Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Card closed for new applicants. Information here: https://citi.com/citiprestige
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige discontinued (USA).

Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:50 pm
  #211  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco/Sydney
Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 8,193
Originally Posted by Nevsky
I heard from someone who would know that the Prestige Card is available again in branches. Would be interesting if this is true. Still, unless you dine a lot at restaurants, the card is not currently a great value proposition.
What card is better for airfares (5x, so basically 5% cashback)? I've also been getting near continuous 5x points offers at gas stations/supermarkets/drug stores for the past few years (mostly 3 months on, 1-2 months off - max 2500 bonus points) which helps at least a little with the value prop.

Simple fact is that for $100/year (Annual fee for CitiGold, minus the $250 airfare credit), I'd keep this card just for the Priority Pass access - especially given it includes PP restaurant access unlike most other cards.
lsquare and ryandelmundo like this.
docbert is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2023, 12:09 am
  #212  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 20,177
Originally Posted by docbert
What card is better for airfares (5x, so basically 5% cashback)? I've also been getting near continuous 5x points offers at gas stations/supermarkets/drug stores for the past few years (mostly 3 months on, 1-2 months off - max 2500 bonus points) which helps at least a little with the value prop.

Simple fact is that for $100/year (Annual fee for CitiGold, minus the $250 airfare credit), I'd keep this card just for the Priority Pass access - especially given it includes PP restaurant access unlike most other cards.
Totally agree. I think this card is underrated. If this card included insurance, its gold. I'm keeping mine even without insurance.
lsquare is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2023, 1:36 am
  #213  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New York
Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Posts: 1,228
Originally Posted by docbert
What card is better for airfares (5x, so basically 5% cashback)? I've also been getting near continuous 5x points offers at gas stations/supermarkets/drug stores for the past few years (mostly 3 months on, 1-2 months off - max 2500 bonus points) which helps at least a little with the value prop.

Simple fact is that for $100/year (Annual fee for CitiGold, minus the $250 airfare credit), I'd keep this card just for the Priority Pass access - especially given it includes PP restaurant access unlike most other cards.
I prefer the Amex Platinum for 5X airfare as it comes with insurance on roundtrips. Of course, if you have a CitiGold discount that changes the equation.
Nevsky is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2023, 1:39 am
  #214  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 20,177
Originally Posted by Nevsky
I prefer the Amex Platinum for 5X airfare as it comes with insurance on roundtrips. Of course, if you have a CitiGold discount that changes the equation.
AMEX Plat doesn't have a dining multiplier and limited acceptance internationally.
notquiteaff likes this.
lsquare is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2023, 6:52 am
  #215  
dw
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: NYC/LA
Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Posts: 7,874
Originally Posted by Nevsky
I heard from someone who would know that the Prestige Card is available again in branches. Would be interesting if this is true. Still, unless you dine a lot at restaurants, the card is not currently a great value proposition.
Hmmm if true seems to kill the whole rumor about it being relaunched as the Strata Elite.
dw is online now  
Old Jul 21, 2023, 6:58 am
  #216  
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Posts: 49,167
Originally Posted by docbert
PP restaurant access unlike most other cards.
Most? Only two issuers exclude restaurants.
lsquare likes this.
mia is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2023, 7:03 am
  #217  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 20,177
Originally Posted by mia
Most? Only two issuers exclude restaurants.
I think only AMEX and C1.
lsquare is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2023, 7:35 am
  #218  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AUS
Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Posts: 7,162
Originally Posted by mia
Most? Only two issuers exclude restaurants.
Well, I guess it depends on how one defines "most?" Wouldn't it be equally accurate to say that only two issuers include restaurants (i.e. Citi and Chase) and one of them only provides it on a card that has been discontinued/unavailable to new applicants for several years at this point?

Regards
scubadu is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2023, 9:09 am
  #219  
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Posts: 49,167
Originally Posted by scubadu
.... Wouldn't it be equally accurate to say that only two issuers include restaurants
No. Bank of America, Barclays and US Bank also issue cards with bundled Priority Pass memberships.
lsquare likes this.
mia is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2023, 9:11 am
  #220  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AUS
Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Posts: 7,162
Originally Posted by mia
No. Bank of America, Barclays and US Bank also issue cards with bundled Priority Pass memberships.
Fair enough, thanks for the insight. Those card issuers are not really a field that I play in...

Regards
scubadu is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2023, 8:34 pm
  #221  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ATL, BHM, DUB, County Wexford
Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Posts: 4,877
Originally Posted by mia
No. Bank of America, Barclays and US Bank also issue cards with bundled Priority Pass memberships.
The only US Bank with rest access is Reserve, limited to two free visits.
EasternTraveler is offline  
Old Sep 13, 2023, 7:23 pm
  #222  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TYS/BNA/ATL
Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Posts: 2,023
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
The only US Bank with rest access is Reserve, limited to two free visits.
As a Altitude Reserve cardholder, you have access to 8 free airport lounge visits per membership year. Each member visit and each accompanying guest(s) visit applies against the free visit allowance.
yugi is offline  
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:08 pm
  #223  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, FL (formerly Chicago, IL)
Programs: AA Plat (1 MM), Marriott Liftetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
Posts: 38
BofA Elite card 's PP also has restaurant access and gives AUs their own PP for free.
lsquare likes this.
Jigster is offline  
Old Sep 14, 2023, 3:33 pm
  #224  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,036
4th Night Free Stays from their portal charges the amount in full immediately correct? I have a booking for $9000 that I would like to float as long as I can so would like to know so I can time my booking.
phant0m is offline  
Old Sep 14, 2023, 3:53 pm
  #225  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ATL, BHM, DUB, County Wexford
Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Posts: 4,877
Originally Posted by yugi
As a Altitude Reserve cardholder, you have access to 8 free airport lounge visits per membership year. Each member visit and each accompanying guest(s) visit applies against the free visit allowance.
I don't see your contradiction, therefore the logic to why you posted a reply is amiss.
EasternTraveler is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.