Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2011 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2011 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I checked a couple times and I haven't received an email.... can you try again via PM?
I pm'd the person for the email they are using to see if there was a typo or something. When I hear more I will let you know.
Thanks
Woody
Old Nov 23, 2011, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Last remnants of the SS box purchased...out with the mail next week!

Happy shopping/packing/sending everyone!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving...and let the U.S. shopping season begin!

Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:53 am

I haven't heard back from Wharvey for this years SS?

I know Santa said he'd be busy till December 2 =D
Old Nov 25, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Since some of us have mailed things across oceans or borders, it would be a really nice treat if the recipients made a quick post that they'd received the item, whether they open it right away or save it for Christmas. Then the sender would stop worrying the parcel was lost in the mail. Just my wish.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by slocouple
Since some of us have mailed things across oceans or borders, it would be a really nice treat if the recipients made a quick post that they'd received the item, whether they open it right away or save it for Christmas. Then the sender would stop worrying the parcel was lost in the mail. Just my wish.
I think most will post when they receive something.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
presents arrived

I received a box full of goodies from my San Luis Obispo secret santa.....I will try me best not to open until Christmas but my willpower will weaken the closer we get. Thank you!
Old Nov 26, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
I have another (possible) Secret Santa dilemma!

I just received a delivery from Ebags that contained a fabulous packing cube set. I love it and it's just perfect, but I don't know if it was from my Secret Santa or someone else, like one of my kids who does this all the time. My whole family knows I'm a freak for organizers and travel gear.

It was not gift wrapped, just in a tyvek envelope, there was no gift card, and neither the packing slip nor the label indicated who the sender was.

So if my Secret Santa did send me this, I guess this is my only venue to thank you. So...THANK YOU!! Your gift will definately be put to good use. Sorry I opened it before Christmas but it wasn't wrapped.

If not, I guess I'll hear from whoever sent it when they don't get a thank you from me.

Of course the other possibility is that I ordered it and forgot...
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:46 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Originally Posted by Marylou
I just received a delivery from Ebags that contained a fabulous packing cube set. I love it and it's just perfect, but I don't know if it was from my Secret Santa or someone else, like one of my kids who does this all the time. My whole family knows I'm a freak for organizers and travel gear.

It was not gift wrapped, just in a tyvek envelope, there was no gift card, and neither the packing slip nor the label indicated who the sender was.

So if my Secret Santa did send me this, I guess this is my only venue to thank you. So...THANK YOU!! Your gift will definately be put to good use. Sorry I opened it before Christmas but it wasn't wrapped.

If not, I guess I'll hear from whoever sent it when they don't get a thank you from me.

Of course the other possibility is that I ordered it and forgot...
I'm helping your secret santa make sure that you get the right gifts and the message is "you are welcome, glad you liked the cubes and answer the remainder of the questions from your secretsanta2011"
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: Too many
This is so exciting!!

I am posting mine on Tuesday..gifts have all arrived now...and hope that my recipient enjoys what I purchased them.

And to all the Americans here..I hope your Thanksgiving was a wonderful day!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Originally Posted by weather
I'm helping your secret santa make sure that you get the right gifts and the message is "you are welcome, glad you liked the cubes and answer the remainder of the questions from your secretsanta2011"
Uh-oh. I think I answered all the questions I had. Did I miss one? The wrist size question I sent about a week ago. Tell Santa to please accept my apologies if I missed one and to resend it if I did. Thank you Santa's Helper!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
I am wondering if the person I sent the items to have received the item. My mistake for having to send it without requiring signature..

Hope he did receive it and is pleased with it..
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: UA
Imagine my sadness upon seeing a parcel, tied with a cute green bow, marked clearly with, "Damaged in transit."

Fortunately, it was not anything breakable! And I can only imagine it's from an FF Secret Santa who posted it in Malibu.

Squooshed box contains a bunch of cute little cat toy patterns, and some fuzzy novelty yarns with which to make them.

I don't know any cat who would actually wear a hoodie, but the photos in that pattern indicate otherwise! I wonder how many bleeding arms it cost to take those photos? Hehehehe!

Thanks, Santa
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
I'm slowly accumulating gifts for my recipient, hopefully I'll send the package out next week or so
Old Nov 28, 2011, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I must've been a good girl this year!!! Came home from work today to find a very large box on the porch from UPS. I'd have tried to wait at least a few hours until Mr. Kipper returned home to open the package, but as it said "Fragile," I thought it best not to delay opening it. Ok, ok, so I couldn't wait.

I'm happy to report that all items were undamaged, and also that the dogs were apparently also very good this year!

Santa sent me pint glasses, and several different "yeast samples," aka different beers from several different breweries. Santa also sent me The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough.

Santa also sent 3 Kong squeaker tennis balls and a Kong squeaker toy, both of which the dogs have already started chasing around the house! After a hearty play session, both dogs are curled up on the bed, resting.

Thank you Santa!!!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Good Morning Everyone,

One question, as this is my first year participating...

Are those sending gifts revealing themselves? Due to my living in the UK a customs form will inevitably identify who I am when I send the SS box tomorrow.

Thanks!
robin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.