Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2003, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Hope you folks have a GREAT evening tonight, and Joh and I do look forward to catching up with many of you next month for CRAB on Friday November 7, or maybe lunch on Sunday November 16?

------------------
Don't forget the FT Party In Paradise 'PiP' Hana Hou - in HNL Oct 25-27

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 10-15-2003).]
Old Oct 15, 2003, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
I would be amenable to a lunch on 16 Nov or a drink and a bite anytime between 13 - 17 Nov, as I will be in Washington on a spot of R&R(escaping the grim reality of turning 50). Regards. Al
Old Oct 24, 2003, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

bump - to remind people about 11/7 at joe's crabshack.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 7:21 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Just dropping in...

Nice to see familiar faces.

-- no longer homeless in Phx,
VJ
Old Oct 29, 2003, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Viajero Joven:

Just dropping in...

Nice to see familiar faces.

</font>
Hey .. get yourself a mileage run to IAD for November 7 or November 16 maybe. Saturday night stay is a cinch for either.

Remember 2 stays at the Hyatt Dulles (or any Hyatt) even on Priceline at $45 if you pay for a phone call or Coke (or any incidental) on a Mastercard gets you a FREE Hyatt night worldwide - even in $400 hotels.

The wonderful things you learn at FT dinners - and this one I only picked up last Saturday at a HNL FT dinner:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum60/HTML/001987.html

For anyone worried about driving home that lives a ways out, grabbing this Hyatt on PL may be an idea?

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from UA 747-400 exit row 15A near you SOON!
Old Nov 2, 2003, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

bumping it up to remind people!
Old Nov 6, 2003, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

a "see you tomorrow" bump!
Old Nov 8, 2003, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It was good to see all those who showed up last night. We had Oz & Joh, thezipper, gleff, mileageaddict (and his family, his 6 year old son has more mile banked than I do!), whlinder & lmlinder, and jhopper06 (my friend that's registered, but has never posted!)

bumpin' it up to think about next month...
Old Nov 12, 2003, 12:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhatnasx:
*** Updated on 11/08/03***

Any ideas for December's Happy Hour? For me it will be relatively busy month. The last 2 happy hours have been in DC and Virginia, so I'm guessing that this months will be in Maryland. As we normally do them on Thursdays, I would recommend doing something on December 11 or 18th, as the Thursdays after that are Christmas & New Years.

</font>
We don't do Maryland anymore as too many of us had trouble remembering our passports in order to get across the Maryland border.

Old Nov 12, 2003, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Alysia:
We don't do Maryland anymore as too many of us had trouble remembering our passports in order to get across the Maryland border.

</font>
and more importantly we remember that traffic nightmare getting to Bethesda the last time and finding that everyone who attended had come from VA and DC in the mess. My vote is VA or DC, of course my new client is IN bethesda so I might change that tune in Jan/Feb
Old Nov 12, 2003, 2:48 pm

Looks like I missed happy hour this month (and apparently every month prior since I didn't know it existed)

Any plans for next month? I'll be in town the first two weeks of December.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 3:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jasons2e:
Looks like I missed happy hour this month (and apparently every month prior since I didn't know it existed)

Any plans for next month? I'll be in town the first two weeks of December.
</font>
We are doing lunch on Sunday. Join us! There is a another thread about this.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm all about VA and DC. I live in Arlington and work in Bethesda, so I'm pretty flexible! But VA is always preferable because parking is usually free and DC isn't too bad, but MD has those terrible MD drivers! So does anyone have any suggestions? I'm also in town the first 2 weeks of December, but gone/super busy towards the end (lots of people coming from out of town & getting ready to travel to BKK)
Old Nov 12, 2003, 3:23 pm

Well, since it is December, is there any place that is festive that we could go to?

Union Station is always decorated nicely this time of year. We did Union Station in May, but there are a couple of other restaurants there.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I heard that the DoubleTree in Crystal City has a revolving rooftop restaurant - Does anyone know if that's true - or was someone just pulling my leg?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.