FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: General discussion and PUBLIC online offers (2019-2020) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954442-citi-aa-cards-general-discussion-public-online-offers-2019-2020-a.html)

VegasGambler Jan 6, 2019 11:18 am

Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL (Post 30616868)

i have done both numerous times and it does not seem to matter. What does matter is the length of time between opening the card and when you request (I.e. you cannot ask for a match for a card you opened 1yr ago...)

That makes sense. I've only had this card in my possession for a few days (applied and approved 2 weeks ago)

I guess my concern is that if the bonus miles post they may be unable to modify it or something. I really have no idea what's going on on their end. I sent an SM, and got a pop-up saying that they would reply within 4 hrs. That was late Friday night. I'm not sure if they work weekends though. If I don't hear anything by Monday I'll try chat.

mia Jan 6, 2019 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30617960)
....if the bonus miles post they may be unable to modify it ....

When you request a match Citi does not modify your offer. They add the extra points separately, as a courtesy.

Originally Posted by desikid (Post 30618278)
.... "existing account" wording.. Is it referring to citi card account?....

Correct. The terms mean only that you cannot apply an advertised bonus to a card account that is already open, you must apply for a new account.

VegasGambler Jan 7, 2019 12:03 pm

No response to secure message asking for match. I tried chat and was asked to contact the "rewards management team" to determine eligibility for match.

Here is the direct phone number to contact our rewards management team: 1-800-950-5114 (TTY/TDD: 1-800-325-2865). Please note, this department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

mia Jan 7, 2019 12:07 pm

If you can post the exact text of your request others may be able to tell you if you used a term that might trigger this response.

VegasGambler Jan 7, 2019 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30623222)
If you can post the exact text of your request others may be able to tell you if you used a term that might trigger this response.

In chat, I wrote

Hi, I recently activated my card ending in xxxx. I see there is a 75000 mile signup offer available. Can you please match my account to this offer? Thank you!
My SM was identical, except the word "recently" is replaced with "just"

SeeBuyFly Jan 7, 2019 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30623208)
No response to secure message asking for match.

These days there is rarely any response to secure messages, except you may get a letter by mail. (A few people get e-mail replies.) Actions like CL adjustment or account closure can be seen on your account page as soon as they happen, but you may have to wait to see if they have put the "match" through.

Also, it is not wise to ask to be matched to an offer, since it can sometimes be misinterpreted as a request to change the applicable offer post facto (not possible). Instead claim that the mythical offer exists, and ask if they will give you the difference of xxx miles 'as a courtesy'.

VegasGambler Jan 7, 2019 12:35 pm

Oh I see. Thank you!

I figure, no harm, no foul on the chat. I just won't call. I'll wait a week to see if I get anything in the mail, and, if not, I'll try again with the "courtesy" language.

AugustWest Jan 7, 2019 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30623208)
No response to secure message asking for match. I tried chat and was asked to contact the "rewards management team" to determine eligibility for match.

Did you call and did they match you?

VegasGambler Jan 7, 2019 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by AugustWest (Post 30624253)
Did you call and did they match you?

I'm not going to call. I think it's the wrong department, as someone here suggested. I'm going to request again using the "as a courtesy" language that was recommended here.

tmiw Jan 7, 2019 8:18 pm

I received my card today and asked via SM for a match to 75K (originally signed up for the 60K/$4K offer). We'll see how that goes.

Also, as expected, I get a "added features couldn't be set up" error attempting to add it to Google Pay (weirdly, after the Citi T&C came up and were approved). Samsung Pay via my Gear S3, however, did add it after calling into Citi, which is weird since I thought I remembered seeing something on their site claiming that Samsung Pay wasn't supported either.

sciconf Jan 8, 2019 3:02 pm

Need 65k; Churning

Signed up for Citi Biz and got approved.
I need at least Need 65k for an economy award redemption

I read the thread about applying for Citi again in about 9 days. Current promo seems only 40k - any tips in Churning?
Also, can the points be transferred between family members?
They do not partner with AMEX MR correct?
Is there any matching offers?

jerry a. laska Jan 8, 2019 3:08 pm

You might want to look at the wiki and posts in this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...-business.html

sciconf Jan 8, 2019 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 30629014)
You might want to look at the wiki and posts in this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...-business.html

I see a 75k biz card offer - mine is 70k - when and how can I ask for a match?

jerry a. laska Jan 8, 2019 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by sciconf (Post 30629202)

Ask in that thread or review some of the posts there. Also read # 20 in the wiki.

JJeffrey Jan 8, 2019 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by sciconf (Post 30629202)

A question that will be much better answered over on the Citi forum.