Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 1999, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
Welcome Bernie!

I have relatives in Dusseldorf but have not had the opportunity to visit yet. Hopefully, I'll get out that way sometime!

------------------
Regards,
- Anna

Old Sep 10, 1999, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Welcome, bernie! I'm writing this during a stop at EWR on my way to AMS from SFO. My business this week is in a place called Veenendaal (Netherlands), about 20 km. from Arnhem, which does not look too far from DUS on my map. Are you familiar with the area, and if so, could you make any suggestions?
Old Sep 11, 1999, 2:49 am
In Memoriam

[b]dgolds[b] Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the Netherlands very well. But you're right, it's just a short trip to Germany and Duesseldorf and Cologne. As I've heard from friends Arnhem seems to be quite nice a city. Netherlands is just a small country so it is virtually not too big a deal to get around (Amsterdam/ The Hague). See also the thread "8 days in Brussels" /don't knao exactly what forum) There are somme ideas what to do in that area, too.
Old Sep 14, 1999, 11:15 pm

Thanks for the welcome Catman! Promise I wont sing
Old Sep 18, 1999, 3:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
Hello, I guess it is about time that I become a part of the community and join in on Who We Are?

My name is Jay, if you hadn't guessed, and I have been a member of Flyer Talk from close to the beginning. I had been longing for a place to exchange information on Frequent Flyer programs and have some fun doing it. I don't post that often but I am not shy about putting my 2 cents in, even if I am wrong. I believe if you are going to make a mistake, make it a big one.

A little bit about myself. I work as a Commercial Aviation Operations Manager for ground handling company. My company was recently bought by a certain Swiss Airline Group which means I am some how related to Rudi. I presently am assigned to a station in the city of Khabarovsk, Russia. I usual get time off every 2 to 3 months and usually spend it traveling with my wife. We mostly fly on DL because, until several months ago, they flew to where we wanted to travel and we could travel in first class for a coach class ticket. I am a PM on DL this year but will probably just make GM next year because DL has indefinitely suspended their co-share with KE and that makes it hard for me to get from SEL to my favorite destination, Maui. I like to stay at Hilton's but also frequent Starwood and Marriott. Budget and National are my prefered car rental companies.

If you have any questions about flight operations or baggage handling, I will try to answer them for you since I have a little experience in that field.

Bregds
Jay
Old Sep 18, 1999, 6:07 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
JayJ: your are one of the famous OMNI-price-winners:

for an outstanding box-fight between merry and JayJ at http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum53/HTML/000007.html

But I was never able to deliver you your prize (posting to Russia seemed not reasonable in your opinion). Please email me your US-address and at last you will receive the price by FedEx from Switzerland.
Old Sep 20, 1999, 9:22 am
Original Member

Keep it up, guys, especially those of you who are lurking but haven't yet worked up enough nerve to post.
Old Nov 29, 1999, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Who We All Are 4

Bringing back an oldie but a goodie that has been dormant for a while.

Blonde Bomber wrote in Who We All Are 3: here are the links to previous Who We All Are's so thankfully started by Baobab. Don't be shy now. Let us know who you are (even if you're not posting much).

In FlyerTalk Community:

Who We All Are 3: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/000052.html

In the Buzz:

Who We All Are 2: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001305.html

Who We All Are: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000469.html

and don't forget to visit the picture gallery HTTP://members.aol.com/flyerpics/wanted.htm

[This message has been edited by dgolds (edited 06-01-2000).]
Old Nov 29, 1999, 9:42 am

I am 54 years old, married (to CanadianHoneyBun) with 2 adult children. My daughter is 24 and my son is 22. Both are still at home. This is both and .

I am self-employed (for 18 years) as a computer consultant but have no other (outside of family) employees.

I live just north of Toronto and have lived in the Toronto area my entire life.

My travel is personel only BUT I always make at least one "business" call and it becomes a "business" trip.

I visit the islands and Las Vegas for vacations. Visit LV at least 2-3 times a year. I have never been overseas.

I was a AAdvantage member since it started but have not used AA for a number of years (prices too high). I have used a number of the "Charters" that fly out of Toronto but I hate them because of the cramped seating. Started using CO in the spring because of the great discounts (coupons) and the prestige packs. Also signed up for CO's RewardOne.

I fly about 17,000 miles with 15 segments this year (will not be flying anymore this year). This is about normal, so I have never got to Elite status in any of the FF programs. I do not belong to any of the airline "lounges" but have coupons (from RewardOne)for CO President's club.

------------------
"Free" without charge or cost, having no obligation.

[This message has been edited by CanadianFlyer (edited 11-30-1999).]
Old Nov 29, 1999, 12:08 pm
Original Member

More info that you could possibly want to know about me on my web page.
http://www.brodietech.com/rbrodie
Old Nov 29, 1999, 3:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I have never been overseas. seen from where I live you have always been overeas CanadianFlyer
Old Nov 29, 1999, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi all,

I am 41 and live in the Bay area of California. I was born in the birthplace of the United States, Concord, MA. Moved to Santa Barbara, CA when I was 3. Moved to San Jose, CA Fall of 1997 to take my curent job as a Sr. Customer Support Engineer working with Scott the Flyer. I am single with no current love interests. 95% of my flying is on business. I fly United exclusively and will make Premier Executive about the middle of December. My interests are Astronomy, computers, sports (as a spectator), reading fiction and science fiction and watching movies. I am 6'2" tall with long legs so I love my upgrades. Succesful on 21 of 22 segments that I could upgrade, including the elusive upgrade to London and back in October. And got these as a Premier. I spent 9 years in the Navy from 81-90 in Nuclear power working on submarines. Well now you all know more about me than you probably wanted to.

