Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2011 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2011 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:05 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Originally Posted by rwoman
Good Morning Everyone,

One question, as this is my first year participating...

Are those sending gifts revealing themselves? Due to my living in the UK a customs form will inevitably identify who I am when I send the SS box tomorrow.

Thanks!
robin
Correct, customs forms will out you....so your giftee will know your real name but not your flyertalk handle.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 3:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by weather
Correct, customs forms will out you....so your giftee will know your real name but not your flyertalk handle.
Weather, great minds think alike, that what I was typing until I noticed there was another page!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by rwoman
Good Morning Everyone,

One question, as this is my first year participating...

Are those sending gifts revealing themselves? Due to my living in the UK a customs form will inevitably identify who I am when I send the SS box tomorrow.

Thanks!
robin
Some opt to reveal themselves as far as FT handle, while others never do reveal themselves, or only give their real names.

Some years, I opt to identify myself to my recipients, while other years, I never do.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: Too many
I sent my parcel today internationally also, however the post office accepted my address rather than my name on the customs form.

I did however put a card with the gifts but didn't put my nickname or my name!

I'll decide to do it probably closer to xmas and send them a PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by weather
Correct, customs forms will out you.... your giftee will know your real name
And a sort of approximation of the contents of the parcel.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Just stumbled upon this thread and seems like fun!
first time participating!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Just received our mail that had been on hold since the Thanksgiving holiday, and I really must have been a good girl! I received another 2 boxes, well, a box with 2 presents and a padded envelope, and a card. The card said that I'd receive a total of 3 boxes, so I'm guessing that everything I've received is all from the same Santa.

I should note that Mr. Kipper was home today, and at my request, opened the box, as it was from Amazon.com. He did not open the wrapped presents, but did open the gift envelope, so he knew what the presents were, but even wtih my pleas, refused to tell me. I did convince him to bring it with him when we met for lunch.

Santa--thank you for the wonderful presents!!! I LOVE THEM! Yes, Empress Cobaka and Geno enjoy theirs too.

The Amazon box contained silicone baking cups, which will be put to good use in the very near future. I sense that I'll be baking muffins or cupcakes late next week.

It also contained something that was just perfect for me and gave me a great laugh. Mr. Kipper also thought they were perfect, having read the description on the gift note. The item is an ice-cube tray. Why would this be perfect for me, you ask? Well, to start, Mr. Kipper STILL hasn't hooked up our icemaker in the freezer, and it's only been a year. But, that's really not why something from Fred & Friends, titled "Freeze" would be perfect for me. No, in this case, a photo is necessary.

The padded envelope contained "ABC cookie cutters." No, not alphabet-shaped cookie cutters, but, well...

Sick and twisted, which I love!!!!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:37 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa just got home.... will be getting out final assignments later today!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Friendly reminder.... I have asked that each person message me privately when they shipped and what they shipped... as well as shipping when you receive and what you received.

Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2011, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Just received my assignment. All I can say is that some of my past giftees were easier to buy gifts for than others. Clues galore, but no real go to items.

Since Santa wants his gifts delivered by 24 December, I have my work cut out for me.

Welcome home Santa wharvey.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, Marriott, United
Secret Santa Surprise!

I received a gift from a Secret Santa the other day----what a nice surprise! It was among several Christmas cards I received so I was totally surprised to find a gift certificate inside the envelope for the McCormick and Schmicks restaurant. This is just perfect! There's one located one block from my office and I love dining there so I am very happy.

Thank you Secret Santa
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Now, I am hungry..... feel free to send that certificate to Santa Jerseygirl....
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Gang,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I sent out the final set of assignments early yesterday morning.

If, for any reason, you did not receive an assignment and felt you should have, please let me know immediately.

Otherwise, everyone should be set and should be finalizing their shopping! Please ensure you allow enough shipping time for gifts to arrive before December 25th. I also recommend shipping confirmations.

Also, please remember to message me when you ship and receive... that is how I keep track of everything. Public posting is good.... but I ask for the private message as well.

Thanks, and have a wonderful holiday season.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Just received my assignment. All I can say is that some of my past giftees were easier to buy gifts for than others. Clues galore, but no real go to items.

Since Santa wants his gifts delivered by 24 December, I have my work cut out for me.

Welcome home Santa wharvey.
Also true for me and a couple of other Santa's....had to send out some 'detectives'to do some detailed sleuthing.....and have done some sleuthing for others. Am in full shop mode now
Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Originally Posted by miffSC
Also true for me and a couple of other Santa's....had to send out some 'detectives'to do some detailed sleuthing.....and have done some sleuthing for others. Am in full shop mode now
Well, I sleuthed, a fellow Secret Santa sleuthed and Whavey sleuthed but there was no info to be gotten other than home town, loyalty programs and job description. Even Facebook & Lindekin didn't help. I did read that he had a "large family", but not knowing if that meant immediate or extended, I just got techie type travel stuff. I hope he likes them, but at least I know he will have 3 very festively wrapped gifts to open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.