Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Card closed for new applicants. Information here: https://citi.com/citiprestige
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige discontinued (USA).

Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Got a new Prestige card today as my old one way starting to peel.

They've done away with the distinctive design, and it's now just basically the same as the Premier card only with Prestige where it would show Premier. It also no longer has the cardholders name on the back, only on the front (number and expiry are still on the back).
But is the new Prestige card also plastic like the Premier? If so, Ill get a replacement card today
Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
But is the new Prestige card also plastic like the Premier? If so, Ill get a replacement card today
It's metal.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott

They've done away with the distinctive design, and it's now just basically the same as the Premier card only with Prestige where it would show Premier. It also no longer has the cardholders name on the back, only on the front (number and expiry are still on the back).

Old on the top, new on the bottom.
I personally want my old Chairman back!

Last edited by mia; Jun 14, 2023 at 4:33 am Reason: Remove quoted image
Old Jun 14, 2023, 8:07 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by moe8555
Indeed they have expanded lounge access, but this is obviously a very personal calculation depending on travel patterns. As a family of 5 that rarely passes through airports with Centurion lounges, SkyClubs, and Plaza Premiums, the Citi Priority Pass that covers non-lounge and immediate family works better for me.
And now most Plaza Premiums are again covered in Priority Pass, so the value proposition just improved
lsquare and ithinkurdumb like this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by lsquare
I have the new design and I much prefer the old design.
Interesting, I've heard that sentiment from other Prestige holders. I personally prefer the new design (have had the old one also)!
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 6:48 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I have the new design and I much prefer the old design.
If rumors are correct, in time we may all get yet another new design (Strata Elite) ;-)
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by dw
If rumors are correct, in time we may all get yet another new design (Strata Elite) ;-)
Any more new info about that card yet?
Old Jun 15, 2023, 9:08 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Any more new info about that card yet?
Unfortunately theres been nothing. Original rumored timeframe was late April.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:13 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Thinking of cancelling my Prestige card as the only thing I use it for (NOW) is restaurants--maybe $1k/month.

4NF is basically crap now so I can't even place a value on it any longer. (I used to get over $1k/year in savings from it so the card cost me less than $0 haha)

IF Citi is in fact coming out with the new Strata/whatever premium card, would they try to convert our Prestige cards to it? If so, I would rather cancel my Prestige and sign up for the new card's SUB.

Thoughts....?

Last edited by 355F1; Jun 23, 2023 at 6:04 pm
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by 355F1
Thinking of cancelling my Prestige card as the only thing I use it for is restaurants--maybe $1k/month.

4NF is basically crap now so I can't even place a value on it any longer. (I used to get over $1k/year in savings from it so the card cost me less than $0 haha)

IF Citi is in fact coming out with the new Strata/whatever premium card, would they try to convert our Prestige cards to it? If so, I would rather cancel my Prestige and sign up for the new card's SUB.

Thoughts....?
Conversions wouldn't happen without a lot of notice, but it sounds like you answered your own question.

Prestige went from best CC to garbage in record time.
355F1 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 3:48 pm

Does other travel get 5x?

So some Klook purchases codes as business service and some as travel?
My recent purchase at Klook got 5x. it was coded as "Travel Agency And Tour Operators". Same for tour bus purchase at Tokyo
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 7:46 pm

If the Citi/American Executive Elite MasterCard announced that its bringing back travel insurance, Im wondering if MasterCard or Citi will be adding back to the Prestige?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 9:05 pm

Old on the top, new on the bottom.

That's the latest design, and I think it's been out for about a year or two. I'm also not really into it; it's very plain and lacks the elegance of the previous design. I'm also not a fan of the association logo on the front with the name, and it would look a lot cleaner with that information on the back.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 11:50 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by 355F1
Thinking of cancelling my Prestige card as the only thing I use it for (NOW) is restaurants--maybe $1k/month.

Thoughts....?
Happy to report that I was able to use my 4NF at a Maui hotel and it did actually save me almost $500.

Looks like I will probably keep this for another year....
mia and ithinkurdumb like this.

Last edited by 355F1; Jul 12, 2023 at 8:43 am
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I heard from someone who would know that the Prestige Card is available again in branches. Would be interesting if this is true. Still, unless you dine a lot at restaurants, the card is not currently a great value proposition.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.