FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: General discussion and PUBLIC online offers (2019-2020) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954442-citi-aa-cards-general-discussion-public-online-offers-2019-2020-a.html)

Blootie Patootie Feb 20, 2019 7:37 am

Has anyone been approved for any Citi AA Business card with their oldest account being 4 years or lower? Most comments on reddit in regards to this seem to say that you need at least one account that is 5+ years in age in order to be approved. Just wanted to double check my odds before pulling the trigger with my oldest account being only 3 years and 1 month old.

Ross0 Feb 20, 2019 12:05 pm

Does anyone know how/when a card holder receives the $100 AA flight discount certificate after spending $20k on the Citi Platinum Select MC? Citi's customer service reps were clueless, so I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has received the discount and could shed some light.

Thanks!

Carl Christensen Feb 21, 2019 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Blootie Patootie (Post 30801073)
Has anyone been approved for any Citi AA Business card with their oldest account being 4 years or lower? Most comments on reddit in regards to this seem to say that you need at least one account that is 5+ years in age in order to be approved. Just wanted to double check my odds before pulling the trigger with my oldest account being only 3 years and 1 month old.

- my sons first Citi card was a Citi aa business card at age 18.5
- daughter got one at age 19

Blootie Patootie Feb 21, 2019 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen (Post 30804627)

Im assuming you didn't have them added as AU, for longer than 4 years? If so, thats great info, thank you!

Edit: Applied anyways, got 7-10 day message. Possibly only verification is required if I call reconsideration. Good sign since I wasn't auto denied?

geclub1 Feb 21, 2019 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen (Post 30804627)

But Citi AA Business does not report on personal credit reports. How do these help your kids?

Carl Christensen Feb 21, 2019 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Blootie Patootie (Post 30805653)
Im assuming you didn't have them added as AU, for longer than 4 years? If so, thats great info, thank you!

Originally Posted by geclub1 (Post 30805840)
But Citi AA Business does not report on personal credit reports. How do these help your kids?

First, I have actively managed my chillins' credit files by actively adding them to my cards as AU as early as age of 12-14. By the time they turned 18, they had credit files with years of credit history (thanks Amex etc).

Second, @geclub1 I'm not adding them as AU to Citi Bus AA cards, I'm applying for and getting them approved for new accounts with their own sign up bonus.

Third, the 18 y/o had 3 denied applications (personal+bus) before the 4 th app was successful. So try, try, try again and you can get someone approved even at age of 18.5.

Fourth, stated income may play a role .... o.0

Blootie Patootie Feb 21, 2019 11:47 am

Thanks for all the info Carl! What I've read is that you have to have an account thats 5 years or older, thats on their personal report, whether its an AU card from parents/siblings or a student loan or auto loan, as long as its 5 years+ in age and you have a decent credit score, approval is very likely. Most people who've received denials for Citi AA Biz have no account that is at least 5 years in age, Citi credit card or not, so thats what I was inquiring.

So it seems because you have had your kids as AUs on your cards since 12-14, their approvals were all but guaranteed :) you're a great parent for doing them such a huge favor early on though, kudos to you!

wyogold Feb 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Account closure via chat

DP: closed 3 Citi aadvantage plat accounts on 2 user accounts via chat. Rep wanted to give me number to call in, I said I understand you're able to close account via chat, can you please try that? and they did. I think the default is to shunt to a phone call to increase the barrier to closing (guilt costumers into keeping open or so). Anyways I just had to ask and then they closed without further hassle

nall Feb 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Barclays cards are losing the 10% rebate. Wonder if this feature will stick around for Citi cards.

Adelphos Feb 28, 2019 4:25 am

Looking to potentially apply for some Citi AA cards later in March. Can I apply for two cards (Say the MileUp and the Platinum) on the same day?

mia Feb 28, 2019 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos (Post 30830724)
....Can I apply for two cards (Say the MileUp and the Platinum) on the same day?

Short answer: Most people would not.

Please read FAQ 4 in the Wikipost at the top of this thread to understand Citi's application timing rules and how they interact.

beachfan Mar 1, 2019 8:16 am

Originally Posted by nall (Post 30830070)
Barclays cards are losing the 10% rebate. Wonder if this feature will stick around for Citi cards.

reported today that it will be ended 4/30. Don’t understand how someone who just took out the card could get the benefits cut right after paying the fee based on an offer that touted the benefit.

Abidjan Mar 1, 2019 8:42 am

Agreed. Ridiculous. Will use the 10% rebate and then downgrade immediately.

GarlicFlyer Mar 1, 2019 11:44 pm

I will try to get a refund if the annual fee as a result of this change

AlexTheMan Mar 5, 2019 9:20 am

Received email today from AA stating that 10% is going away for Citi cards as well as of 4/30/19 :(