check out the menus and compare:
http://www.glacierbrewhouse.com/#/menus/
http://www.orsoalaska.com/#

I'm definitely up for either one!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Will keep you posted

Uncertain at this point... but I'd vote for the Brewhouse if I'm going (Orso's is nice too...)
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:14 am
MXS

Programs: UA 1K, AA, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, Hertz 5-Star
The Bday boy has spoken. Brewhouse it is! How would 8:30 work?

jackal - glad to hear that you can make it. I may see you on Friday night at the airport when I arrive.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by MXS

Hi everyone, sorry for the late notice. I will be in ANC tomorrow through the 16th. I am thinking of going to the glacier cruise on the 15th at the moment, and I should be able to get back to ANC and meetup with fellow FTers for drinks/dinner.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mobilebucky
Hi everyone, sorry for the late notice. I will be in ANC tomorrow through the 16th. I am thinking of going to the glacier cruise on the 15th at the moment, and I should be able to get back to ANC and meetup with fellow FTers for drinks/dinner.
Perfect! Stay tuned to this thread and/or your PMs for updates on venue and time.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by mobilebucky
Originally Posted by jackal
Perfect! Stay tuned to this thread and/or your PMs for updates on venue and time.
Good Grief the pressure is on!

So even if I can't make it (not certain at this point but leaning towards going - depends on family - and if we do something on Sat night) do we want to start at 8:30 PM? It'd be good to know... so we can let other ANC FT'ers know... and so we can make reservations (the place is quite popular with both locals and tourists alike!)
Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Good Grief the pressure is on!

So even if I can't make it (not certain at this point but leaning towards going - depends on family - and if we do something on Sat night) do we want to start at 8:30 PM? It'd be good to know... so we can let other ANC FT'ers know... and so we can make reservations (the place is quite popular with both locals and tourists alike!)
Reservation for six at 8:30pm already taken care of. That's assuming an attendance of the following people:

jackal
beckoa
MXS
jyflyer
mobilebucky
BOB W

Do I need to increase it to plan for ANC RED-EYE, AKronin, and others? Now's the time to let me know!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Reservation for six at 8:30pm already taken care of. That's assuming an attendance of the following people:

jackal
beckoa
MXS
jyflyer
mobilebucky
BOB W

Do I need to increase it to plan for ANC RED-EYE, AKronin, and others? Now's the time to let me know!
Good grief!

Best send out several PM's... and maybe a phone call or not.

I know alphaeagle will be out of town until Monday Night (late).
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:05 pm

Well it turns out the reservation for 6 has a table that fits 10... so come on by!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:35 pm

Well it turns out the reservation for 6 has a table that fits 10... so come on by!
In that case, count me in too!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jazon256
In that case, count me in too!
See ya shortly!

I'll tell the hostess to add the name "FlyerTalk" to the reservation, so anyone wanting to join, ask for the FlyerTalk group.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:49 pm

...and the party has started...

Mmm... Imperial Blonde

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.