FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: General discussion and PUBLIC online offers (2019-2020) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954442-citi-aa-cards-general-discussion-public-online-offers-2019-2020-a.html)

hurnik Jan 20, 2019 10:47 am

Originally Posted by hurnik (Post 30661657)
Yes, the AA balance shows correctly.
PDF shows correctly (now that i know to look there and not the "online" balance).
Last month the charges/miles earned updated my AA account correctly.
But still waiting for AA account to update with the Bonus miles.

No biggie, I know it's all linked up correctly and the bonus miles were awarded. I'll be patient and wait for the miles to show upon AA's side.

Points finally posted yesterday on AA, although they aren't listed in the "available for use" (via the app) until today. So seems maybe Citi or AA is a little slow processing things.

liw5215 Jan 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Time to close the first card

applied the first AA card on 12/9/2016, the statement 12/16/2018 has the annual fee due by 2/10/2019. Applied second AA at 1/20/2019, got instant approved. need to spend $2.5k in 3 months to get 50k miles. The question is: can the first card be closed now or downgraded to no fee AA card? or has to wait for the bonus miles to be awarded on the second card after minimum spending? Thanks

IkeEsq Jan 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215 (Post 30679866)
applied the first AA card on 12/9/2016, the statement 12/16/2018 has the annual fee due by 2/10/2019. Applied second AA at 1/20/2019, got instant approved. need to spend $2.5k in 3 months to get 50k miles. The question is: can the first card be closed now or downgraded to no fee AA card? or has to wait for the bonus miles to be awarded on the second card after minimum spending? Thanks

Once you are approved for the new card, you get the bonus if you make the spend. The bonus is attached upon approval if you qualify and does not disappear again by closing an old card.

VegasGambler Jan 22, 2019 4:03 am

DP: Applied for & instantly approved for second card, 29 days after first card. Credit limit dropped slightly (~5% less than first card)

frank_10b Jan 22, 2019 7:35 am

Any publicly avail per cc citi AA offer higher than 50K miles?

Is there any use to the citi AA miles up cc with the 10K and 50$ offer? What can I do with these mailers?
Thanks!

pgary Jan 22, 2019 2:54 pm

I added the improved 60K offer for the personal card to the wiki.

Happy Jan 22, 2019 5:05 pm

Has anyone experienced issues trying to set up Account Alert?

I always set up Account Alerts once the new card is added to the existing Account Online.

I would like to set up spend alert / balance exceed X amount alert / payment received alert, at the minimum. I cannot set up anything on the new card activated tonight over the phone. But the website has not behaved. First it kept thrown me out when I went to the Account Benefit screen where the Account Alert is at the bottom. Eventually I was able to reach the Account Alert screen, but then the email address does not show up in the place of "Send Alert To" after a specific Alert setting is opened. As a result you cannot specify anything or save anything. I vaguely remember seeing same issues last year but could not remember how did I eventually find a workaround and was able to set up the few Alerts I like to have.

Yet Citi generated automatic emails informing me I have successfully set up Account Alerts while NONE is set up.

Has anyone had similar issues lately? Or it needs a day or two after activating the new card before the alert function becomes available? It has been a few months since the last card and I could not remember the details any more.

Thanks for suggestions if you have a way to make it work.

NTP9766 Jan 22, 2019 5:38 pm

Yep, I’ve had the same exact issue on my account. I still try with each new card, to no avail.

Shadownite Jan 22, 2019 6:07 pm

I haven't had a CITI card business or personal since May 2015, I have major usage in the next 4 months. Which cards should I apply for? I will probably also apply for the United 75k Card in the next week or two, in which order should I apply? Thanks

Happy Jan 22, 2019 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 30688189)
Yep, I’ve had the same exact issue on my account. I still try with each new card, to no avail.

