Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2011 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2011 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:43 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I would... but unfortunately, most people are not following my directions.... many are just telling me they shipped a gift or received a gift... and since most have more than one assignment.... I have no way of knowing who got what from whom yet.....

Originally Posted by Jinxy
Is it possible you could put up an updated list of who has received gifts so far?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
2 boxes at my door!

Arrived home from Germany last night to find 2 boxes sitting at my front door! My first thought was... Yikes, how long were they sitting there? The good thing is that they WERE still there!

They are from the same Santa as box 1 and 2 with the same order number from Amazon.com! I couldn't wait and opened them up right away...

The first box contained an amazing art glass parrot wine bottle stopper! Very cool addition to my wine stopper collection. How did Santa know that I'm a Jimmy Buffet fan as well (I don't think that I mentioned that)?

The next contained an adorable "Sandicast" Golden Retriever ornament holding a string of Christmas lights in its mouth! I love it and it will be placed in a special spot on the tree!

Many thanks to one of my Secret Santas!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, Marriott, United
Secret Santa #2 Gift Arrived

I received my gift via FedEX from Secret Santa #2 and I am very happy! Thank you so much Secret Santa for the American Airlines gift cards!!!! Yea!!!! I will be using them very shortly for a flight so the timing is just perfect
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
I would... but unfortunately, most people are not following my directions.... many are just telling me they shipped a gift or received a gift... and since most have more than one assignment.... I have no way of knowing who got what from whom yet.....
Sent you a few PM's, including one with a summary of what I've received and sent, and what's still pending.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not one but two secret Santa gifts arrived today - one to my UK care/of elf and one flat purolator package (which, like the first, has been confiscated for December 25th!)

So 3 gifts now received - will detail contents when they are opened (uk one in january as discussed) Thank you santas!!!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
I think I mentioned that I received 2 fabulous gifts from my SS. (Thank you again!) Is there a way to find out if my giftee has received/liked/hated/regifted my gift? He doesn't respond to emails so I'm wondering if he notifed the Head Elf that he recieved it.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:32 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I have heard nothing from your Santa....

Originally Posted by Marylou
I think I mentioned that I received 2 fabulous gifts from my SS. (Thank you again!) Is there a way to find out if my giftee has received/liked/hated/regifted my gift? He doesn't respond to emails so I'm wondering if he notifed the Head Elf that he recieved it.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
This Secret Santa has been away, but when I got home i noticed a pile of deliveries awaiting my return.
I am in the middle of wrapping and my giftees' gifts will go out this week. Only then will I allow myself to open my surprises......my eyes keep drifting over that way though........
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Sent out my gift today ~~
Looks like it will arrive on Friday for my secret giftee^
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received another package from a Santa by regular mail yesterday - I believe the same santa who asked me for a UK address (again, my guard dogs intercepted and have hidden it until the 25th, but they told me the message - they are ever so clever with their reading and talking abilities!)

To my USPS santa - thank you for the card, the package hasn't arrived as yet, customs can be slow this time of year, I'll pop a message up on here as soon as it does. You mentioned santa said I could open it - my guard dogs are very tenacious, so if it is something I should open (perishable, something like an ornament that should go on the tree before Christmas) please let me know (via email or through some means on here), otherwise the guard dogs will snap viciously if I try to get anywhere near before the 25th!

Many thanks santas!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ohhh, one of my gifts should arrive today with the recipient! The reindeer may require a signature (really, those reindeer, so CYA!), so hopefully they will be in!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The guard dogs inform me a package from a CT Santa has arrived (they believe it to be the USPS parcel). I am now concerned the guard dogs know how the internet works. I suspect I may come home to find 'Posh Poodles on Spring Break' all over the search history!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by emma69
I received another package from a Santa by regular mail yesterday - I believe the same santa who asked me for a UK address (again, my guard dogs intercepted and have hidden it until the 25th, but they told me the message - they are ever so clever with their reading and talking abilities!)

To my USPS santa - thank you for the card, the package hasn't arrived as yet, customs can be slow this time of year, I'll pop a message up on here as soon as it does. You mentioned santa said I could open it - my guard dogs are very tenacious, so if it is something I should open (perishable, something like an ornament that should go on the tree before Christmas) please let me know (via email or through some means on here), otherwise the guard dogs will snap viciously if I try to get anywhere near before the 25th!

Many thanks santas!
I've learned that if you find the proper treats, guard dogs can be lulled into cute, cuddly things that will allow you to do just about anything. If treats don't work, perhaps a few sedatives would give you enough time to grab the packages and run before they wake up?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by emma69
The guard dogs inform me a package from a CT Santa has arrived (they believe it to be the USPS parcel). I am now concerned the guard dogs know how the internet works. I suspect I may come home to find 'Posh Poodles on Spring Break' all over the search history!
Oh, no! Perhaps you should activate the parental controls on the computer, so they aren't able to search for Posh Poodles.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
I've learned that if you find the proper treats, guard dogs can be lulled into cute, cuddly things that will allow you to do just about anything. If treats don't work, perhaps a few sedatives would give you enough time to grab the packages and run before they wake up?
Sadly I am all out of whisky! I'm actually looking forward to opening them at Christmas (the guard dogs are just ensuring that I don't become weak willed in the interim) as most of my gifts this year a) have been received (in the form of flights) or b) are waiting for me when I get to the UK in January - this way there is stuff under the tree too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.