Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2011 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2011 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Unlike some of you early birds, I'm planning to actually wait until December 25th to open anything that looks like a holiday gift -- so if my Secret Santa has sent me something time-sensitive/perishable/alive, please find a way to let me know!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by trainman74
Unlike some of you early birds, I'm planning to actually wait until December 25th to open anything that looks like a holiday gift -- so if my Secret Santa has sent me something time-sensitive/perishable/alive, please find a way to let me know!
I vote for just diving in and opening any presents/packages. But, I only say that because that's what I'd do.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Gold
Last year one of the greatest gift I received was a live orchid. It was sent direct from Hawaii and the weather here in Northeast Nevada is cold. It was a very good thing my wife opened it and said to me" someone sent you an orchid, what's that all about" I added it to my collection it is still growing here today. I am just waiting for it to bloom again since it is GORGEOUS! I also received a gift set that was all spicy things. It was awesome, some was TOO hot, lol , but all good!
I guess what I am saying is you should open all gifts, you never know what it is!

Woody
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: UA
Gifts purchased! I can't wait to wrap them up and post them.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:57 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by trainman74
If anyone wants kittens....
Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:59 pm

I have a special message for "missydarlin" from her Santa, PLEASE GO CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!! your ss has some questions for you!

Woody
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Package number 1 has been sent to both my FT Santa recipients. What fun!
Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
Been holding the gifts. Gonna send them next week. Hopefully the receiver will get them after thanksgiving. 1st christmas presents
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Need help with my giftee please!

I have a dilemma. My giftee did not offer any hints, is not in any of my loyalty programs and has not responded to 2 emails from Santa's Helpers asking for interests, hobbies, etc. Wharvey even tried to contact him and no go.

In looking at his postings going back several years, he has only posted to threads asking for air/hotel coupon or certificate swaps. Nothing in his profile offers any hints either.

I was really getting excited about shopping for my Secret Santa gift, but I've hit a wall here and don't have a clue what to do. It appears he is only interested in getting air & hotel paper, which I can't help him with.

Is it OK to ask for another giftee, or should I just buy something totally generic like a food gift? Kinda takes the fun out of it.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Hey wharvey - sent you a PM a few days ago, no response and I'm not on the list. Re-sending right now. let me know when it shows?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Marylou
I have a dilemma. My giftee did not offer any hints, is not in any of my loyalty programs and has not responded to 2 emails from Santa's Helpers asking for interests, hobbies, etc. Wharvey even tried to contact him and no go.

In looking at his postings going back several years, he has only posted to threads asking for air/hotel coupon or certificate swaps. Nothing in his profile offers any hints either.

I was really getting excited about shopping for my Secret Santa gift, but I've hit a wall here and don't have a clue what to do. It appears he is only interested in getting air & hotel paper, which I can't help him with.

Is it OK to ask for another giftee, or should I just buy something totally generic like a food gift? Kinda takes the fun out of it.
Perhaps do a little non-FT snooping like google? Check amazon.com to see about a wish list? Another option is to send general travel-related items.

Just IMHO but I think people who are only participating to try to get air and hotel paper and who give no other hints are setting themselves up for a disappointing exchange.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Originally Posted by kipper
Perhaps do a little non-FT snooping like google? Check amazon.com to see about a wish list? Another option is to send general travel-related items.

Just IMHO but I think people who are only participating to try to get air and hotel paper and who give no other hints are setting themselves up for a disappointing exchange.
Agree with you on that!

Meantime, I will try the Amazon wish list. Didn't think about that. Already did google and found that he works in a field that might as well be alien linguistics for all I know about it. ;-).
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dartagnan
Hey wharvey - sent you a PM a few days ago, no response and I'm not on the list. Re-sending right now. let me know when it shows?
dartagnan, Wharvey is on his anniversary trip to Hawaii and won't be back until 4 Dec. I'm sure he'll get back to you soon after that.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:55 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by woodyth
I have a special message for "missydarlin" from her Santa, PLEASE GO CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!! your ss has some questions for you!

Woody
I checked a couple times and I haven't received an email.... can you try again via PM?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:28 pm

I received a gift card for llbean today, I have never bought anything there so it was interesting shopping! Thanks SS. I bought some pants and a bore cleaner for my new shotgun!!!

Thanks again,
Woody

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.