Reload this Page >

First Annual Non-Denominational Kosher Hannuka Do! NYC 11th December

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Annual Non-Denominational Kosher Hannuka Do! NYC 11th December

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
At this point, Dov, move me back to "possible." I have a MRI unit being installed Monday evening and from past practice it may not go well. I am keeping my reservation open in the event all goes well.

If not, my best to everyone and Happy Birthday!

jp
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I have marked you as "possible" but remain hopeful that you will be able to make it.

Right now we have 26 definites and 6 possibles.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Dovster
Part 1 of my trip, Yiron-UIG, was accomplished yesterday. I did not receive an upgrade but I did get to drive. I am now in the middle of a 3 day layover before continuing on UIG-TLV and then TLV-JFK.
Why would you go from Yiron to TLV by way of Scotland? Did you visit Jenbel?

Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:41 pm
Suspended

I have marked you as "possible" but remain hopeful that you will be able to make it.

Right now we have 26 definites and 6 possibles.
Gonna try and make it now that I dont need to hit LA till next week, hopefully they will let me sit with you even thou I wont be eating
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Ha, my Father, and namesake (he's a Third, I'm a Fourth) is heading to New York on Wednesday. Shame, I'd have loved to have brought him to this, it would have been his first FT Do too. Oh well, I'll have to just have enough fun for the both of us
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
Gonna try and make it now that I dont need to hit LA till next week, hopefully they will let me sit with you even thou I wont be eating
I'm sure they will.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:14 am
Wid
In memoriam

Smile Hope to be there if I can get on standby from ATL!

Dov -

I am planning on catching a flight tomorrow morning so I can join your festivities...can you please add me to your event guest list?

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
It is something you use when you get lost in a cup of yogurt.
Originally Posted by jackal
What's a culture map? I'm rather curious now...
Let's see if this picture works
http://twitpic.com/bktprs

It's map that lists many cultural sites around the city along with travel time. Best thing I like about it is its small size.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wid
Dov -

I am planning on catching a flight tomorrow morning so I can join your festivities...can you please add me to your event guest list?

Thanks!
Done -- and welcome aboard!

Craz, I spoke with the manager and he has no objection to you being there and not eating.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by travellingcari
Let's see if this picture works
http://twitpic.com/bktprs

It's map that lists many cultural sites around the city along with travel time. Best thing I like about it is its small size.
Looks more like a bunch of text than a map.

j/k--I've seen what you're talking about (the map is on the other side), and they are indeed handy. I don't have one, though, so if you have extras, I'd love one!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:26 pm

I WILL attend.

Sorry for all the back & forth.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
What's this? Both my flights tomorrow (RDU-IAD-JFK) are zeroed out? Could be interesting! Especially as I'm currently arriving at 9:39 AM and the event isn't til 1
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
I WILL attend.

Sorry for all the back & forth.
No problem. I told the manager today that I expect anywhere from 25 to 31 people but that things could change at the last minute. I figure that those who are flying in will come under any circumstances, but if it is raining half of the New Yorkers may decide to pass it up at the last minute.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
What's this? Both my flights tomorrow (RDU-IAD-JFK) are zeroed out? Could be interesting! Especially as I'm currently arriving at 9:39 AM and the event isn't til 1
Keep in mind you will be facing NYC traffic. My flight arrived early, I got through Passport Control in a few minutes and my bags were among the first off the plane.

I got into my Carmel car at 6 am and it still took 90 minutes to get to my hotel.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:39 pm

Keep in mind you will be facing NYC traffic. My flight arrived early, I got through Passport Control in a few minutes and my bags were among the first off the plane.

I got into my Carmel car at 6 am and it still took 90 minutes to get to my hotel.
Traffic, hell. CMK10 takes the subway when he's in New York

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.