Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Card closed for new applicants. Information here: https://citi.com/citiprestige
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige discontinued (USA).

Old Sep 14, 2023, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
4th Night Free Stays from their portal charges the amount in full immediately correct? I have a booking for $9000 that I would like to float as long as I can so would like to know so I can time my booking.
Yes, your card gets charged immediately, but you can use any ThankYou points to offset. If you want to prolong the amount to pay it off, I guess book right after a statement date closes, and you have the full month until the next statement + the ~3 weeks for that statement's due date.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by phant0m
4th Night Free Stays from their portal charges the amount in full immediately correct? I have a booking for $9000 that I would like to float as long as I can so would like to know so I can time my booking.
Not that I'd suggest doing it, but I did discover an interesting quirk of this card last month...

2 months ago my closing balance was (say) $1000. A few weeks after that, I bought a United ticket for $1500, then the next day canceled it and rebooked. Normally when you cancel within 24 hours United just voids the card transaction, but in this case it had seemingly already gone through so it posted as a charge, a credit, and then a new charge for the new booking (which was a few dollars different).

When it came time for my card to pay itself with auto-pay, it paid $40, which was the "minimum payment amount" on the previous statement. I checked with Citi and they confirmed that the refund was treated as a payment, and thus came off the previous months statement - so technically I owned zero, although they still take the minimum payment amount for some reason which is why it paid that much. They confirmed there would be no interest/fees, as the previous months balance had been paid in full (by the credit), and the new charges - including the 2x$1500 for the airfares would be due as if they were both new charges in the next month.

I've had other cards with other banks that definitely didn't work this way, but it seems Citi is different...
Old Sep 16, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Citi Prestige new Earning

So just receive my renewal card today and the earning categories and rates are exactly that of the Citi Premier. It is now : 3X on Restaurant, Supermarket, Gas station, Travel & Hotels. 1X on All Other

Guess I wont be using Prestige for restaurant anymore since its no longer 5X
cuthroat likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 10:41 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by rice4u
So just receive my renewal card today and the earning categories and rates are exactly that of the Citi Premier. It is now : 3X on Restaurant, Supermarket, Gas station, Travel & Hotels. 1X on All Other

Can you post a scan of what you received? Is it possible they accidentally enclosed the wrong literature with your card?

If earning categories are changing, they havent provided any notice to anyone yet which is why I wonder if its just a mistake.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by dw
Can you post a scan of what you received? Is it possible they accidentally enclosed the wrong literature with your card?

If earning categories are changing, they haven’t provided any notice to anyone yet which is why I wonder if it’s just a mistake.

Disregard about the earning multiple. Tested and they remains 5x for restaurant and flight. Updated 20 Oct 2023.
cuthroat likes this.

Last edited by rice4u; Oct 20, 2023 at 6:37 am
Old Sep 16, 2023, 10:47 am
dw

New earning categories for Citi Prestigi
I think its a mistake when the sheet was printed, especially since they reference the $100 hotel savings benefit, which is for the Premier Card.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by dw
I think it’s a mistake when the sheet was printed, especially since they reference the $100 hotel savings benefit, which is for the Premier Card.
Could be, but it has “Your new Prestige Card is enclosed” . I’ll test it out at restaurant and let y’all know what earning rate post

Tested, and earning remain 5x for restaurant and flight. Updated 20 Oct 2023.

Last edited by rice4u; Oct 20, 2023 at 6:38 am
Old Sep 16, 2023, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

That's crazy if true. I hope it's a mistake as no one in the right mind would pay the higher AF for the Premier's earning rates.

Originally Posted by dw
I think its a mistake when the sheet was printed, especially since they reference the $100 hotel savings benefit, which is for the Premier Card.
​​​​​​​This is a pretty significant change. If true, I think we would have heard something by now. I'm crossing my fingers this was just a mistake on Citi's part!
Old Sep 16, 2023, 11:36 am
dw

Originally Posted by lsquare
This is a pretty significant change. If true, I think we would have heard something by now. I'm crossing my fingers this was just a mistake on Citi's part!
There are no changes to the earnings structure on the cards benefit site:

https://www.citi.com/citiprestige
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 11:40 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
1) The text at the bottom of the mailer mentions Premier, not Prestige.

2) If you go to citi.com/cardbenefits does the information match the mailer?
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
There are no changes to the earnings structure on the cards benefit site:

https://www.citi.com/citiprestige
Originally Posted by mia
1) The text at the bottom of the mailer mentions Premier, not Prestige.

2) If you go to citi.com/cardbenefits does the information match the mailer?
Please don't scare me! I love my Prestige!
Old Sep 16, 2023, 12:10 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Please don't scare me!
This looks to simply be a printing error made by the company that fabricates and ships cards.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 2:13 pm
dw

Im still waiting for news on this allegedly upcoming Strata Elite card and what that could mean for us legacy Prestige card holders Doctor of Credit (who is usually pretty reliable) said a few weeks ago that it should finally be coming soon.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
Im still waiting for news on this allegedly upcoming Strata Elite card and what that could mean for us legacy Prestige card holders Doctor of Credit (who is usually pretty reliable) said a few weeks ago that it should finally be coming soon.
Link?

Hopefully, the Strata Elite takes everything that is good about the Prestige and builds on it. I'm willing to pay if the earning rates and benefits are top-notch!
Old Sep 16, 2023, 5:16 pm
dw

Link?

Hopefully, the Strata Elite takes everything that is good about the Prestige and builds on it. I'm willing to pay if the earning rates and benefits are top-notch!
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-...-credit-cards/
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.