Search
Old May 20, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ANC RED-EYE
Confirmed Events

Upcoming Visits

catweazle 8 November to 11 November 2018

Local Residents

Here is the list of all known ANC-based FTers. Please feel free to update this list as needed.
  • akdude
  • AKronin
  • AKScotty
  • AKSteveB
  • alaskantraveler (ANC)
  • alphaeagle (In transit?)
  • alaskamatt
  • ANC
  • ANC RED-EYE (When he's not in SAP)
  • AKDan (Kenai Peninsula)
  • beckoa
  • billscann
  • BOB W (If there's wine there is a way)
  • BoeingOrNotGoing
  • Chugach
  • ChugiakAk
  • eastwest
  • erikatcuse
  • Faralaska
  • filmdept
  • geefour907
  • HDK
  • HRHMom
  • jackal (extended vacation)
  • Jazon256
  • kajaz
  • la2jax
  • Lake_Hood
  • Legend717
  • Major G (part-time)
  • msccpa1
  • meej
  • pipeliner
  • REC1111 (Kenai Peninsula)
  • Ruthalaska
  • Seat 2A (FAI; comes through ANC often)
  • SouthAnch
  • stellertony (mostly in OAK, visits 2-3x/year)
  • wanderlove
  • warmstor
  • whereishome?
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated ANC Meet-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by jackal
Originally Posted by GrizShel
GrizShel + 1 will be in town Sept. 7 and 8 if anyone wants to share a meal.
Unfortunately, I'll be on a pseudo-MR to DEN and won't be back until the 9th. Have fun with the other locals, though!
Forgot @ that trip... Thankfully mine *should* be a same-day trip so it'll work I think. (On 5th)
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K; CO Plat; Hilton Dimond; Marriott 3/3
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Well there's the Alaska State Fair- the cabbage do folks will be out all night on friday so you might be able to meet up...
can you let me know what's on the agenda for the DO on Friday? I'd love to join, if I can...
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by GrizShel
GrizShel + 1 will be in town Sept. 7 and 8 if anyone wants to share a meal.
I'll be in WA that entire week.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by mike_one2many
can you let me know what's on the agenda for the DO on Friday? I'd love to join, if I can...
We should be at the fair by 3:30 or so. I plan to watch the Lumberjack Show at 6. Others will be at the demolition derby watching Beckoa and his van Mostly we will just be wandering around and eating our way through the place.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by mike_one2many
Check the following thread for the most current info:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...7-29-30-a.html
Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Jewel/Osco Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by BOB W
We should be at the fair by 3:30 or so. I plan to watch the Lumberjack Show at 6. Others will be at the demolition derby watching Beckoa and his van Mostly we will just be wandering around and eating our way through the place.
I will be manning (is that PC?) the UAA CTC booth from 3 to 7 pm on Friday at the State Fair. I'd love to meet anyone that can stop by. I'll be the bald guy.
Dave
Asst Professor of Aviation Technology
University of Alaska - Anchorage
Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by la2jax
I will be manning (is that PC?) the UAA CTC booth from 3 to 7 pm on Friday at the State Fair. I'd love to meet anyone that can stop by. I'll be the bald guy.
Dave
Dang... would have been cool too meet up... unfort our Airport Tour ran a bit late... and got to the fair just in time for the demo derby and a quick bite. It was fun though -and I'm sure you'll be around for more events... speaking of which...
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:17 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I'll be back in town for meetings & shopping again 30 Sep - 3 Oct. I wonder if taco bell would survive the flight from ANC to JNU.....

Last edited by UAPremierExec; Sep 1, 2010 at 2:31 am
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I'll be back in town for meetings & shopping again 30 Sep - 3 Oct. I wonder if taco bell would survive the flight from ANC to JNU.....
Eew... take Taco King
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Dave
Argh! How did I miss this?! Would have made it. Oh well, we'll just have to meet up another time!

Might be doing lunch at the end of next month with UAPremierExec. Stay tuned for details (and PM if I forget to update this thread with that info)!

Eew... take Taco King
Seconded!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 2:01 am

Dave
Argh! How did I miss this?! Would have made it. Oh well, we'll just have to meet up another time!

Might be doing lunch at the end of next month with UAPremierExec. Stay tuned for details (and PM if I forget to update this thread with that info)!

Eew... take Taco King
Seconded!
Helpful reminder
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
jackal and beckoa were able to meet a few of us at Humpy's on Sat night - just before heading out on a midnight flight. Attendees included Anglo Large Clawed Otter and his +1, Steve GadFly, and cova. Thanks for stopping by to meet us.

For anyone here in ANC on Sat Sept 18th, there is a benefit costume pub crawl. If interested check out this site. Also some good hotel rates included.

http://www.anchoragedowntown.org/eve...ate-pub-crawl/

Last edited by cova; Sep 5, 2010 at 12:15 pm
Old Sep 9, 2010, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Holy crap. I just updated my List of FlyerTalk Members You've Met In Person with the Cabbage Do attendees. A whopping 190 of you have enriched my life. I'm humbled and honored to have known so many great, generous, fun, and ultimately people!

Oh, person #190: Randy Petersen.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Blue, AS dreg, Marriott Plat Elite
Holy crap. I just updated my List of FlyerTalk Members You've Met In Person with the Cabbage Do attendees. A whopping 190 of you have enriched my life. I'm humbled and honored to have known so many great, generous, fun, and ultimately people!

Oh, person #190: Randy Petersen.
Would my daughter count as 191 if she joined FT. :-)

I'm still trying to swing another trip to Alaska sometime, though my daughter goes through ANC several times a year these days.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jplenny
Would my daughter count as 191 if she joined FT. :-)

I'm still trying to swing another trip to Alaska sometime, though my daughter goes through ANC several times a year these days.
I think I counted her, since I've counted the Plus Ones in my total. It'd be good to see you again--stop by any time! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.