Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
CitiGold is Citi's premium banking relationship. To remain a Citigold client, maintain a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts. There is no monthly service fee for accounts in The Citigold Account Package.

Be aware that Citi Wealth Management will not allow any trading of non traditional stocks and ETFs. No leveraged ETFs, no inverse ETFs. Its brokerage service is similar to Chase YouInvest. It is just basic investment service.

1. Click HERE to read a separate thread discussing expiration of ThankYou Points when closing a Citigold account.

2. Citi has introduced Citi Priority with a minimum combined balance of $50K as of November 6, 2016. Those who were no longer qualified under the new Citigold requirement has been downgraded to Citi Priority. Discussion HERE.
Print Wikipost

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by mightyducksman
Do you mind clarifying when you got your Premier TYP card? It sounds like you have to have the card prior to october or november 2011 to get the waiver - is this true for you?
My mom just automatically got her fee waived on her TY Premier card, applied 3/2012. She is Citigold
Old May 4, 2013, 6:11 pm

Can someone clarify what the current status is of ATM withdrawals domestically and overseas are with Citigold? (as opposed to Schwab)

My understanding is Schwab charges no fees of their own for any ATM usage anywhere, reimburses any other ATM network charges (US or foreign), and does Forex conversion at the cost to them. Is that correct?

How does that compare to Citigold?
Old May 4, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by kngspook
Can someone clarify what the current status is of ATM withdrawals domestically and overseas are with Citigold? (as opposed to Schwab)

My understanding is Schwab charges no fees of their own for any ATM usage anywhere, reimburses any other ATM network charges (US or foreign), and does Forex conversion at the cost to them. Is that correct?

Citigold waives Forex conversion, and makes ATM withdrawals from Citi (and in-network) ATMs free. Outside of network, they charge, unless you have [I believe] >$500K with them.
Old May 4, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by kngspook

I have a Schwab account and the ATM withdrawals are as you say. They do not charge a fee for an ATM withdrawal and they reimburse you any fees that were charged by the ATM. The best part is there's no limit to this. The fees are taken out of your account and then reimbursed at the end of the month I believe.

And their Forex conversion rate is spot on. I can't speak for Citigold though, I have no experience with that.
Old May 5, 2013, 12:25 am

Thanks roki, Wolverine.

Sounds like Schwab is the way to go, at least until I hit 7 digits in liquid assets... :P
Old May 5, 2013, 8:12 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by roki
Citigold waives Forex conversion, and makes ATM withdrawals from Citi (and in-network) ATMs free. Outside of network, they charge, unless you have [I believe] >$500K with them.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Citigold does NOT charge for out of network ATMs. I believe the $500k threshold is to receive limited reimbursements for charges other ATMs impose.

That being said, Schwab reimburses these charges for all clients.
Old May 5, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I have read the whole thread but there is still nothing definitive about the fee waivers right.? Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Sometimes it's for card that is older, othertimes it doesn't matter. Maybe two cards max. Maybe zero.

Basically ymmv. Do defitive advice right?
Old May 6, 2013, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011
what about for the prestige card? fee waived?
so far citi gold has been a joke!
For prestige card the AF is reduced to $350 for citi gold.
Old May 8, 2013, 6:57 am

Not definitive, but I've heard that you can get the Premier for free with Citigold.
Old May 10, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I don't know why all the sudden excitement though - aren't all the card fee waivers gone now (for new customers) ?

I have some cards grandfathered in on no fee- but not new ones.

Or is that another YMMV??
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
dw

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
I don't know why all the sudden excitement though - aren't all the card fee waivers gone now (for new customers)
It's that we were all told that card fee waivers were gone except for those customers who had grandfathered accounts... yet people with new card accounts are now seeing fee waivers (even though it's not a published benefit of Citigold).
Old May 10, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dw
It's that we were all told that card fee waivers were gone except for those customers who had grandfathered accounts... yet people with new card accounts are now seeing fee waivers (even though it's not a published benefit of Citigold).
Ahh got it- thanks.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:39 am

Conversely (or just a con), I am ex citigold (now just regualar citipleb) and Citi have charged me $7.92 for withdrawing euro 200 from a citi branch in Barcelona as they claim it was a non citi withdrawal? Correspondence with chiti (sic) is ongoing.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Not sure when I became a citigold holder but it was sometime between 2010-2011.

I sent a SM asking if the annual fee for the TY Premier CC(I don't have it now) would be waived and got a reply as follows.

Terms and conditions for customers may be different per card. We are unable to disclose if the annual fee would be billed across all accounts.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:56 pm
dw

Originally Posted by asandrs
Conversely (or just a con), I am ex citigold (now just regualar citipleb) and Citi have charged me $7.92 for withdrawing euro 200 from a citi branch in Barcelona as they claim it was a non citi withdrawal? Correspondence with chiti (sic) is ongoing.
Well, this is probably more appropriate for another thread, but it sounds like you were charged the standard FX fee of 3%. This is only waived for Citigold, Citi Private Bank and maybe a few other account types.

200 euros = approx 260 usd x 3% = $7.80

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.