The Official Fall 2011 China DO Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Fall 2011 China DO Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:34 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Many thanks as well -- even though I was only able to join for the China Eastern tour, I enjoyed meeting a lot of you and like everyone else, hope for another China DO next year!
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ellyse
Originally Posted by lili
ellyse's detailed explanation of where to locate the express bus to Zhujiajiao would have saved NewbieRunner a scouting tour around People's Square, but we all thank Newbie for keeping us from getting lost on more than one occasion.
-sigh- Too bad I didn't see anything about the Zhujiajiao trip till too late, or else I would've posted that Zhujiajiao travel page before and not only now!
Not to worry! Had I known that the express bus stop for Zhujiajiao was on the other side of the Yan'an Expressway I would have missed my afternoon stroll along every perimeter road around all three parts? (I counted three anyway...) of People's Square!

Now if you'd told me how far the bus stop at Suzhou Railway Station was from the platform for the train back to Shanghai, it would have been a different matter.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by ellyse
A big belated Thank You to spaceman, TravellerOnline and Dale for everything! However may I humbly request cheaper choices of restaurants next time? I'm afraid I cannot afford to spend on such a level so often, and it's not possible to blatantly sit in without ordering anything... Also, will anyone be collating a contact list for those who might want to stay in contact for the future yet forgot to get the relevant information?

That's a good point. Perhaps you could consider being part of the organizer team next time? Then you could suggest places that are both good and cheap.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:30 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Originally Posted by ckpeter
That's a good point. Perhaps you could consider being part of the organizer team next time? Then you could suggest places that are both good and cheap.
Didn't want to commit due to my awful always-on-call work schedule, it wouldn't be nice if the organiser suddenly has to disappear on the day itself... right? Also have problems getting to FT where I am.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Posting to this thread because a number of people on this DO expressed interest in going back to China while their visas are still valid…

There are currently relatively inexpensive (~$760/ai) airfares to PEK available for March. Is anyone interested in a lightweight follow-up DO, say around March 7-12? PM me if so, and we can start a new thread.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bennos
Posting to this thread because a number of people on this DO expressed interest in going back to China while their visas are still valid…

There are currently relatively inexpensive (~$760/ai) airfares to PEK available for March. Is anyone interested in a lightweight follow-up DO, say around March 7-12? PM me if so, and we can start a new thread.
I'll send a PM. Would be very interested in going to PEK!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
PEK is a good place to visit.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Ditto. You have a PM.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Just a friendly bump

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...pek-march.html
Old Sep 23, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
any China DO this year?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by wpyeh
any China DO this year?
I am looking to be in Shanghai again early November. I don't have firm plans yet, so I didn't propose any DO myself. However, if anyone is around, perhaps we can organize a smaller, less formal DO.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wpyeh
any China DO this year?
If so, perhaps we should start a NEW thread.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by allset2travel
If so, perhaps we should start a NEW thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...up-thread.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.