Wiki Posts
Search

SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by pilotscott
I am doing the same this this weekend and hopefully the weather continues to be a non factor at SFO and ORD!
You know the rain eventually had to come to SFO. It's expected Thursday, Friday (with gusty winds), and probably into the weekend. A good site for the local forecast: http://www.ktvu.com/s/weather/
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by george 3
Are you comparing weekend U/Gs versus weekday U/Gs? That would be an interesting stat to know.
When this amazing month of flying is over, I plan to work the spreadsheet to generate every kind of stat I can think of. Those include upgrades by each day of the week, by time of day (most likely in one-hour chunks or something similar), by route, by flight #, how many people used alternative means of upgrade (SWUs and miles+copay), and anything else I can think of.

I also plan to generate some numbers related to popularity of routes/flights, frequency of irops, how many people made a run from 0 to EXP and how many were successful, how many just went up one or two status levels, how many asked for and got ORC, all kinds of things.

We all talk about all these things in an anecdotal fashion on a constant basis. I'm hoping to be able to provide some firm factual data that can be used in these discussions in future.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by 2millionquest
When this amazing month of flying is over, I plan to work the spreadsheet to generate every kind of stat I can think of. Those include upgrades by each day of the week, by time of day (most likely in one-hour chunks or something similar), by route, by flight #, how many people used alternative means of upgrade (SWUs and miles+copay), and anything else I can think of.

I also plan to generate some numbers related to popularity of routes/flights, frequency of irops, how many people made a run from 0 to EXP and how many were successful, how many just went up one or two status levels, how many asked for and got ORC, all kinds of things.

We all talk about all these things in an anecdotal fashion on a constant basis. I'm hoping to be able to provide some firm factual data that can be used in these discussions in future.
Sadly, there must be two or three EXPs who are not FlyerTalkers and their stats won't be available.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Flew in to ORD from LAX on 2004...arrived early. In AC waiting for 1455 ORD-LAX which has been delayed for 1h35m...now a 4:35 departure with arrival at LAX at 7:00p...not really complaining...UG on 2004 and 1455 and sitting in the AC reading posts on FT and MP about our adventures!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Sadly, there must be two or three EXPs who are not FlyerTalkers and their stats won't be available.
While that is, of course, true, you may be surprised to learn that there are three people currently on our list who do not belong to FT at all (I recruited them from a similar thread currently running on Milepoint) and another half dozen or so who are FTers and have PM'd me their info but who have never actually posted on FT. There are also people on our list who are friends/coworkers/significant others of FTers but who do not themselves belong to FT. I've also been zealously contacting anyone I see posting on FT or MP who mentions that they're flying between the TEQM cities and asking if they'll let me have their data. Of those people, one turned me down flat and three have said they'll share after the month is over (all for privacy reasons). The rest have shared their data.

And I can guarantee you that if I meet anyone on my flights who is not an FTer or Milepointer, but who is willing to share flight info, I'll be adding that to the list as well.

I'm doing everything I can to make this list as comprehensive as I possibly can. While I know our list will never even approach 100% of all flyers (particularly those without status), I believe it's a higher percentage of flyers than some of you want to credit.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Just to add more info, stat to the pile.

Originally Posted by 2millionquest

I'm not sure if others have mentioned, but the tickets that I've bought are for 2 people, both of them are EXP. I think that we are the only EXP couple that are travelling together, under the same PNR #.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:30 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ben1979
Just walked into SFO AC for my AA 540 to DFW. The front counter lady was asking everyone if they registered for the promo, and handed out a little slip of paper with DEQAA and DEQ11 on it, along with 1 800 8828 880 and www.aa.com/offers printed on it.

Yeah, they are not pushing the promos hard at all to lock in a bunch of elites for the year
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
My GF thinks that all of us FTers are crazy for flying for no other reason than miles on a bankrupt carrier.
But, as long as I can use my status (which I will have for 5 years once this is all done), and get 10+ EVIP's, then it's worth it.
As long as I meet deadlines for work assignments, by moss couldn't care where I am.

Questions:
- How will you have status for 5 years? Are you counting soft landings in there? Your profile says you are a LT Plat.

- How are your going to get 10+ SWUs out of this?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by arollins
I'm not sure if others have mentioned, but the tickets that I've bought are for 2 people, both of them are EXP. I think that we are the only EXP couple that are travelling together, under the same PNR #.
Not quite. I think you are the only EXP couple, but there are at least two other couples traveling together where one is EXP and the other is traveling as an EXP companion.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:08 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Who was the FT member on flight 1341 from Chicago to San Fran in 5B on Sunday?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AAce
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well according to the first post it was probably **richtravels
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by nitrobass24

Not today. I was talking about Sunday 1/15
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by nitrobass24
Actually, richtravels was on 1341 today, the 16th. Sunday was the 15th, and there were 5 of our participants on that flight, at least two of whom sat in FC. As to who actually sat in the seat mentioned upthread, the spreadsheet doesn't contain that info.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC

Not today. I was talking about Sunday 1/15
Deeerrr, i get my days mixed up since i dont work on Mondays
Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HNL
Questions:
- How will you have status for 5 years? Are you counting soft landings in there? Your profile says you are a LT Plat.

- How are your going to get 10+ SWUs out of this?
I first qualified for EXP in 2009.
I had EXP in 2009, 2010, 2011, and have it now, in 2012.
As I will have well more than 100k EQM by the end of the month, I will have EXP for 2013 and 8 EVIP.
I also plan on doing an additional 50K EQM's for 4 more EVIP.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just Changed

Cancelled travel on 1575 (DFW-SFO) and 2042 (SFO-DFW) on 1/15 and 1/16 due to delays resulting from medical emergency on board AA flight #69 MAD-MIA 1/15.

869 now departing DFW on 1575 (1/18) and returning on 2042 (1/19).

SWU upgrade on 1575 from previous int'l flight transferred to new date. Submitted UR on 2042 on 1/15 and cleared to X inventory within minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.