FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Card closed for new applicants. Information here: https://citi.com/citiprestige
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige discontinued (USA).

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by crapz1
I am CitiGold, but only got it this year so I don't qualify for the reduced annual fee.
wait, you shall get the relationship credit. call your citigold rep.
I upgraded our account to CG after card AF hit, and got the relationship credit within 2 weeks.
btw, I also value PPS so much that I still keep this card. it's disgrace PPS withdrew from LAX
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by IAD-SFO-TPE
wait, you shall get the relationship credit. call your citigold rep.
I upgraded our account to CG after card AF hit, and got the relationship credit within 2 weeks.
btw, I also value PPS so much that I still keep this card. it's disgrace PPS withdrew from LAX
My experience has been that because the credit was given by the credit card, your RM cannot give you the $145 (unless in the form of courtesy credit). They can and should make sure your account reflects your Citigold status. The credit card should automatically process the refund at the end of the AF billing cycle. If not (possibly due to new Citigold status or sometime just Citi being Citi), call the credit card and they’ll open a case.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:31 pm

I called my RM and she said that they had to contact the backoffice to link or notate the card because I had the card for 5 years but just opened CG this year. She said that I would see the credit within 1-2 statements and if not, that they would manually take care of it. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
After reading the Chase thread about how the cell phone protection benefit may have been removed from the Chase Freedom Flex Card, supposedly because it has been removed by Mastercard as a benefit, I logged into the Citi Benefits page to check the benefits for the Prestige.

Interestingly, the cell phone protection benefit no longer shows up in the grid of benefits. (It still appears on the linked benefits guide, but that guide is from 2019.) I don't recall receiving any communication from Citi about the benefit going away-- and I certainly did receive correspondence from Chase (on their IHG cards) and Barclays (on their Jetblue Plus card) about cell phone coverage being discontinued effective 1/1/22.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA, AS
I have a bit of a specific question – I understand that the Citi Prestige is no longer open for new customers, and also closed to new product changes to the card from other products. However, if I were to downgrade from the Prestige to the Premier, is the upgrade back to the Prestige still available as a result of being a previous Prestige cardholder, especially given that Citi will still be servicing other existing Prestige cards?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by dw
After reading the Chase thread about how the cell phone protection benefit may have been removed from the Chase Freedom Flex Card, supposedly because it has been removed by Mastercard as a benefit, I logged into the Citi Benefits page to check the benefits for the Prestige.

Interestingly, the cell phone protection benefit no longer shows up in the grid of benefits. (It still appears on the linked benefits guide, but that guide is from 2019.) I don't recall receiving any communication from Citi about the benefit going away-- and I certainly did receive correspondence from Chase (on their IHG cards) and Barclays (on their Jetblue Plus card) about cell phone coverage being discontinued effective 1/1/22.
Same here. No longer shows up under cardbenefits.citi.com, and I’ve never received an email from Citi regarding this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:53 pm

Do people have Citi Prestige anymore? They got rid of all the benefits, so I don’t know what the point of this card is. In any event, if anyone has any data point on retention bonus, please share.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by hk7ju
Do people have Citi Prestige anymore? They got rid of all the benefits, so I don’t know what the point of this card is. In any event, if anyone has any data point on retention bonus, please share.
Sure, why not? It still has strong points in 5X on flights and OTAs/travel agencies and dining (no need to use a card travel portal), an unlimited guest Priority Pass including restaurants, the 4NF in certain cases, and an annual fee that stayed at $495 vs. increases in Amex Plat and CSR. Plus the extended warranty and (possibly) $1K cell phone insurance.

However, the new Capital1 offering has definitely changed the calculus somewhat, if combined with a card like the Savor/SavorOne.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by moe8555
Sure, why not? It still has strong points in 5X on flights and OTAs/travel agencies and dining (no need to use a card travel portal), an unlimited guest Priority Pass including restaurants, the 4NF in certain cases, and an annual fee that stayed at $495 vs. increases in Amex Plat and CSR. Plus the extended warranty and (possibly) $1K cell phone insurance.

However, the new Capital1 offering has definitely changed the calculus somewhat, if combined with a card like the Savor/SavorOne.
I thought it was 2-guest limit?

I kept mine for now, mostly out of naive hope that Citi might actually refresh the card, but who knows.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I thought it was 2-guest limit?

I kept mine for now, mostly out of naive hope that Citi might actually refresh the card, but who knows.
It's 2 guests or all immediate family. In reality, it appears the limit isn't enforced.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by United857
I have a bit of a specific question – I understand that the Citi Prestige is no longer open for new customers, and also closed to new product changes to the card from other products. However, if I were to downgrade from the Prestige to the Premier, is the upgrade back to the Prestige still available as a result of being a previous Prestige cardholder, especially given that Citi will still be servicing other existing Prestige cards?
No upgrades after discontinued.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by hk7ju
Of course, very low cost considering the benefits, IF you use them.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by moe8555
... and an annual fee that stayed at $495
Or $350 if you're Citi Gold. And both of those numbers are before the $250 travel credit, so the real annual fee is $100-$245.
dw likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:11 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by docbert
Or $350 if you're Citi Gold. And both of those numbers are before the $250 travel credit, so the real annual fee is $100-$245.
Or a grandfathered $0 AF for some clients who were offered that when the card launched ;-)
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by dw
Or a grandfathered $0 AF for some clients who were offered that when the card launched ;-)
So these people are essentially getting paid $250 to hold the card?! What a dream...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.