Search

ANA and UA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 1998, 10:45 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: UAL, Hyatt, Hilton, Shangri-La
ANA and UA

About April of this year there were huge rumors and news reports (in Japan!)of All Nippon Air wanting to join with United and its Star Alliance partners. I haven't heard a single thing since then. Does anyone know anything about this? I make about 5-6 roundtrips to US from Japan and would make a nice addition.
Old Aug 10, 1998, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
ANA entered at least into an immediate a close relationship with LH (and their miles&more program).

My guessing is, that UA and LH try to enter ANA into Star-Alliance, but Thai will probably not like it - and may be the two probably new partners (probably Ansett) will not like it very much either.

And I don't know very much about ANA's point of view (in any partnership you do not only get, have to give as well ...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.