Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monthly DC Happy Hours Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2003, 2:50 pm

December 11 sounds good to me as well.

As for a meeting time, we have always met at 7 PM but the half-price specials end at 7 at the Cap City Brewery (if that is indeed the chosen restaurant). So for this gathering, I guess we could start at 6:30.

Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Alysia:
December 11 sounds good to me as well.

As for a meeting time, we have always met at 7 PM but the half-price specials end at 7 at the Cap City Brewery (if that is indeed the chosen restaurant). So for this gathering, I guess we could start at 6:30.

</font>
I think that should be fine - any late comers (such as myself) will have to pay full price!

I'm going to change the front page to 12/11 at 6.30 at Captiol City Brewing - let me know if any other changes need to be made!
Old Nov 24, 2003, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

reminder bump!
Old Dec 2, 2003, 12:30 pm

Who usually shows up to the happy hours? How many people make it? I'd like to make this one. Hopfully I'll se everyone there

-Jason
Old Dec 2, 2003, 12:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jasons2e:
Who usually shows up to the happy hours? How many people make it? I'd like to make this one. Hopfully I'll se everyone there

-Jason
</font>
Anywhere from 5 to 15 people usually.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Not sure what approx time of month the JANUARY dinner might be, but just in case it is anywhere around Thursday January 8, Joh and I would be delighted to be able to pop in and say 'hi' to whomever is about on our way back from Argentina and Bolivia etc as we have a day in DC.

And just in case anyone is about Dulles Airport Monday Dec 22 we have a nuisance 6 hour layover from 4.40 pm to the EZE flight at 10.20pm.

We are flying It'l first so will get access to a decent lounge for a change so we can smuggle anyone in as Guests I am sure. Our bags will be checked thru ex SFO and BP's issued. Or have an early dinner near Dulles if anyone is about then.

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from a UA 747-400 exit row 15 near you SOON!

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited Dec 03, 2003).]
Old Dec 3, 2003, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oz,

As much as I'd like to see you & Joh, I won't be able to make the 22nd and on the 8th, I'll be sipping bubbly on the beaches of Koh Phangan in Thailand. Hope your trip is great nonetheless!

Old Dec 3, 2003, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That must be one BIGGG bottle of bubbly to last 2 weeks?

Why would anyone trade the brisk and invigorating Christmas air of DC for some warm beach in Asia?

Shame we'll miss this time - enjoy that BIGGG bottle and all that sun.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 11:12 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Glen, let me know if you need use of the "zipp-mobile" ... I'm always up for a mattress run out at the Hyatt.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
Not sure what approx time of month the JANUARY dinner might be, but just in case it is anywhere around Thursday January 8, Joh and I would be delighted to be able to pop in and say 'hi' to whomever is about on our way back from Argentina and Bolivia etc as we have a day in DC.

And just in case anyone is about Dulles Airport Monday Dec 22 we have a nuisance 6 hour layover from 4.40 pm to the EZE flight at 10.20pm.
</font>
I have an aversion to driving to VA but if you will be in DC on the 8th, I will very likely be able to meet you in town.

thazienne, the invisible

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin
Old Dec 5, 2003, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
Cool! I'm going to be in DC for a meeting on 12/11 & will try to make it if I get free quick enough.

Be nice to see some of the peeps I met at the last London do
Old Dec 5, 2003, 7:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:

We are flying It'l first so will get access to a decent lounge for a change so we can smuggle anyone in as Guests I am sure. Our bags will be checked thru ex SFO and BP's issued. Or have an early dinner near Dulles if anyone is about then.

</font>

I'm generally near IAD, but will be in Califotnia 12/22. Let me know if anything gets planed around 1/8. I'll be in NYC 12/29-?, but I'll likly be back ~ 1/5.
Old Dec 5, 2003, 8:52 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Any thoughts as to Jan?
I can't make 12/11, headed skiing in CO. But really want to attend one of these, even if there is a secret indoctrination.
Old Dec 5, 2003, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Appears to be on 1/8 - I won't be there, but I'll try to keep things up to date as I'll be leaving DC on the 28th.

Everyone okay with the 8th tentatively to coincide with Oz & Joh (who just can't seem to stay away from DC!)?
Old Dec 6, 2003, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tazi:

I have an aversion to driving to VA but if you will be in DC on the 8th, I will very likely be able to meet you in town.

thazienne, the invisible

</font>
100% USDA Baloney. Liar Liar Liar. You simply do not exist. Several dozen FT'ers can bear witness to this from 3 separate occasions.

Rumour is you are just another handle that Kokonutz person uses. And now and again he dons a black wig on dark evenings just to fool gullible folk.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thezipper:

Glen, let me know if you need use of the "zipp-mobile" ... I'm always up for a mattress run out at the Hyatt.</font>
Yooo Hooo.

Charles is the only person in the Eastern US who can find the Sheraton Reston at night. Talk about a needle in a haystack. You must have more Hyatt free nights than their CEO.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhatnasx:

Appears to be on 1/8 - I won't be there, but I'll try to keep things up to date as I'll be leaving DC on the 28th.

Everyone okay with the 8th tentatively to coincide with Oz & Joh (who just can't seem to stay away from DC!)?</font>
Keep away from DC? Hey, we smuggle in a gross of Cohiba Ceegars in for Dubya each visit. Please folks - no leaks to the 'Washington Post' on this one.

So as not to side-track and confuse the Official December Dinner December 11, I'll start a separate thread on our zoom-thru-Dulles-early-dinner-and/or-drinks for Monday Dec 22. Flyertalker GG suggested we visit Reston Town Centre somewhere and we are fine with that, and imagine that will be about 6 pm or so?

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from a UA 747-400 exit row 15 near you SOON!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.