Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:58 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know how far the DoubleTree Elk Grove Village is from the host hotel? I may have to stay there for a work event and may just extend my stay in advance.
I plan to stay there on Saturday night, October 13, 2012.

This hotel property is approximately three miles from the host hotel.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale-Elk Grove has a free complimentary shuttle service available to take you to nearby attractions and local businesses, and I intend to take advantage of this service to get to the host hotel.

Unless I can catch a ride with someone, I will be coming in from Chicago by train and arriving at this hotel property late on Saturday night.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver, HH Diamond.
Thanks for the reminder that the Doubletree is fairly nearby. I stay there from time to time for work, and just snagged a $75 AAA rate for Oct 12-14. This will be my first FT event, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
The Carlton is also open at $84.00 in Mt Prospect and a free shuttle to the airport.

One of the nearest motels on the map.

847-437-0909
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Rooms for SAT Night

If you're looking for a room for SAT night, here are some suburban options:

$54 Jameson Suites - 2111 S Arlington Hts Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005
$69 Sheraton Suites - 121 NW Point Blvd, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
$77 Doubletree - 75 W Algonquin Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005
$79 Westin NW - 400 Park Blvd, Itasca IL 60143

Or you could opt for ORD options:

$65 Hyatt ORD
$84 Residence Inn ORD
$88 Hilton ORD

PM me for more details.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
The Crowne Plaza in Northbrook (10 min. away) is currently an IHG "Pointsbreak" hotel - only 5,000 points ($35) for a $100 room.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:27 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rubesl
The Crowne Plaza in Northbrook (10 min. away) is currently an IHG "Pointsbreak" hotel - only 5,000 points ($35) for a $100 room.
much more than 10 mins away (it is at least 15+ miles from host hotel) but a good point break deal none the less.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
much more than 10 mins away (it is at least 15+ miles from host hotel) but a good point break deal none the less.
At least 30 mins away -- without accounting for any intervening construction which is everywhere these days as pervasive summer road work still isn't done.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
If you have a two-bedded room and one will be empty, I'm looking for someone to room with Saturday night- I pay 55% of room rate, you keep the points and stay credit.

I can pay with dollar coins or WM MOs, your choice.

I am: male (last time I checked).

PM if interested.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YRKInsider
At least 30 mins away -- without accounting for any intervening construction which is everywhere these days as pervasive summer road work still isn't done.
Gone anyway. That was fast.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
LIST

Can we please have the list of participants (in real names or FT user names ) as I'd
like to see if anybody I know or people from my city/country are participating.
Thanks in advance
Michael
Old Aug 30, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold
5% discount on AA for ORD

I setup a 5% discount code on AA for travel to ORD from the 10th to the 20th of October. The code is 36H2DM.

The code should be working after 3:00 PM Pacific time.

Last edited by Brahmin; Aug 30, 2012 at 2:09 pm Reason: To add info
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
I'm looking for Saturday evening dinner suggestions for me and my teenage daugther. Wish list: (1) Accessible by short cab ride, airport shuttle, or within walking distance of overflow hotel and (2) "local" cuisine.

If others would like to join us for dinner, let me know.

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Brahmin
I setup a 5% discount code on AA for travel to ORD from the 10th to the 20th of October. The code is 36H2DM.

The code should be working after 3:00 PM Pacific time.
Working on a comparable option with UA. Should know something by Tuesday.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by poptarts
I'm looking for Saturday evening dinner suggestions for me and my teenage daugther. Wish list: (1) Accessible by short cab ride, airport shuttle, or within walking distance of overflow hotel and (2) "local" cuisine.

Thanks!
Haray Caray's Italian Steakhouse has a good selection but is somewhat pricey. Another local favorite is Shoeless Joes Ale House & Grille which is less than 5 minutes walk -- diagonally across the Sheraton which is adjacent to your hotel.

Ask for Kailee as your waitress and tell her your one of those crazy FlyerTalk people like the big group she handled so well back on August 25th.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by poptarts

Thanks!
There are two famous Chicago pizza places nearby: Giordano's and Gino's East. Both are just down the road on Higgins, about 1 - 1.5 miles. Might not qualify as "easy walking distance" in the middle of October, but doable, and the hotel shuttle might be able to take you there.

EDIT: HC and SJ mentioned above are always safe choices, though aside from memorabilia, HC is a good, but generic Italian steakhouse, while SJ is a good, but generic sports bar. And yes, I do like both places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.