FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Card closed for new applicants. Information here: https://citi.com/citiprestige
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige discontinued (USA).

Old Dec 1, 2023, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by hi-guy
$495 annual fee
($145) Citigold credit (some VTI/VOO parked in self-directed brokerage account)
($250) Airline credit
2x ($50 or more) 4th Night Free
And you're even.
I use the Priority Pass at airport restaurant/bar ($28 per visit) often so it's a net positive for me even without organic spend or other bonuses (like Paypal) and what Scubadu mentioned.
I would never trust Citi with $200k of my money to save $145 a year lol. Their website is already terrible enough.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
I would never trust Citi with $200k of my money to save $145 a year lol. Their website is already terrible enough.
Securities are handled by Pershing so I'm fine with that.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by scubadu
Not only that, but we still get great bonus offers occasionally on it too. For example, we just got on offer through 12/31 for 5X on groceries and gas (up to a capped amount that I can't recall at the moment, I think $2500).
I had been getting these near continually, but they stopped maybe 4-5 months ago. The limit, at least for the ones I was receiving, was 2,500 points, not dollars. If you don't hit those limits, stocking up on Amazon (or other) gift cards from your supermarket is a good way to get 5% off there too!
Old Dec 5, 2023, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Not only that, but we still get great bonus offers occasionally on it too. For example, we just got on offer through 12/31 for 5X on groceries and gas (up to a capped amount that I can't recall at the moment, I think $2500).

Regards
I didnt get that one, is there a link to check offers?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by voodoogirl
I didnt get that one, is there a link to check offers?
This particular offer (5x at gas/supermarket/etc) seems to be targeted, and sent to you via mail - or at least that's how I've always got it. The mailer has a code that you enter on the website to activate it.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by hi-guy
$495 annual fee
($145) Citigold credit (some VTI/VOO parked in self-directed brokerage account)
($250) Airline credit
2x ($50 or more) 4th Night Free
And you're even.
I use the Priority Pass at airport restaurant/bar ($28 per visit) often so it's a net positive for me even without organic spend or other bonuses (like Paypal) and what Scubadu mentioned.
I've had my Prestige card for 9 years now because its always a net positive. $145 Citigold credit and $250 Airline credit. I spend a lot on dining and getting 5X on it is huge. I've only used the 4th night free a couple times because I prefer to use all points for my hotel stays. Retentions make it a no brainer as I've called every year and I get 10K-20K TYPs or $200 statement credit each time.
Old May 13, 2024, 7:15 am

So apparently the Citi Premier card has been renamed to the Citi 'Strata' Premier card - and they have bought back some of the travel protections that they took away from that card a few years ago.

Will be interesting to see if they bring those some protections back to the Prestige card or not...
Old May 13, 2024, 7:33 am

If you go to the Citi Strata Premier site and expand the list of Frequently Asked Questions, the last one is this:

Can I upgrade from the Citi Strata Premier℠ Card to the Citi Prestige Card?

To see if you are eligible to upgrade your Citi Strata Premier℠ Card to the Citi Prestige Card, please call the number on the back of your Citi Strata Premier℠ card.
notquiteaff and lsquare like this.
Old May 13, 2024, 8:16 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Please continue the discussion of the Citi Strata Premier card in the following thread:Thank you,

TWA884
Acting moderator, Citi ThankYou Rewards
lsquare likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 8:42 am

Spoke too soon: https://frequentmiler.com/can-you-up...ge-should-you/

A Citi spokesperson has reached out to let us know that the the FAQ question is an error. Citi Prestige is not open for acquisitions and Citi cardmembers cannot be upgraded into it.
dw, LETTERBOY, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old May 16, 2024, 10:26 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by claimui
I wonder if it's intended for upgrade to "Strata Prestige" down the road!

LAX
lsquare likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I wonder what will happen to all the people applying for the Strata Premier only to be locked out of the Strata Prestige/Elite (if it ever appears) due to 48 month language rules.
Old May 17, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I wonder what will happen to all the people applying for the Strata Premier only to be locked out of the Strata Prestige/Elite (if it ever appears) due to 48 month language rules.
Well, it would be no different than the people that get "locked" out of applying for one flavor of the Chase Sapphire if they have already had the other.

And yet, somehow the world continues to spin...

Regards
Old May 17, 2024, 11:16 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Maybe they would get an upgrade offer? I personally don't understand the logic behind "family of cards" restrictions. Why wouldn't Citi want me to hold both the Premier and Prestige? Sure, if I end up canceling one or even both, then lock me out of them for 48 months so I can't churn them (I don't). If I hold a Premier and that keeps me from getting a Prestige SUB, then I certainly won't want try it out to see if it might meet my needs better or be complimentary (or vice versa).

LAX
Old May 18, 2024, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by LAX
I wonder if it's intended for upgrade to "Strata Prestige" down the road!
The FAQ item about upgrades was simply a left-over from the old Premier FAQ (and even there it was inaccurate).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.