FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

MaxVO Jun 4, 2019 1:12 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31168318)
I applied online. Got 7-10 day language, called in, entered social security number, and they say they can't locate my application.

Did you not get a ref.# during the app process? If so, I would wait to get that # in a letter or a phone call/message from the bank. There's always a potential to make a bigger mess by trying to extract the app info from the bank without one of the 2 critical numbers.

bailey911 Jun 4, 2019 7:31 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 31167186)
Has anyone been able to get other credit while pursuing Citi mailers? The number of new accounts seems to make this very difficult with most issuers.

Have gotten 2 Amex and surprisingly a 2nd BOA Biz Alaska last week. Wondering if anyone here has gotten a Barclays Biz but seems like they are 6/24 for most people.

yoshapman Jun 4, 2019 7:59 am

Craaaaaap....

I applied online. Got 7-10 day language, called in, entered social security number, and they say they can't locate my application. I must have made a typo entering it?

After 2 attempts at SS#, it asked me to press 1 if I applied online. I did and it said the department I was trying to reach was closed. Are they not 24/7? This was a bit before 11:30pm PT

I'm going to call in tomorrow, hope I can get through to a real person, and see if they can correct the social on my app? Once I had made a typo in my phone number and they were able to correct that.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Same happened to me last week and i definitely entered the SS correctly. Had to speak to a US agent (always try and get one overseas) but they approved it no problem, so just another Citi IT issue of Citi being Citi.

40orFight Jun 4, 2019 9:20 am

Originally Posted by yoshapman (Post 31169124)
Same happened to me last week and i definitely entered the SS correctly. Had to speak to a US agent (always try and get one overseas) but they approved it no problem, so just another Citi IT issue of Citi being Citi.

Yea, I had this happen a couple days ago as well. Seems to be just another Citi issue at the moment ;)

You can confirm you originally entered the right SSN if you received a pull on your credit report(s). I suspect you did, and that you're just having the same Citi IT issue as the rest of us. When you get someone live at Citi, they can still pull it up by the application ID.

VegasGambler Jun 4, 2019 10:48 am

Yup, it worked. No income verification this time either.

gumercindo Jun 4, 2019 12:02 pm

SIAP but I would caution folks who push for matches (regardless if it's 5k or 10/15k). If it can be done via chat, ok, I think. But, if the CSR says something about "having to run by customer service/marketing" bail quickly. For me, Marketing eventually got back to me (snail mail) and told me I wasn't solicited for the offer I mentioned. In other words, since the mailer wasn't in my name, I was no longer eligible for the 60k bonus. So, be forewarned - collect your 60k and be onto the next one.

JMO.

VegasGambler Jun 4, 2019 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31170074)
SIAP but I would caution folks who push for matches (regardless if it's 5k or 10/15k). If it can be done via chat, ok, I think. But, if the CSR says something about "having to run by customer service/marketing" bail quickly. For me, Marketing eventually got back to me (snail mail) and told me I wasn't solicited for the offer I mentioned. In other words, since the mailer wasn't in my name, I was no longer eligible for the 60k bonus. So, be forewarned - collect your 60k and be onto the next one.

JMO.

No, that's not what that means. Twice, I've got that same reply via mail and I still got the main bonus (just not the match).

When they say that you were not solicited for the offer, they are referring to the offer that you are trying to match to. You still get the bonus on the offer that you used to sign up.

flyer4512 Jun 4, 2019 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 31167987)
No Chase, no Barclays, no BofA, no Cap One . . . basically nothing except a very rare Amex no-lifetime offer. I have one offer now for a Delta Amex without 24 month language. I know I can get the card, but I don't know if they'll give me the bonus.

I never heard of AMEX 24 month language, AFAIK it's once in a lifetime.

My wife, dad and I have received every bonus on every card we applied for using the offers bypassing the AMEX once in a lifetime limit.

A good test on the DL Amex card is to buy the $50 Gift card or if you have a flight make an inflight purchase. If AMEX denies the bonus they also deny the $50 credit. If you get the $50 credit you are good to go.

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 31168121)
In my experience only Amex doesnt care if you're at 24/24

Amex often has a pop up that will tell you if you won't receive the bonus, chances are you will see this at LOL/24

IkeEsq Jun 4, 2019 4:40 pm

Craaaaaap....

I applied online. Got 7-10 day language, called in, entered social security number, and they say they can't locate my application. I must have made a typo entering it?

After 2 attempts at SS#, it asked me to press 1 if I applied online. I did and it said the department I was trying to reach was closed. Are they not 24/7? This was a bit before 11:30pm PT

I'm going to call in tomorrow, hope I can get through to a real person, and see if they can correct the social on my app? Once I had made a typo in my phone number and they were able to correct that.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, I got the same thing this morning, except that I was just transferred to the normal overseas CSR. Gave them the AppID and I was fine. They did insist on hanging up and calling my home number though. Whatever. A couple of hours later they called for my wife's app and she got approved with only a question or two.

bigshooter Jun 4, 2019 6:23 pm

Anybody see July mailers yet?

gumercindo Jun 4, 2019 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31170125)
No, that's not what that means. Twice, I've got that same reply via mail and I still got the main bonus (just not the match).

When they say that you were not solicited for the offer, they are referring to the offer that you are trying to match to. You still get the bonus on the offer that you used to sign up.

That's what I had thought originally but I read about a couple DPs on /r/churning about Citi completely clawing back (or possibly it was not issuing) the bonus. I'll wait a bit longer, then. Thanks for the heads up!

Robl Jun 4, 2019 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 31171266)
Anybody see July mailers yet?

I have a 75k business mailer with a 7/31 exp but no personal mailers after June.

PETERPNYC Jun 5, 2019 10:31 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31169765)
Yup, it worked. No income verification this time either.

dropped my income by 10K but CPA letter was sent in as 10K higher .

Grilled about the difference , The CSR adjusted my non-taxable income, and spent quite a bit of time on my application. Did not approve it I will receive a letter in the mail as to how to proceed, if there is a way to be approved.

Very nitpicky CSR in my opinion lowering income two times has not worked for me

Have been asked for income statements at least eight out of the last 10 times.

Anyone else have this basically unsolvable problem?

PresskittJon Jun 5, 2019 11:21 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 31173343)

dropped my income by 10K but CPA letter was sent in as 10K higher .

Grilled about the difference , The CSR adjusted my non-taxable income, and spent quite a bit of time on my application. Did not approve it I will receive a letter in the mail as to how to proceed, if there is a way to be approved.

Very nitpicky CSR in my opinion lowering income two times has not worked for me

Have been asked for income statements at least eight out of the last 10 times.

Anyone else have this basically unsolvable problem?

That's why I've always been a vocal proponent of just listing your provable income. The idea that artificially lowering it eventually leading to no income verification was always just confirmation bias.

slappychasez Jun 5, 2019 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31170074)

JMO.

Not sure I agree with this. I asked for a 5K match last week and just received a letter today confirming I am receiving the extra 5K. This was on the first try via chat.