Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Fall 2011 China DO Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 7:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Okay! I'm booked and upgraded (well, as soon as the Costco AA gift cards clear.)

Arrive 7:45 pm Nov 9, depart 6 pm Nov 14.

Am staying somewhere on points, probably the IHG Indigo, although a friend is encouraging me to use his favorite local 2* hotel just off Nanjing road for $49 US. (Metropolis Shanghai (not Metropole) if anybody is interested in "a clean, safe, adequate, inexpensive room" recommended by a total stranger.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lili
Okay! I'm booked and upgraded (well, as soon as the Costco AA gift cards clear.)

Arrive 7:45 pm Nov 9, depart 6 pm Nov 14.
Hooray!!
It will be great to see another familiar face. ^
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:06 pm

As the date approaches, I am starting to finalize my plan to attend the DO.

Earlier, there was some talk about extending the activities, either before or after the weekend, for more sightseeing or city-visit. Are any of those plans still active?

Also, is there a link to the FlyerTea thread?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 2:34 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ckpeter
As the date approaches, I am starting to finalize my plan to attend the DO.

Earlier, there was some talk about extending the activities, either before or after the weekend, for more sightseeing or city-visit. Are any of those plans still active?

Also, is there a link to the FlyerTea thread?
Great to see you are making the bookings! So far there is nothing organized before or afterwards unless you are on your own. The wife and I are doing a 2+ week tour before but not heard of anything being organized.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I expect to book within the next couple of days. I'm not seeing any upgrade availability on UA at the moment, but the loads look fairly light so I'll probably take my chances.

I'd be in for the Friday and Saturday events. Sunday brunch might be tough, as I'd like to spend some time at the Shanghai Museum before returning to the US Sunday evening.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
I expect to book within the next couple of days. I'm not seeing any upgrade availability on UA at the moment, but the loads look fairly light so I'll probably take my chances.
Yipee! Another familiar face. ^
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Count me in. I arrive Thursday afternoon and depart Monday afternoon. I'm staying at the Hilton.

I decided to stick around one more day, and may take a daytrip to Suzhou on Sunday, leaving Monday morning for my visit to the Shanghai Museum.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 6:00 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Count me in. I arrive Thursday afternoon and depart Monday afternoon. I'm staying at the Hilton.

I decided to stick around one more day, and may take a daytrip to Suzhou on Sunday, leaving Monday morning for my visit to the Shanghai Museum.
Welcome aboard
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I'm Confirmed!

I have just booked:

Nov.9

Looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll be at the Shanghai Hilton.
        Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
        I have just booked:

Nov.9

Looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll be at the Shanghai Hilton.
              Great! Another familiar face. ^
              Old Oct 2, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: UA Platinum
              Hey all -- I'd be interested in attending; need to confirm with work, but count me in as interested for now.

As I previously lived in Shanghai for 3 years, I might want to skip the initial Shanghai tour part though and just join up with the group starting at dinner.
              Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
              "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it" (thanks to the Pointer Sisters for that line).

I'm in after snagging a Biz award through United. Outbound NZ, inbound TG.

Arriving Nov 8th at 9:10 p.m. and staying at Le Meridien for the first three nights.

Staying at the Westin 11-13th and departing PVG at 9:45 a.m. on the 14th.

See you all there!
              Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:38 pm
              In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
              Originally Posted by chchkiwi
              "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it" (thanks to the Pointer Sisters for that line).

I'm in after snagging a Biz award through United. Outbound NZ, inbound TG.

Arriving Nov 8th at 9:10 p.m. and staying at Le Meridien for the first three nights.

See you all there!
              Yay!
              Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
              Originally Posted by lili
              Yay!
              Looking forward to seeing you again too.
              Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by chchkiwi

Great! And what a coincidence!! ^

I'm arrving in SHA on 9th at 12:45, staying at Le Royal Méridien for two nights and the Westin Bund Center 11th-13th. Leaving PVG at 13:50 on November 14th.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 5, 2011 at 11:52 pm Reason: correct arrival time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.