FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Card closed for new applicants. Information here: https://citi.com/citiprestige
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige discontinued (USA).

Old Sep 17, 2023, 5:02 pm

Programs: Amex, AS, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mia
This looks to simply be a printing error made by the company that fabricates and ships cards.
I received my Premier renewal this week with the same sheet. I initially thought I got upgraded to the Prestige but it looks like a printing error to me.
dw, LETTERBOY, lsquare and 1 others like this.

Last edited by oski97; Sep 17, 2023 at 5:08 pm Reason: edit
Old Sep 26, 2023, 5:16 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Sharing this post with a rumor that Citi has for the time being cancelled the launch of the Strata and Strata Elite:

https://frequentmiler.com/citi-pulls...d-strata-cards

I think some of us were waiting for the launch, wondering whether our Prestige Cards would be converted to the new Strata Elite cards. If the rumor is true, then I guess for the time being its business as usual.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by dw
Sharing this post with a rumor that Citi has for the time being cancelled the launch of the Strata and Strata Elite:

https://frequentmiler.com/citi-pulls...d-strata-cards

I think some of us were waiting for the launch, wondering whether our Prestige Cards would be converted to the new Strata Elite cards. If the rumor is true, then I guess for the time being its business as usual.
It's pretty disappointing news. I was really hoping to see a launch soon and see if the new Strata will have any more 5x categories.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Hopefully Citi figured out that nobody wants another Amex Platinum coupon book.
coolfish1103, lsquare and cuthroat like this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: Independent
Really I just want my travel protections back (and purchase protections on the double cash). Those are the only things that prevent me from being all-in on Citi vs. Chase. As it is I plan to spend down my TYP since travel insurance has come in handy before.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by hkcj
Really I just want my travel protections back (and purchase protections on the double cash). Those are the only things that prevent me from being all-in on Citi vs. Chase. As it is I plan to spend down my TYP since travel insurance has come in handy before.
Is there no purchase protection on the Double Cash? I put all my electronics/appliances on Prestige just because the extended warranty and purchase protection.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Is there no purchase protection on the Double Cash? I put all my electronics/appliances on Prestige just because the extended warranty and purchase protection.
No purchase protection benefits on Custom Cash or Double Cash.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 11:44 am

Called to see what product changes were available (from a double cash card). Rewards+, customer cash, premier, costco, and AA were all available, I inquired about presitge and she said its only for new applicants, I said can I apply for it on the phone, then she said, sorry no, its been discontinued as of 2021 (she mispoke). Oh well!
Old Dec 1, 2023, 8:50 am
dw

Originally Posted by moops380
Called to see what product changes were available (from a double cash card). Rewards+, customer cash, premier, costco, and AA were all available, I inquired about presitge and she said its only for new applicants, I said can I apply for it on the phone, then she said, sorry no, its been discontinued as of 2021 (she mispoke). Oh well!
Wow, time passes, I cant believe its been 2.5 years now since this card was discontinued. With the launch of the Strata cards seemingly shelved for the time being, I feel like those of grandfathered in are just waiting to see what ends up happening with this card. (I do acknowledge Citi has a history of supporting discontinued cards for years, so its possible theyll just keep servicing these for years with no changes.)
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by dw
Wow, time passes, I cant believe its been 2.5 years now since this card was discontinued. With the launch of the Strata cards seemingly shelved for the time being, I feel like those of grandfathered in are just waiting to see what ends up happening with this card. (I do acknowledge Citi has a history of supporting discontinued cards for years, so its possible theyll just keep servicing these for years with no changes.)
Those are the last 5x categories for any card that didn't require any sort of portal shopping (that i'm aware of). Silly of me to give it up ~5 years ago. Nothing uncapped even at 4x in my research.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Can someone remind me what the Prestige earning categories are for anyone who still has it? Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:43 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by js1993
Can someone remind me what the Prestige earning categories are for anyone who still has it? Thanks.
See here: https://citi.com/citiprestige

5X = Airlines, Travel Agencies and Restaurants
3X = Hotels and Cruises
lsquare and js1993 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
See here: https://citi.com/citiprestige

5X = Airlines, Travel Agencies and Restaurants
3X = Hotels and Cruises
Not only that, but we still get great bonus offers occasionally on it too. For example, we just got on offer through 12/31 for 5X on groceries and gas (up to a capped amount that I can't recall at the moment, I think $2500).

Regards
Old Dec 1, 2023, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Not only that, but we still get great bonus offers occasionally on it too. For example, we just got on offer through 12/31 for 5X on groceries and gas (up to a capped amount that I can't recall at the moment, I think $2500).

Regards
$495 annual fee
($145) Citigold credit (some VTI/VOO parked in self-directed brokerage account)
($250) Airline credit
2x ($50 or more) 4th Night Free
And you're even.
I use the Priority Pass at airport restaurant/bar ($28 per visit) often so it's a net positive for me even without organic spend or other bonuses (like Paypal) and what Scubadu mentioned.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 4:10 pm
dw

Originally Posted by scubadu
Ive had this card since 2013 and have never been targeted for any bonus offers but at the same time I have a grandfathered fee waiver in place so I suppose I cant complain

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.