Last edit by: mia
Card closed for new applicants. Information here: https://citi.com/citiprestige
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige discontinued (USA).

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2023, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by hi-guy
$495 annual fee
($145) Citigold credit (some VTI/VOO parked in self-directed brokerage account)
($250) Airline credit
2x ($50 or more) 4th Night Free
And you're even.
I use the Priority Pass at airport restaurant/bar ($28 per visit) often so it's a net positive for me even without organic spend or other bonuses (like Paypal) and what Scubadu mentioned.
I would never trust Citi with $200k of my money to save $145 a year lol. Their website is already terrible enough.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
I would never trust Citi with $200k of my money to save $145 a year lol. Their website is already terrible enough.
Securities are handled by Pershing so I'm fine with that.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by scubadu
Not only that, but we still get great bonus offers occasionally on it too. For example, we just got on offer through 12/31 for 5X on groceries and gas (up to a capped amount that I can't recall at the moment, I think $2500).
I had been getting these near continually, but they stopped maybe 4-5 months ago. The limit, at least for the ones I was receiving, was 2,500 points, not dollars. If you don't hit those limits, stocking up on Amazon (or other) gift cards from your supermarket is a good way to get 5% off there too!
Old Dec 5, 2023, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Not only that, but we still get great bonus offers occasionally on it too. For example, we just got on offer through 12/31 for 5X on groceries and gas (up to a capped amount that I can't recall at the moment, I think $2500).

Regards
I didn’t get that one, is there a link to check offers?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by voodoogirl
I didn’t get that one, is there a link to check offers?
This particular offer (5x at gas/supermarket/etc) seems to be targeted, and sent to you via mail - or at least that's how I've always got it. The mailer has a code that you enter on the website to activate it.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by hi-guy
$495 annual fee
($145) Citigold credit (some VTI/VOO parked in self-directed brokerage account)
($250) Airline credit
2x ($50 or more) 4th Night Free
And you're even.
I use the Priority Pass at airport restaurant/bar ($28 per visit) often so it's a net positive for me even without organic spend or other bonuses (like Paypal) and what Scubadu mentioned.
I've had my Prestige card for 9 years now because its always a net positive. $145 Citigold credit and $250 Airline credit. I spend a lot on dining and getting 5X on it is huge. I've only used the 4th night free a couple times because I prefer to use all points for my hotel stays. Retentions make it a no brainer as I've called every year and I get 10K-20K TYPs or $200 statement credit each time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.