First Annual Non-Denominational Kosher Hannuka Do! NYC 11th December

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Annual Non-Denominational Kosher Hannuka Do! NYC 11th December

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: BA GfL
I have been lurking on this thread for months and now I am happy to ask: is there still time to get in on this Do? I have finally managed to finagle a business reason to be in NY on the 11th.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by travelmad478
I have been lurking on this thread for months and now I am happy to ask: is there still time to get in on this Do? I have finally managed to finagle a business reason to be in NY on the 11th.
Yup. Can I put you on the "Definite" list?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by Dovster
Yup. Can I put you on the "Definite" list?
Yes! Looking forward to meeting everybody!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Done -- and we are looking forward to meeting you as well!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Regretfully I will have to bow out as I just learned I need to be out of town on the 11th.

Wishing everyone a very happy festival of lights & enjoy some latkes for me.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Be one of the first 30 members to show up for the Do and you will be able to say, "Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt."

Yes! Thirty of these t-shirts, all white and all size XL, will be given out -- and, as will make the heart of any true FTer flutter, they will be absolutely free!

Rules: No t-shirt will be given to anyone except scoow, Canarsie, DLRoads and myself before 1 pm. Then they will be handed out on a first-come, first-serve, basis until they are all gone.

Why does scoow get one before-hand? Because I needed to have a U.S. address to ship them to, and although she won't know it until she reads this post, I chose hers. She will have to bring them to New York.

Why does Canarsie get one before-hand? Because he will be on the same flight as scoow and if she doesn't hand him one immediately, there is liable to one of those air rage incidents which causes the captain to abort the take off.

Why does DLRoads get one reserved for him? Because he was the person who gave me my Kryptonium Medallion card.

Why do I get one before-hand? Because I paid for the blasted things!!! But don't worry, mine will not be one of the 30. Like any other FTer, I am a DYKWIA and thus ordered an extra one for myself in black, just to be different.

(Please note that the bottom of the t-shirt has a notation that the wearer is a "Delta Lifetime Kryptonium Medallion Member". For those of you who do not follow the Delta Forum, see this thread for an explanation.)

Last edited by Dovster; Nov 23, 2012 at 11:34 am
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Be one of the first 30 members to show up for the Do and you will be able to say, "Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt."

Yes! Thirty of these t-shirts, all white and all size XL, will be given out -- and, as will make the heart of any true FTer flutter, they will be absolutely free!

Rules: No t-shirt will be given to anyone except scoow, Canarsie, DLRoads and myself before 1 pm. Then they will be handed out on a first-come, first-serve, basis until they are all gone.

Why does scoow get one before-hand? Because I needed to have a U.S. address to ship them to, and although she won't know it until she reads this post, I chose hers. She will have to bring them to New York.

Why does Canarsie get one before-hand? Because he will be on the same flight as scoow and if she doesn't hand him one immediately, there is liable to one of those air rage incidents which causes the captain to abort the take off.

Why does DLRoads get one reserved for him? Because he was the person who gave me my Kryptonian Medallion card.

Why do I get one before-hand? Because I paid for the blasted things!!! But don't worry, mine will not be one of the 30. Like any other FTer, I am a DYKWIA and thus ordered an extra one for myself in black, just to be different.

(Please note that the bottom of the t-shirt has a notation that the wearer is a "Delta Lifetime Kryptonian Medallion Member". For those of you who do not follow the Delta Forum, see this thread for an explanation.)
I am pleased to accept a nice gesture!
PS- I believe you wanted to have a lifetime kryptonium medallion t-shirt
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLroads
PS- I believe you wanted to have a lifetime kryptonium medallion t-shirt
Wow! It is a good thing that you caught the typo in time. I was able to call and get the change made. ^^^
Old Nov 23, 2012, 1:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
I am confirmed- but will now need a +1

Thanks

Love the t-shirts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alhcfp
I am confirmed- but will now need a +1
Sorry, t-shirts I can supply -- +1s, I cannot.

However, given the spirit of the Do, I can recommend who you can contact for that.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

BTW, is there anyone willing to supply name tags? They can be very simple ones, with each person putting his own name on them as he arrives.

The simple fact is that most of us don't know the majority of people who will be attending and this will make things easier for everyone.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
BTW, is there anyone willing to supply name tags? They can be very simple ones, with each person putting his own name on them as he arrives.

The simple fact is that most of us don't know the majority of people who will be attending and this will make things easier for everyone.
I think I have enough of them left from the SEA event.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLroads
I think I have enough of them left from the SEA event.
Great -- I am figuring on anywhere from 25 to 35 people attending.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL, AA
I was thinking maybe I could just hand him all 30? Then he can lug them to Ben's.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scoow
I was thinking maybe I could just hand him all 30? Then he can lug them to Ben's.
Then we can change his user name from "Canarsie" to "The Big Lug".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.