Jim

[This message has been edited by Baze (edited 11-29-1999).]
Old Nov 29, 1999, 4:37 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
Who am I? Well, Santa emailed and he needs help. So, I have raided the humidor and produced a fine Montecristo 3 Habana to clip and smoke while I type away. The Panda has died, and I am sad. And I had just cancelled a trip over the Thanksgiving week to DC because of work.

Basics?
Born 1957, in Oregon, female. Chinese, single (never been married, and I'm not going to rant stories about how this or that man treated me, and he was a scuz ball, a dirt bag, a lowlifer-con-redneck, etc...Naw, it's history, I don't remember), and no children. I do have four cats (Bill..the mom, Eddie Grey, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and Black Butte Porter), all females. They are all wild; I don't spend enough time with them.

Lived in two different cities for the past 24 years, alternating the amount of days in each one accordingly...school, business, jobs, etc.; commuting between Eugene and Roseburg, Oregon. Am in the restaurant business, so my working hours are mainly at night and on the weekend.

My travels started young...driving to Vancouver, BC, or San Francisco to visit relatives. I've been to Hawaii, SoCal, LAS, Arizona, NYC, Florida, Belgium, France, Switzerland, London, Washington state, and to the '76 Olympics in Montreal! Bumped into Wilt Chamberlain in the crowd after the Women's Gymastic Finals...he was with many a tall blonde. My latest travels have included 5 trips to DC, and 2 to New Orleans this year.
All my flying is for pleasure, out of my own pocket, and I try to take advantage of the deeply discounted tickets. Never been FC, but will have to try it someday (perhaps with an upgrade). Unlike most vacationers who travel with the idea "I'm only going to be here once-in-a-lifetime attitude!", I, like a majority of the FTers, fly when they can, because they can...on a whim, or with a reason. Flew to DC in June for two days 'cause I could get a ticket for Les Miz front, center row, visit the ailing Hsing-Hsing, and check out the Smithsonian Folklife Festival. Short, but sweet. Half of my trips are a secret because I'm tired of explaining why I would want to go somewhere for 2-4 days. Traveling is my therapy, I don't need Prozac or a shoulder to cry on (so messy..).

If anyone is familiar with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test...I am a ISTJ.
My interests are travel, food, art, research and learning, and I smoke an occasional cigar because my father smoked cigars and a pipe. Not a big drinker, but I do enjoy single malt scotchs, and I do know my beverages...I'm in the restaurant biz, 'member?

I know a few "neon sculpture" artists, and own a few pieces. Drafting, woodwork, construction, painting (buildings, interiors, and canvas), crafts, etc. I've dabbled in a lot of things. Probably 90% of my friends are male, and there are reasons why.

Whoa, hope this isn't too long of a post. And I sound so SERIOUS!!! Started the post, and have been adding every so often until I send. My chiropractor sez I cannot spend more than 10 minutes in front of the computer at one time, or else my left hand goes numb.

I have been told that I'm fiercely independent, pragmatic, eccentric, and "believe it or not"..funny.
Old Nov 29, 1999, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was born in Los Angeles, California. Recently I moved with my wife, my 9 and 10 year old (girl and boy) to the Washington DC area for business reasons. I don't like the area much (I live in Northern Virginia in a neighborhood called Mantua) yet but suppose it will grow on me yet.

I have been married for twelve years, my wife works from home in the law business. We have a dog, an American Eskimo, who loves my wife almost as much as I do and follows her around like her shadow.

I run an Internet technology start-up. I love my work very, very much, it is terribly exciting to me.

I do a lot of domestic flying, probably 2 - 3 times per week or more, mostly on AA and US. I hate flying coach but do it on shorter trips. I am Gold on AA and Preferred Plus on US.

I don't do tons of personal travel, but I just vacationed for a week in a condo in Palm Beach. On vacations I like to go with my family to places where we can swim, boat, eat, drink, cook, hike, sail.

I am looking forward to meeting some of you on Flyertalk. My only challenge is finding the time because my schedule is just incredibly intense between raising money, developing new business, hiring people, and a million other things.

When I travel I like to stay at Crowne Plaza or Marriott. I find their service is usually very good, the rooms quite nice, the mattresses good quality, the amenities appealing. My schedule is such that I can't plan ahead so I usually pay full fares at the last minute. I book my own travel using the Net.
Old Nov 29, 1999, 5:45 pm

Ling, thanks for the bio...from one of the fellow Oregonians that participate here, a 3-cat person. Anyone who names their cats after 2 of my favorite beers can't be a bad person.

Let us know when you get up towards the Portland area. I understand Essxjay has been known to enjoy a cigar and a fine single malt from time to time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.