Wiki Posts
Search

DTW Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 2- July 22-23, 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2006, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Is there a category for who spent the most time en route? I start my journey 60 minutes from now. I sure hope, for their sanity, that no one has started their journey any earlier than I have to
Unfortunately, I only have 3 door prizes. Perhaps you'll have a shot at best tip?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 7:37 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Sorry, I have to cancel. Mom is ill and we're taking her to the hospital.

I hope she feels better soon.

Family first. I'm glad you're able to be with her.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 6:01 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
I know this is really late but if you have room at dinner, I would like to join you. I hope I could be included at brunch as well Sunday. If not, c'est domage. See you this PM
Radonc1
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Well. Thanks to DL I will arriving at 1:30p to DTW. My 10:30am out of CVG got cancelled, now have to wait at the Crown Room with a Bloody Mary in-hand for the 12:30pm departure.

Darn. HEHEHE
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Thanks for all the well-wishes for mom. I had thought about going standby on the first flight out to DTW Thurs AM. Glad I didn't!

Mom got to her small single room in the hospital and started to fret that her insurance only covers double rooms. I told her not to worry since she hadn't requested a single room, it was an upgrade!

Well, come to find out, today she got another op-up! They needed her small single room for a new admission, and gave her a corner single room that was about 4 times as large. She said "oh, this is like the upgrade we got to First on NW when we were moving to Tampa." I said Yes.

She's recovering and should be home tomorrow or the next day.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
She's recovering and should be home tomorrow or the next day.
Glad to hear it. Must be a load off both your minds. I'll have plenty of time to fill you in on what happenned during the next SIN run.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:44 pm

Thanks VJ. Learned a couple of new things to enhance my mileage run experience.

Made it to DTW right on time, grabbed some snacks at the WorldClub and headed to the gate, there I sat next to Davakkar and chatted with him all the way down to ATL.

Once in ATL, I learned that my flight was once more delayed. Now leaving ATL-STL at 12:05am (as of now) arrival 12:35am. Got love DL and ATL, bad goes around.

Last edited by aviationkiwi; Jul 23, 2006 at 7:58 pm
Old Jul 23, 2006, 11:12 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Exclamation Ann Arbor Seminar Pix Online !

Quick-n-dirty upload AnnArborDO-PIX

Good to see y'all (again!)

CE & Mz
/.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:10 am

As an update. My flight was further delayed with a 2:14am departure arrival 2:54am (due to a mechanical in RIC). Needless to say I asked to just stay in ATL and get rebooked on the morning flight. Got to stay at a Comfort Inn thanks to ASA, the hotel took about 150 other DL flyers that didn't make they connections that evening.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 6:05 am

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Talking Thanks everyone...

For those of you who were involved in my attempts at getting home... I did, in fact, get Delta to route me back through Atlanta - and I got to spend another night at home. I had to try three times - once with SMS, once with the ticket agent, and finally the GA assisted me. My outgoing flight was showing nine minutes late, which she used to justify the change
I must admit - probably never would have tried it without VJ's encouragement and instruction this weekend. As if everyone didn't know this already - he's a rockstar!

Thanks everyone for a great DO/seminar. I know I learned a significant amount that should help me in the future. I have a couple weekends open in August and September, so I'm going to see if I can't put together an East-West MR just to get my feet wet.

For the experienced Michgan-ers, please keep me up to date on any MRs you see coming up - I'm game for the HKG/BKK/NRT/SIN route at a moment's notice!

See y'all soon...
Old Jul 25, 2006, 8:11 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
davakkar , glad you made it home to ATL-- although I don't know if I want to be responsible for you not going to work in ME..... and Angel, what a bummer about the your delay. Once upon a time when Backstreet ATL was open 24 hours, that would have been my way to spend the night instead of at the airport.

Thanks to everyone who came to the seminar. It was a fun exchange and I enjoyed talking with all of you. Special thanks to bikeguy for being a great host!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

I really enjoyed the DO and meeting many new people.

Thanks VJ for a great seminar.

For those of you that had to leave early, TC Fly Girl won the tip contest, with aviationkiwi a close second.

However, I think Swiss Air never heard of one of the rules VJ talked about.

YMMV.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:51 pm

I just wanted to add that I thought Weber's was an excellent choice for brunch. Variety, quality, and price were all excellent, especially for budget-minded folks like myself. That one's definitely a keeper on the list of possibilities for future A2 DOs. ^
Old Jul 27, 2006, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I just wanted to add that I thought Weber's was an excellent choice for brunch. Variety, quality, and price were all excellent, especially for budget-minded folks like myself. That one's definitely a keeper on the list of possibilities for future A2 DOs. ^
Weber's was the only repeat from last year. I too love good value and their brunch for $9.25 can't be beat.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 8:23 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
And let's make the Ann Arbor Public Library downtown a repeat next year and every year. And thanks for everything, it was awesome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.