How about meeting in SAN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about meeting in SAN?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2001, 6:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

AtlMan, we have 23 confirmed and 26 as possible (unless we count Village Idiot's multiple personae, and then the count moves higher).

We are hard at work on restaurants for both Friday and Saturday night. I'm sacrificing myself on the FT altar, and am shortly off to sample the wares at one. We'll add the restaurant info on the web site as soon as we have it.
Old May 31, 2001, 4:11 am

Hi-
Please count me in too, although I may only
be able to make dinner on Friday night
although that could change. Undecided whether
to take UX or drive. I'm looking forward to
meeting everybody!
Old May 31, 2001, 3:25 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
Hey everyone, we're having some email problems with the site, so, if you try to send a mail to us and it bounces back, please resend it to mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A> . Thanks.

(I moved the site to a new server, and we're still ironing out the kinks. Thanks for bearing with us).
Old May 31, 2001, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I might be able to drive down that weekend. Please give me a heads up when it gets close.
Old May 31, 2001, 10:49 pm
In Memoriam

Count me in too. I booked a decent airfare to LAX and will drive down to San Diego in time for the airport tour on Friday. I took advantage of the $60 priceline deal but I won the U.S. Grant Hotel in downtown SAN instead of the Sheraton. Does anyone know anything about the hotel?
Old Jun 1, 2001, 7:46 am

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
U S Grant Hotel
Old Jun 1, 2001, 8:45 am
Community Director Emerita

The US Grant is an elegant grande dame hotel in downtown San Diego. It has been renovated and restored, and the public areas I have visited are beautiful. It is at the north end of the Gaslamp Quarter and Horton Plaza, a good location for being able to walk to the most active area for San Diego nightlife.
Old Jun 1, 2001, 7:40 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
Want to swap the U S Grant for the Sheraton?
Old Jun 2, 2001, 12:37 am

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
I got the US Grant on a Priceline bid in July. They have a complimentary shuttle to the airport, which the Westin Horton or the Marriotts do not. I liked the location, too. It was across the street from the trolley, a main bus stop, and walking distance to lots of places. An older property, but the bed was as good as a "heavenly bed". Bathroom was huge.

Linda
Old Jun 2, 2001, 7:10 pm

Programs: Lapsed elite statuses galore
Excuse the newbie intrusion...

...but, bored with checking my AAdvantage statement online, I plugged SAN and the FT event dates in, and came up with a $491 HNL-SAN-HNL fare...so I booked it

So would you wizened FT veterans mind if this infrequent flyer crashed your proceedings?

Besides, I want to see the Lindbergh tower...

Aloha,
Steve

(edited to correct one typo, please excuse any others)

[This message has been edited by Lokahi (edited 06-02-2001).]
Old Jun 2, 2001, 7:58 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Lokahi:
So would you wizened FT veterans mind if this infrequent flyer crashed your proceedings?</font>
Absolutely not! Look forward to meeting with you. I added you to the confirmed list on http://sandiego.markbach.com/ . If you'd like to email me your travel plans to include on that site, please feel free.
Old Jun 2, 2001, 8:01 pm
In Memoriam

Lokahi: You are certainly welcome. We do not discriminate based on number of posts, quality of jewels of your frequent flyer cards, etc. But darn it! I keep waiting to go to someplace where someone from Hawaii can bring me some lau lau. I moved to Washington from Hawaii and miss the taste. Unfortunately, I will be staying four nights and it would be a bit ripe before I returned home. Anyway, welcome.
Old Jun 3, 2001, 4:19 am

Well, I'm still a 'possible' and the chances are looking better. Should know more within a few weeks.

Note to stimpy: If we can both make it, wanna drive down together? I'd probably go on Saturday morning, but might be able to swing Friday for the airport stuff.
Old Jun 3, 2001, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
Transcons BOS/SAN finally dropped.

I'm booked, getting in friday morning, leaving Sunday afternoon. Staying at the Sheraton.
Old Jun 3, 2001, 2:29 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by TravelWeary:
Lokahi: But darn it! I keep waiting to go to someplace where someone from Hawaii can bring me some lau lau. I moved to Washington from Hawaii and miss the taste. </font>

Travelweary,

Try Uwajimaya...either in Bellevue or the International District, you can get decent lau lau, lomi salmon, and kalua pig there. They even sell frozen Zippy's Chili

P.S. Can somebody add me to the maybe list? I feel the need for some good Carne Asada

------------------
Have a great day!!
~~Missy~~

[This message has been edited by missydarlin (edited 06-03-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.