Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2011 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2011 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:30 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I will not be doing any additional assignments until December 4th after returning from our anniversary trip to Hawaii.

If anyone who is already participating wants additional assignees, please send me a PM to let me know.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: Too many
No prob....enjoy your trip!

Dec 4 is prob too late for me to send something to the US though
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wharvey
until December 4th after returning from our anniversary trip to Hawaii.
Just wanted to say... Happy Anniversary!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Redhead
Just wanted to say... Happy Anniversary!
elk hunting I will go.....Will be back in a couple days! Looking for a trophy this time!

Have fun take care GET SHOPPING, I KNOW my presents are already bought!
Woody!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by Jinxy
Dec 4 is prob too late for me to send something to the US though
You never know -- I've been pleasantly surprised with the overall speed of overseas mail (even "surface"), although admittedly, I haven't ever sent/received any huge packages.

I'd definitely understand if a Secret Santa gift coming from another country arrived a bit late, even without explanation -- although I believe you can PM wharvey with information to pass along to your recipient if you feel you need to.

Originally Posted by wharvey
I have had people get gifts in the past (myself included) where the gift was originally priced at $30 or so but the price tag showed it was clearance at $5 or $10. No kidding, that actually happened to me.
Who are these people? (An important rule of gift-giving I learned from my mother: if it's an item with an attached price tag, the first thing you should do is take a pen and black out the price. )
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
OOOOOHH - just found and bought the last gift for my recipient -- will mail tomorrow -- hope, hope he/she likes it!

Last edited by slocouple; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:35 am
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm in! ^
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I have one item for one of my recipients, and the rest of the items will be picked up around Black Friday, or shortly thereafter.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Thumbs up Milking This

I haven't bought yet, just because I enjoy so much shopping and finding just the right thing, I don't want it to end yet!

But, I am on it and besides my best efforts to prolong the joy, have found half of the gift already.

Thanks again, wharvey!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by slocouple
OOOOOHH - just found and bought the last gift for my recipient -- will mail tomorrow -- hope, hope he/she likes it!
Signed, sealed, mailed!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:27 pm

Assam Secret Santa 2011

hi,

i would like to participate in secret santa 2011, but i live in singapore ... since mailing a gift to the states would probably cost more than the gift itself, i'm wondering whether you have a secret santa 2011 for southeast asia.

thanks!
sandy
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

I had someone from Asia who signed up early and got their assignment.

You can sign up but say that you will only participate if I can assign you someone from Asia.

Originally Posted by Assam
hi,

i would like to participate in secret santa 2011, but i live in singapore ... since mailing a gift to the states would probably cost more than the gift itself, i'm wondering whether you have a secret santa 2011 for southeast asia.

thanks!
sandy
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Just so everyone knows... Santa will be away from here for the most part until December 2nd or 3rd.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:39 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Me first! Me first!

Boy am I ever glad I updated my Amazon Wish List early this year

One of my Secret Santas has already come through with a few of my favorite things!

In addition to a book I've been wanting (The Help), which arrived perfectly timed for my flight tomorrow ... I got some kitchen gadgets (I lurve kitchen gadgets) that I've been eyeing (a microplane grater, and a pastry brush) which will get plenty of use for my Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking duties.

THANK YOU SANTA!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Boy am I ever glad I updated my Amazon Wish List early this year

One of my Secret Santas has already come through with a few of my favorite things!

In addition to a book I've been wanting (The Help), which arrived perfectly timed for my flight tomorrow ... I got some kitchen gadgets (I lurve kitchen gadgets) that I've been eyeing (a microplane grater, and a pastry brush) which will get plenty of use for my Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking duties.

THANK YOU SANTA!
WOW! That was quick!
I am just waiting on a couple more things for mine to arrive and then I am thinking of a way to have fun by maybe posting them one by one..or maybe just empty boxes for a few weeks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.