FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

RobertHanson May 23, 2019 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by jkoenig51 (Post 31130926)
no mailers for me, could end up flying coach.

:eek:

Robl May 23, 2019 3:40 pm

Got a 75k/5k/5 month Business card offer today with 7/31 expiration. For those waiting for offers just grab the Barclay 75k/1k business card (with $95 fee) while it lasts https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

flyer4512 May 23, 2019 3:49 pm

I know it has worked in the past ( with a few exceptions if I remember correctly) but has anyone used a 5/15 mailer after the expiration date ? We still have 3 so that would carry us until July assuming the 2 months past expiration date still applies . Thanks

ninim2200 May 23, 2019 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31132265)
... has anyone used a 5/15 mailer after the expiration date ?

I used a 5/15 mailer on 5/17, it worked fine.

ninim2200 May 23, 2019 5:29 pm

I believe that Citi starts sending out personal mailers around 45-50 days before expiration so we should start seeing 7/15 mailers starting next week. for anyone in a jam for a mailer, they can create a new account with a new email and wait for eMailers with 9 digit codes, in march i created a new account and in April and May i got 2 separate emails with a 9 digit code, this might be a way to get more mailer sources.

tscateh May 23, 2019 6:58 pm

eMailers

I've never received eMailers, only paper mailers. I wonder why.

LWT3 May 23, 2019 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 31132227)
Got a 75k/5k/5 month Business card offer today with 7/31 expiration. For those waiting for offers just grab the Barclay 75k/1k business card (with $95 fee) while it lasts https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

Barclays has been shooting some people down who have too many recent applications. I am in that camp, and I just assumed that everyone in this thread would be blocked the same way.

bigshooter May 23, 2019 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 31133036)
Barclays has been shooting some people down who have too many recent applications. I am in that camp, and I just assumed that everyone in this thread would be blocked the same way.

i was approved for biz card but shot down on personal for maximum number of that product. I have had both in the last 12-18 months.

Biz card might still worth a shot and not take up a personal app slot.

GH83 May 24, 2019 9:07 am

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 31133231)

i was approved for biz card but shot down on personal for maximum number of that product. I have had both in the last 12-18 months.

Biz card might still worth a shot and not take up a personal app slot.

This could work. BOA approved me for a business card last month despite being 24+/24. Barclays hasn't approved me in years.

9Benua May 24, 2019 9:22 am

Originally Posted by allthem (Post 31129087)
For match requests, has anyone tried just faxing in a screenshot of the public offer to see if they will match it? I know this previously wasn't possible with the 75k match, but given that it is the current public offer, it should work, shouldn't it?

So asking the scanned offer is now the SOP for matching bonus? I can't get them to match my latest card. Oh well.

bobert24 May 24, 2019 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by tscateh (Post 31132730)
I've never received eMailers, only paper mailers. I wonder why.

Same here. New accounts, old accounts, it doesn't matter - no emailed codes for my family.

ninim2200 May 25, 2019 5:59 am

I was able to close an account via chat, initially they stated to call in, i said i would rather not call and would like to take care of it here( via chat), so they did.

MaxVO May 25, 2019 6:51 am

It's also easy to close by phone way after hours (e.g. midnight) via the CS robot. Since this method accesses only one account, this assures that the correct account is closed. You may need to speak a couple words in the process, like "close" and "yes".

StartinSanDiego May 25, 2019 10:14 am

I've just learned that "View E Communications" will show all the letters they send, including match denials/approvals or requests for more information, before they arrive in snail mail.

LWT3 May 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Successfully closed an account by chat just now. This was a card opened in November last year. The only time I've had a problem closing by chat was when I tried to close one that had been open only about 3 months.

Edited to add: I just closed a second card via chat. This was a card I opened in January.