Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about meeting in SAN?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2001, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Have plane tickets so I'm there!!!! Off to bid on priceline for hotel

which location and quality is the Sheraton Marina?????

TIA

[This message has been edited by jan_az (edited 06-11-2001).]
Old Jun 11, 2001, 9:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

I've just sent payment info for the Saturday dinner to all possibles and all confirmed. If you didn't get my email - either you are the one person who doesn't have an email address in your profile, or I've once again been caught by lousy record keeping. If the latter, I apologize. Please send me email letting me know.

We've got over 60 possibles, and are expecting a delightful group. And - please - there's still time to sign up! Come swell our ranks.
Old Jun 12, 2001, 10:46 pm

Got the Hilton by the airport for $67/nite on priceline. Have stayed there before its a nice hotel - lowest rate on Hilton site is $159/nite - I'll definately give up HHoners points for 90/nite
Old Jun 13, 2001, 8:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
For all of you who have been sending email to me asking if I would be attending SAN I regret to inform you that I will be in msp Jul 14-22 at the USA Cup. And for those of you whom I told that I was going to be returning from China - just had the months confused.
After all Captain Mike still owes me a drink from Long Beach and I would rather he owe it to me than cheat me out of it. Anyway Captain Mike can consider it paid if he buys a round for all
Enjoy all!!!!!!
Old Jun 14, 2001, 11:17 am
In Memoriam

The info on the website for my travel is not quite correct. I will arrive on Saturday, 7/21 but do not depart until Wednesday, 7/25. I will be at the Marriott Suites Symphony Hall on Saturday and then at Loew's Coronado for the next three nights.
Old Jun 14, 2001, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I was wondering if anyone has found a good deal for Friday night? If there are not any good prices for Friday night then where are most people staying?

It seems that many of us are staying at the Sheraton Marina on Saturday night. We should get together in the bar before diner and head over to Prado together.
Old Jun 14, 2001, 9:23 pm

I got that Hilton ( which I think is right next to the Sherton for $67 for Fri and Sat nite - 3 stars on Priceline

HTH
Old Jun 18, 2001, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
The final part of the SAN gathering is in place! The Friday night dinner will be at the Rock Bottom Brewery at 4th and G Streets in the Gaslamp Quarter. I visited the Windsock on Saturday, and despite the great location overlooking the runway at Lindbergh Field, the menu was really skimpy. A few sandwiches and salads, but really not a place nice enough for our dinner. It has had the reputation as a "drinks and munchies" place through the years, and that continues. Great location, clean, but very limited food selections and not super high quality entrees. So I propose this: We take the behind-the-scenes airport tour on Friday from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., then stop at the Windsock for a drink while watching planes landing and departing San Diego International, since the Windsock is only about one driving mile from the airport. Then move to the Rock Bottom for dinner! I have reserved the "Starlight Patio" for us at 7:00 p.m. at the Rock Bottom. The menu there is quite nice, with an excellent selection of high quality sandwiches, salads, and pizzas in the $7-$10 range. I think this plan will be casual, yet nice enough for our group. I will be e-mailing Markbach shortly, asking him to set up "sign-up" sections on the website so I can tell the restaurants how many of us to expect. I hope Mark will set up sign-up areas for the airport tour and the control tower tour, since I need numbers in advance for those, too. In the next few days, please check the website <http://sandiego.markbach.com> and sign up for your choices!

We're about 5 weeks from blast-off!
Old Jun 18, 2001, 9:00 pm

I was at the Rock Bottom Brewery in January with a fairly large group of business associates.. the food there was very good, brews were interesting, and the Comedy Club next door (accessible thru the back doorway of the Rock Bottom) had a lively and enthusiastic crowd partying in there. May make for a nice late night stop for all of you lucky SAN-goers that evening.
Old Jun 19, 2001, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Well, I finally booked my Friday night hotel and my plane tix over the weekend. I don't arrive until 9:30 on Friday night.

So I was wondering what are the plans for Friday evening. I hope the plan to Mexico has changed. I would love to meet everyone after diner. I'll just be patient and wait for the posting to the web site.
Old Jun 22, 2001, 1:58 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Mike:
I hope Mark will set up sign-up areas for the airport tour and the control tower tour, since I need numbers in advance for those, too.</font>
Please RSVP at http://sandiego.markbach.com/rsvp.php . Thanks! (We're less than a month out!)
Old Jun 22, 2001, 4:14 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Just think, in a month it'll be over...
Old Jun 24, 2001, 6:57 pm

Mark -

Just spent most of the day (Sunday) reading travel reports (I pulled an allnight
Friday night and my sleep schedules are a bit messed up). I then came across this Community and found your schedule get together!

Anyway - I'm seriously thinking about attending you San Diego get together!

I'm currently search IND - SAN or IND - LAX fares.

I've also got a free US bumped ticket that I got for IND-PHX for June but then had to cancel so I might change it to IND - SAN!

Old Jun 25, 2001, 11:17 pm

Programs: Lapsed elite statuses galore
An etiquette inquiry for the gala organizers or anyone else in the know...

Is there a dress code for men at Prado?

In other words, do I have to constrain myself with a jacket and/or strangle myself with a tie?

Please understand that my usual wardrobe is a t-shirt and shorts, and "dressing up" means putting on long pants and actually wearing shoes...
Old Jun 26, 2001, 12:13 am
Community Director Emerita

Lokahi, you will be relieved to know that our group will have a separate room at the Prado. No dress code will be imposed. Can I request "smart casual"? Regardless, the sole determinant of entry is prepayment of $50!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.