I ended up calling. I need to call anyway to make sure the card is activated properly because of a bad experience in Jan or Feb last year that despite receiving confirmation email after activating the card online it was not "fully" activated and was under "temporary security block". You can imagine that the card is declined everywhere no matter how much and where it was used. Then I found out the issue. Since then I always call to activate thru the robot then call the number at the back to make sure card is activated properly. Today is the 2nd time that a card is not "fully activated" according to the guy in Philippines when I verified whether the card was truly activated and good to go. He said "it looks like it isn't fully activated, let me finish the activation." I honestly dont know what would cause a card not "fully activated", but sure glad I keep the practice to call no matter what!

After he finished the activation I asked him to do the Account Alerts for me the same as the existing cards' alert setting. At first he did not want to do it, claiming I could do it online anytime I like at my own convenience. I told him the website is not functioning that is why I ask his assistance! So he did that, basically just made the Alerts on the existing accounts to also apply to the new card. After finished the call I logged in Account Online and this time almost all Alerts were in place except the guy missed 2 in the payment tab - he did not do the Notice on Minimum Payment due (I always set 10 days on all our CCs), and Payment Received, but he did the Payment Past Due... I have fixed that because now the Account Alert is functional. So if you dont mind calling Citi you could get it done this way. It is a One and Done call so not a biggie.

I was able to send an SM for the match. Will give it till next week to see if anything has come out of it. Statement is on the 14th this time so there is enough time to catch up before statement closes.

Happy Jan 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Shadownite (Post 30688295)
I haven't had a CITI card business or personal since May 2015, I have major usage in the next 4 months. Which cards should I apply for? I will probably also apply for the United 75k Card in the next week or two, in which order should I apply? Thanks

Chase card always should be first in case you are not aware of the Chase 5/24 rule. There is a well-written STICKY on Applying Chase Cards in Chase forum. Suggest you read that if you are not up to speed on how banks are doing these days if you want a high probability of getting approvals.

LWT3 Jan 23, 2019 2:03 pm

Same with me.

Happy Jan 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 30691919)
Same with me.

I suggest we all call Citi to let them know the Account Alerts screen is not functioning. Today it kept thrown me off when I reached that section. When I called this afternoon I also found out my card still wasn't fully activated despite what I was told last night by a guy from the Philippines call center though he did set up the Account Alerts on the new card minus some omission.

The gal from same call center finished the activation and said she would submit a ticket to the web support on the non-functioning Account Alert screen. Then out of the blue she said because of the inconveniences I have had from last night and today, she would issue a $10 statement credit to my account that would show up in 2 to 3 business days.

I read upthread someone got a 1000 AA miles during chat on something that he mentioned to the chat rep who proactively issued 1000 AA miles. I would take $10 statement credit anyday over the 1K additional AA miles. lol.

I understand our reluctance to call the bank, but these are unrelated depts (the number at the back of the card versus the numbers listed in the wiki versus the fraud alert clearance) Furthermore Citi IT should know their site is dyfunctional. I bet there are many other Citi customers complain, else there would not be proactive courtesy gestures to placate cardholders.

NTP9766 Jan 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30692118)
I read upthread someone got a 1000 AA miles during chat on something that he mentioned to the chat rep who proactively issued 1000 AA miles. I would take $10 statement credit anyday over the 1K additional AA miles. lol.

That was me (for having to chat with them twice about the bonus match confirmation). My new card should arrive next week, so if the issue persists for me, I'll give them a call.

Shadownite Jan 23, 2019 8:25 pm

Following your comment I applied and was approved for the United 75k card today and I also got in my email an offer for 60K $3k spending requirement for 3 months for the Platinum Select WE M.C. Should I apply for that one now and then the Business in 10 days? I can easily meet the spend for 3 or 4 cards in the three months. Thanks

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30688327)
Chase card always should be first in case you are not aware of the Chase 5/24 rule. There is a well-written STICKY on Applying Chase Cards in Chase forum. Suggest you read that if you are not up to speed on how banks are doing these days if you want a high probability of getting approvals.