Search
Old May 20, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ANC RED-EYE
Confirmed Events

Upcoming Visits

catweazle 8 November to 11 November 2018

Local Residents

Here is the list of all known ANC-based FTers. Please feel free to update this list as needed.
  • akdude
  • AKronin
  • AKScotty
  • AKSteveB
  • alaskantraveler (ANC)
  • alphaeagle (In transit?)
  • alaskamatt
  • ANC
  • ANC RED-EYE (When he's not in SAP)
  • AKDan (Kenai Peninsula)
  • beckoa
  • billscann
  • BOB W (If there's wine there is a way)
  • BoeingOrNotGoing
  • Chugach
  • ChugiakAk
  • eastwest
  • erikatcuse
  • Faralaska
  • filmdept
  • geefour907
  • HDK
  • HRHMom
  • jackal (extended vacation)
  • Jazon256
  • kajaz
  • la2jax
  • Lake_Hood
  • Legend717
  • Major G (part-time)
  • msccpa1
  • meej
  • pipeliner
  • REC1111 (Kenai Peninsula)
  • Ruthalaska
  • Seat 2A (FAI; comes through ANC often)
  • SouthAnch
  • stellertony (mostly in OAK, visits 2-3x/year)
  • wanderlove
  • warmstor
  • whereishome?
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated ANC Meet-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:21 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by beckoa
...but its all the way out in diamond
I'm confused...are you objecting to the food or the location Just say it, beckoa, where are you hoping we'll end up going???

You're coming from Eagle River - there's not exactly much in your neighborhood. And if we go to the BR first, it's just as quick to get to Dimond as downtown or really anywhere else except Spenard...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
I'm confused...are you objecting to the food or the location Just say it, beckoa, where are you hoping we'll end up going???

You're coming from Eagle River - there's not exactly much in your neighborhood. And if we go to the BR first, it's just as quick to get to Dimond as downtown or really anywhere else except Spenard...
beckoa wants cheap.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by jackal
beckoa wants cheap.
Are there cheap restaurants in Anchorage?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

beckoa wants cheap.
Hmm, not a lot of options for a party our size next Monday night.

• Kinley's
  • Glacier BrewHouse
  • ORSO
  • Sacks
  • Simon and Seafort's

That's looking for a party of 8 (currently-confirmed 7 plus one more spare); if we add in a couple more people, we're limited to just Kinley's, BrewHouse, and Simon's.

Hmm, what about jplenny's new place? The Valley might be easier for beckoa to get to...

(j/k )
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Starting at my work... and we'll be going to BR before- so flexible somewhat- the place does look a bit more upscale then I am used to that's all
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:32 am

Starting at my work... and we'll be going to BR before- so flexible somewhat- the place does look a bit more upscale then I am used to that's all
IMO, it's on par with the Brewhouse crowd...and this is the part I may get in trouble for...just better food and lower prices... If that gives you a comparison point...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
IMO, it's on par with the Brewhouse crowd...and this is the part I may get in trouble for...just better food and lower prices... If that gives you a comparison point...
No giftcard discounts nor do they have a microbrewry
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:35 am

Hmm, not a lot of options for a party our size next Monday night.

• Kinley's
  • Glacier BrewHouse
  • ORSO
  • Sacks
  • Simon and Seafort's

That's looking for a party of 8 (currently-confirmed 7 plus one more spare); if we add in a couple more people, we're limited to just Kinley's, BrewHouse, and Simon's.

Hmm, what about jplenny's new place? The Valley might be easier for beckoa to get to...

(j/k )
Is this from Opentable...if so, I don't think Suite 100 participates, so is not out of the question...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is this from Opentable...if so, I don't think Suite 100 participates, so is not out of the question...
Yes, OpenTable. Good point; didn't think to check if Suite 100 is a participant.

Calling shortly...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:38 am

No giftcard discounts nor do they have a microbrewry
However, their prices start 20% lower to begin with, and they have an excellent beer list featuring beers from all over Alaska...not just one place.

If it's beer you're looking for, perhaps we should go to the tasting room at Midnight Sun - good sandwiches...relatively cheap...excellent beer selection. But it's pretty tough to get a table...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:39 am

However, their prices start 20% lower to begin with, and they have an excellent beer list featuring beers from all over Alaska...not just one place.

If it's beer you're looking for, perhaps we should go to the tasting room at Midnight Sun - good sandwiches...relatively cheap...excellent beer selection. But it's pretty tough to get a table...
Just a quick comparison that's all...

We could just rent out the ANC BR conference room and arrange catering @:-)
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK, party of 10 reserved for Suite 100 Monday, February 7 at 7:00pm under the name "FlyerTalk." Be there or be square.

(And yes, Midnight Sun is phenomenal, but it's so loud there, we wouldn't be able to hear each other, and I don't think they do corkage. )

Ah--just called Suite 100 back to ask about corkage. It's $20 (it has always been $20, come to think of it), but they used to do a $10 credit towards the food (making corkage be, in effect, $10). They no longer do so, so it is indeed $20 per bottle.

Darn...but still looking forward to dinner there!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:48 am

OK, party of 10 reserved for Suite 100 Monday, February 7 at 7:00pm under the name "FlyerTalk." Be there or be square.

(And yes, Midnight Sun is phenomenal, but it's so loud there, we wouldn't be able to hear each other, and I don't think they do corkage. )

Ah--just called Suite 100 back to ask about corkage. It's $20 (it has always been $20, come to think of it), but they used to do a $10 credit towards the food (making corkage be, in effect, $10). They no longer do so, so it is indeed $20 per bottle.

alright- did you see how flexible they were with the amount if we exceed 10 pax...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:49 am

Excellent! I work until 5...but will head straight to the BR. This will be my first test of seeing if I can get a security pass with PP - if not...I'll be begging for guest access...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

alright- did you see how flexible they were with the amount if we exceed 10 pax...
Didn't ask, but I figured that if everyone who has a +1 brings his +1, we'll still have an open seat, so there's plenty of spare room for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.