Reload this Page >

Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2003, 5:49 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Can relative newbies attend these?
Old Nov 12, 2003, 6:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by liveon777:
Can relative newbies attend these?</font>
Well, we are somewhat exclusive and you must first go through an initiation process.

Old Nov 12, 2003, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by liveon777:
Can relative newbies attend these?</font>
I've been to about 4 of these things, and I'm just as new as you are! You're more than welcome to attend livon777! Of course, Alysia will be inducting you
Old Nov 13, 2003, 5:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhatnasx:
I've been to about 4 of these things, and I'm just as new as you are! You're more than welcome to attend livon777! Of course, Alysia will be inducting you </font>

Just don't tell liveon777 what the initiation process is in advance. Remember -- you're sworn to secrecy.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

To get the ball rolling on this, I recommend we go with Thursday, December 11. Union Station sounds like a fine place to meet (metro accessible & a parking garage). Does anyone have a particular restaurant at Union Station they'd like to eat at?
Old Nov 13, 2003, 6:46 am

Well, we ate at that America place back in May. So for variety, we could go someplace else. There's a Pizzeria Uno and what else?

[This message has been edited by Alysia (edited Nov 13, 2003).]
Old Nov 13, 2003, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhatnasx:
I heard that the DoubleTree in Crystal City has a revolving rooftop restaurant - Does anyone know if that's true - or was someone just pulling my leg?</font>
It does and it has a good happy hour that several FT'ers have attended several times. It has a great view of DC and also the air traffic coming in and out of DCA. Definately a good place for a get-togerther.

Old Nov 13, 2003, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'd be interested in checking out the Doubletree in Crystal City. How does that sound, Alysia?
Old Nov 13, 2003, 9:15 am

I'd be interested in checking out the Doubletree in Crystal City. How does that sound, Alysia?</font>
Fine by me. I only suggested Union Station because it will be December and it is so festively decorated.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
And don't forget the great model train set-up they do every year at Union Station. Also, if anyone's inclined, right across the street is a microbrewery that serves pretty good food.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 4:40 pm

If you go to Cap City brewing across from Union station, the pints of beer are $2.50 and appetizers are 50% off from 5-7pm at the bar and standup tables.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
They're starting to put up the BIG TRAIN SET in the lobby of Union Station.

How can anybody pass up the chance to relive your childhood (and sometimes not so young) fantasies of a really big train set. Little villages, trees, snow...the works.

I vote for Union Station, and, of course, the Cap City Brewing Company.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like the majority would be interested in Union Station (also, it's got a Metro stop) - now to determine the date - December 11 or 18? Both are Thursdays. I personally vote for the 11th - on the 18th I may have to pick up a friend at IAD, but I'm not sure what time her flight gets in and even if she'll need me to get her.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 2:27 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
"Just don't tell liveon777 what the initiation process is in advance. Remember -- you're sworn to secrecy. "

I just had visions of fraternity initiation all over again!
Harder to get upgraded there.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 2:39 pm

I am going to be in DC on business on Wed. the 10th of Dec.

I vote for 12/11/2003

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.