Reload this Page >

Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2003, 9:06 am

Ozstamps, you attend the monthly DC happy hours more than some of the locals do, i.e. Tazi.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I have a theory, and it's rather disturbing.

Back in July, I was going to pick up tazi for the DC gathering. (She was to meet up at Oz & Joh's hotel.)

In November, I was going to pick up suzy1k for the DC gathering.

In both cases, these FTers cancelled. Common denominator? gleff. I'm beginning to get a complex.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
There was a time when a young man about town with a zippy open-top red sports car would NOT have this problem with attractive young ladies gleff.

Now I didn't want to be the one to mention this but .........

Back to the thread - I am going to see if we can entice mdtony out of his semi-retirement from FT dinners to join us at this Festive time if he is in town on one of these dates.

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from a UA 747-400 exit row 15 near you SOON!

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited Dec 06, 2003).]
Old Dec 9, 2003, 12:46 pm

Is there a NoVa 1/8 Happy Hour being planed?
Old Dec 9, 2003, 1:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jasons2e:
Is there a NoVa 1/8 Happy Hour being planed?</font>
We'll probably talk about the details on Thursday night.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Alysia:
We'll probably talk about the details on Thursday night. </font>
And I'll update it here that night or Friday morning if you don't show to this one.

Oz, are you guys going to be at IAD again or will you actually be coming into the city?
Old Dec 9, 2003, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhatnasx:

Oz, are you guys going to be at IAD again or will you actually be coming into the city?</font>
Sadly we have a 7 a.m. flight IAD-SFO-SYD on Jan 9th, and am always leery of taking real early flights if a long commute from downtown is involved on a working day.

We have exactly a 33 minute SFO connect to the SYD flight, so if we miss the 7am ex IAD we are toast. We have slpper First Suites confirmed for the SYD flight, and the next day may not get those.

So I think we will again hit the Hyatt Dulles or Sheraton Reston type deal just to be safe.

But if downtown is the go, we can hook with anyone driving from Dulles neck of woods wherever it suits - West Falls Church etc.

================================================== ========

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited Dec 09, 2003).]
Old Dec 9, 2003, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
We have exactly a 33 minute SFO connect to the SYD flight, so if we miss the 7am ex IAD we are toast. </font>
Has UA added a late-morning SFO-SYD flight?

Maybe an ozstamps special configured 747 with all F suites and cargo capacity replaced with Dom, Grande Dame, and Bollinger...
Old Dec 10, 2003, 7:13 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Jan. 8th isn't looking so good for me now as I will be working. However, I am off on the 22nd. If I leave early in the afternoon I can sneak into VA and avoid the worst of its' non-driving residents.

Did you decide where to go yet in Reston Town Center? I vote for Rio Grand Cafe

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin
Old Dec 10, 2003, 11:30 am

For those of us who are meeting for the DEC happy hour, any particular spot in or out of the Cap City brew pub?
Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by headinclouds:
For those of us who are meeting for the DEC happy hour, any particular spot in or out of the Cap City brew pub? </font>
At the bar -- where there's room.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just called Cap City and made a reservation under the name "Flyertalk" for 8-10 people arriving at 6:30. I think my friends Joe & Tony (lurkers that have usernames I think, but have never posted - and I'm sure they are reading this) may be joining us as well. Tony was a the Hotel Washington & Joe was Joe's Crab Shack dinners.

If you get there early/late, just show & say you're with the Flyertalk group.

Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:27 pm

Wait -- are we doing a table or the bar? I think the 50% off beer and appetizers are only good at the bar.

Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Alysia:
Wait -- are we doing a table or the bar? I think the 50% off beer and appetizers are only good at the bar.

</font>
Not sure - I've never been there, so I don't know how packed the bar gets (if it's anything like Irish Times, I definitely recommend a table). I can change the table reservation to 7PM instead. The 1/2 price apps & beers only go til 7 anyways. Let me know & I'll call back.

Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhatnasx:
Not sure - I've never been there, so I don't know how packed the bar gets (if it's anything like Irish Times, I definitely recommend a table). I can change the table reservation to 7PM instead. The 1/2 price apps & beers only go til 7 anyways. Let me know & I'll call back.

</font>

According to their website for another one of their locations:
Enjoy $2.50 hand crafted brew pints (bar & restaurant)
and half price appetizers (bar only).

But anyway, this place isn't usually that packed. I've been there several times. The last time I ate there was during Thanksgiving week and there were seats at the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.