Reload this Page >

Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2003, 6:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
You folks are THE most organised and friendly Flyertalkers from any region of the USA.
</font>
I agree! It was fun meeting you guys yesterday night. Not being a "DC'er", it was actually my third time participating in DC happy hours...

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited Dec 12, 2003).]
Old Dec 12, 2003, 8:22 pm

Hello everyone~

Was fun meeting you all last night. Glen, I look forward to meeting you next month. I wont be around for the Dec dinner, but I'll most likely be here for 1/8 happy hour. Dave, I got to get those Hyatt details from you again when I have had less to drink, YGM.

See everyone next time.

-Jason
Old Dec 14, 2003, 8:20 pm

Sorry I missed everyone last week. Just wanted to wish the Washington Crew happy holidays.

Also, Oz: not that I can take credit for it, but thanks for the kind words. I did notice you didn't say we're the most fun, just the most organized.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Just a timely bump as doubtless bhatnasx is sunning himself by now, while ya'll shovel snow.

We pass thru Dulles this Monday for a small pre-Christmas drinks gathering at Reston and hope to see a lot of folks Thurs Jan 8 at the Dominion.

We ended up getting the Dulles Hilton on Priceline which is a darn shame as thezipper will not speak to me for missing out on the Hyatt Dulles which "always" goes for that same $45 money. Not today anyway.

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from a UA 747-400 exit row 15 near you SOON!
Old Dec 19, 2003, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
Just a timely bump as doubtless bhatnasx is sunning himself by now, while ya'll shovel snow. </font>
Actually, I'm still here in DC - I don't leave til the the morning of the 30th. I just don't know if I can get out of work in time to make it out to IAD for the dinner so I don't want to commit - but from what I've read, it sounds like you'll have a good crowd out there (still curious whether tazi exists, so I may see if I can slip out a little early. I'm expecting a package to be delivered that day in Arlington, so I may have to go from Bethesda to Arlington then to IAD before I can even meet up. But I'll give it a shot!

But on the 8th, I'll be sitting on a beach in Koh Phangnan, and I'll even pour myself a glass of bubbly while thinking about you all in DC

[This message has been edited by bhatnasx (edited Dec 19, 2003).]
Old Dec 22, 2003, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

bumpin' it up for anyone who's interested in going tonight.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It was good to see everyone tonight at Clydes - we had The Linders, Oz & Joh, G2, OttoGraham, idealflyer, and Kokonutz. Unfortunately, no tazi, so gleff, you're not the common denominator like you had suggested earlier Tazi is just a figment of the FT imagination!

I won't be around on the 1/8 dinner/do, but will definitely be around for the February one (provided it's not on 2/12) - hope to see the usual crew and the some new people - hope everyone that came tonight enjoys the luggage tags!

Old Dec 24, 2003, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great group of folks at Clydes - and that is a perfect spot for any FT Doos in airport area, it really is.

Hope to see old and new faces January 8th at Old Dominion.

Many thanks to Sam for those great black leather Marriott bag tags.

Merry Christmas from La Paz Bolivia!

And as for that totally non-existent TAZI person ....

------------------
Old Dec 28, 2003, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm off to Thailand! Enjoy the 1/8 Happy Hour & let me know the date of the 2/?? Happy Hour at the Doubletree.

Happy New Years! I'll be spending mine in line at customers at BKK!
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:31 pm

I will try to be there for my first flyer talk event! I hope to see some of the regulars from the US board (about the only one I have time to read these days).
Old Dec 30, 2003, 4:32 pm

Ozstamps, what hours will you be here on the 8th? We need to figure out a time for the Old Dominion event. Will 7 pm work?
Old Dec 31, 2003, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shirley ... be pleased to meet you!

Sam ... enjoy the sun in Asia you lucky dog.

Alysia - 7pm will work perfectly for us. thezipper has kindly offered to swing by and pick us up at about 6.30pm or so.

We arrive that am, so anytime is fine. We are staying at Dulles Hilton which the Lindners tell us is real near that new Aerospace Museum, so we will visit there during the day .. anyone else been there yet?

Happy NYE (in 3 hours!) to all from Cuzco Peru.

------------------
Old Dec 31, 2003, 6:45 pm

Whatis the best way to get there by transit?

Cab from nearest Metro station (if so, which station?) Or sneaking a ride on a nearby hotel's courtesy bus form IAD?

------------------
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"
(Leslie Nielsen as Dr Rumack in "Airplane")
Old Dec 31, 2003, 7:17 pm

We arrive that am, so anytime is fine. We are staying at Dulles Hilton which the Lindners tell us is real near that new Aerospace Museum, so we will visit there during the day .. anyone else been there yet?

</font>
Yes, we actually had an FT outing to the new museum last weekend.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hello Everyone,

Happy New Years from BKK. My roommate & I decided to forgo the Khao San road area and ended up staying at the Bangkok Riverside Marriott which if you are ever in BKK, I highly recommend. It is quite possibly one of the nicest hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. Granted, I haven't stayed at that many, but this place is great.

Anyways, Happy New Years!

p.s. - Don't Call Me Shirley, if you let people know where you're coming from, you may be able to either hitch a ride or get better advice. A cab will be expensive as hell. Worse case scenario, from the metro, hop on the cheap bus to IAD & take a hotel shuttle or a cab from there.

Have fun on the 8th everyone! See y'all in February!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.