DTW Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 2- July 22-23, 2006

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DTW Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 2- July 22-23, 2006

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Oh, yes! Ann Arbor has many, many upscale restaurants.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
One suggestion from my end would be Eve (fka Kerrytown Bistro), but I suspect that might be a little spendy for some people.

And one request: if possible, can we avoid one of the "mini-chain" establishments such as Gratzi, Palio, Chop House, or Real Seafood? (Although, I suppose Real Seafood is actually fairly good, so ignore that last restaurant elimination request.)

p.s. change me to confirmed for the Saturday dinner
Old Apr 30, 2006, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
One suggestion from my end would be Eve (fka Kerrytown Bistro), but I suspect that might be a little spendy for some people.

And one request: if possible, can we avoid one of the "mini-chain" establishments such as Gratzi, Palio, Chop House, or Real Seafood? (Although, I suppose Real Seafood is actually fairly good, so ignore that last restaurant elimination request.)

Logan on Washington St. is good too, but its also up there in cost. Both there and at eve will run you 20 - 30$/plate.

Alternatively, we might be able to book a large table at Grizzly Peak or Arbor Brewing company, both of which are large enough to accomodate a larger group of people without cramping their style.

What's our budget?
Old Apr 30, 2006, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by nathockens
What's our budget?
I'm still in school, so it would be much appreciated if any dinner events didn't go too upscale.

Otherwise I'll just suck it up or find an alternative. I won't cramp anyone's style.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I second Grizzly Peak as a good reasonable cost recommendation. (Of course, I'm completely contradicting my no mini-chain request, but I do like Grizz. )

Is Rush Street any good? I haven't been yet.

(I have my issues with the quality/pricing of "higher end" SE Michigan restaurants relative to other parts of the country, but I suppose that's a whole 'nother thread.)

Logan on Washington St. is good too, but its also up there in cost. Both there and at eve will run you 20 - 30$/plate.

Alternatively, we might be able to book a large table at Grizzly Peak or Arbor Brewing company, both of which are large enough to accomodate a larger group of people without cramping their style.

What's our budget?
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
we might be able to book a large table at Grizzly Peak
Grizzly Peak sounds like a good suggestion. I think Logan and Rush are probably a little too expensive. I don't want the expense to keep anyone away.

I will also throw out Jasmine Thai Bistro in Saline, about 5 miles south of Ann Arbor. Guaranteed awesome food. $12-$15 an entree. Great soup.

However, this does miss the dinner being held in Ann Arbor.

I guess I just vetoed my own idea, unless there is a groundswell of support.

I also think Grizzly Peak should be accomodating as they are on the fringe of the art fair, making parking difficult, but not impossible. This should keep a lot of people away.
Old May 1, 2006, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite

I LOVE Palio!

How about the other mini-bar chain? One-Eye'd Moose et al...more bar food but always fun
Old May 1, 2006, 10:12 am

For those of us from out of town a bit, I found a nice little slideshow with some pictures of local Ann Arbor establishments. A few of the places mentioned are in the slideshow, as well as many that haven't been. Perhaps it will help some locals get ideas, too.

http://www.leeandkristin.net/AnnArbo...n/DTTitle.html
Old May 1, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I'm still in school, so it would be much appreciated if any dinner events didn't go too upscale.
Funny you mention that. I lived in Ann Arbor for years and never set foot in any of the spots mentioned above. Mongolia BBQ was about the most upscale I ever did.

Now, Pizza House has an upstairs they reserve for banquets, FWIW.
Old May 1, 2006, 2:48 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
.... or, how about we rent out the Fleetwood Diner!

I used to have connections at Pancheros but I'm guessing the management/employees have turned over.
Old May 1, 2006, 8:13 pm

The quality of burritos has actually improved considerably since your departure.

(Although, I'll admit, I ate plenty of Panchero's during my time in Iowa City...)

Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
.... or, how about we rent out the Fleetwood Diner!

I used to have connections at Pancheros but I'm guessing the management/employees have turned over.
Old May 1, 2006, 8:16 pm

I walked by the roof top deal all the time, but never made it up there. I imagine it's pretty pleasant for drinks.

Originally Posted by socrates
I LOVE Palio!

How about the other mini-bar chain? One-Eye'd Moose et al...more bar food but always fun
Old May 1, 2006, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Grizzly Peak sounds like a good suggestion. I think Logan and Rush are probably a little too expensive. I don't want the expense to keep anyone away.
I've had mixed luck with Rush. Their "petit entrees" are way too petite for me and I ended up dropping like 130$ last time I took a date there.

Grizz is always a safe bet (good pork chops and golden beer), as well as Palio (good sangria), now that you guys mention it. Are we going to have to make a reservation a couple of months in advance?

Oh. Now that I mention Sangria, why hasn't anyone mentioned DOMINICKS?
Old May 1, 2006, 9:32 pm

(I have my issues with the quality/pricing of "higher end" SE Michigan restaurants relative to other parts of the country, but I suppose that's a whole 'nother thread.)
Also applies to real estate and sorority girls.
Old May 2, 2006, 6:18 pm

I can only attest to the former.

I've never made it to Dominick's (and now live "way over in Royal Oak"), but have always heard good things.

Also applies to real estate and sorority girls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.