Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1.83 MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
"Debbie Does DFW"
Originally Posted by HMPS
Now that is a book I missed. !
Originally Posted by tabasco-al
Don't worry ... Debbie never makes it to Dallas.
Originally Posted by SS255
MX? Did she at least get original routing credit???
Originally Posted by SFO777
Nope, she got shafted.
ROFLMAO!

.al.

Last edited by tabasco-al; Jan 17, 2012 at 4:51 pm Reason: compled thread.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Just got an update from 2millionquest. 154 folks now, plus at least 6 who are keeping their info private until after Jan. 31.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Science Goy
All in the AC?! Must be crowded
I feel bad for anyone trying to get a beer after that crowd goes through .
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I feel bad for anyone trying to get a beer after that crowd goes through .
I Messaged a FTer in the SFO AC.
There wasn't a lot of Grey Goose left....
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP .72MM
on ord to sfo took vdb and lost upgrade

Was supposed to land in so at 650 now 955 on next flight...got 300 voucher but most likely in coach....ouch....anyone in sfo tonight I will be there until almost midnight t back to ord
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carwag25
738 version 2 planes (exit rows 14 & 15) have AC power
Unless it doesn't work. I was on a 738 version 2 recently (whichever one flight of my recent LAX-DFW-LAX MRs I didn't get upgraded on) where, after numerous cases in recent months with AC outlets not working, I decided to watch for the outlets as I walking in. FC outlets glowed green, Y bulkhead outlets glowed green, but exit rows outlets were dead!

FAs said they only have one power button for the outlets over the whole plane, and have not been trained on what to do if some outlets work and others don't.

I have no idea how common this is. (If common, you might need to choose bewteen exit row seats for legroom vs bulkhead seats for power!)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 17, 2012 at 5:55 pm
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by favalarry69
Was supposed to land in so at 650 now 955 on next flight...got 300 voucher but most likely in coach....ouch....anyone in sfo tonight I will be there until almost midnight t back to ord
My AMEX insurance let me fly ORD-YUL-YVR-SFO in paid J on AC/QK because 1522 had been delayed and I had missed 2340 on a stacked MR.
It also let me buy some duty free and bring it back to my home base.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Unless it doesn't work. I was on a 738 version 2 recently (whichever one flight of my recent LAX-DFW-LAX MRs I didn't get upgraded on) where, after numerous cases in recent months with AC outlets not working, I decided to watch for the outlets as I walking in. FC outlets glowed green, Y bulkhead outlets glowed green, but exit rows outlets were dead!

FAs said they only have one power button for the outlets over the whole plane, and have not been trained on what to do if some outlets work and others don't.

I have no idea how common this is. (If common, you might need to choose bewteen exit row seats for legroom vs bulkhead seats for power!)
Every time I get an outlet it goes dead on me. Like I am tripping a breaker.

My batteries hold out but I do need to start paying attention to this.

Or I might have to stop pluging in my laptop, foot massager, humidifier, bar fridge and flatscreen TV.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by Milesbuilder
Every time I get an outlet it goes dead on me. Like I am tripping a breaker.

My batteries hold out but I do need to start paying attention to this.

Or I might have to stop pluging in my laptop, foot massager, humidifier, bar fridge and flatscreen TV.
Here's something strange that happened to me regarding power outlets that may help others out (on a 737; SFO-ORD). I was in an exit row and the power outlet was on/green. As soon as I plugged in my laptop power, the green light started to flash intermittently and power stopped going to my laptop(it powered for may 2-3 seconds). I ended up disconnecting the plug, rotating it 180degrees and replugging it in and it worked.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Originally Posted by allensun
Here's something strange that happened to me regarding power outlets that may help others out (on a 737; SFO-ORD). I was in an exit row and the power outlet was on/green. As soon as I plugged in my laptop power, the green light started to flash intermittently and power stopped going to my laptop(it powered for may 2-3 seconds). I ended up disconnecting the plug, rotating it 180degrees and replugging it in and it worked.
I will try, thanks, you described my situation exactly
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:03 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by mrbrioni
Switched my return and did a quick turn around, now aboard 554 to Chicago.

Looks like I'm not the only one who's switching a MR to stay in SF for the NFC championships
I had to rebook last Sundays MR, for the quick drive up to GReen bay.

I doubt I'm the youngest FT'er taking advantage of this promo but at 24, I can't be too far off.
I'm five years your senior, but am not gonna switch until I have possession of a ticket. Will find that out tmrw afternoon.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by allensun
Did it stay on after you rotated the plug?

You may be overloading the outlet. If it continues, try removing the battery (leaving it out) and reconnect and you should be able to run the laptop. You just can't run it and charge it at the same time. This used to happen with my old HP, I could charge it powered off no problem, as soon as I turned it on the power outlet would fail/trip.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:31 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Last edited by AAce; Jan 17, 2012 at 8:36 pm
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RedSox
You just can't run it and charge it at the same time. This used to happen with my old HP, I could charge it powered off no problem, as soon as I turned it on the power outlet would fail/trip.
My experience as well. My MacBook Pro draws too much power for the outlet. I can charge it in sleep mode or off but not while "on".
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:06 pm

Just checked my AAcount. Double EQM posted for all of my segments thus far, but not triple miles. Is this consistent with what others are seeing?

Also, at the very least I'm gold for the next 5 R/Ts so at least I'll be earning stickers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.