FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

MaxVO Jul 22, 2019 11:55 am

Thanks. The pertinent paragraph from the previous Wiki should still be accurate, as there were no DPs to the contrary.

lw7878 Jul 22, 2019 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by lw7878 (Post 31322120)
I also received the 7-10 days message. Called a few days later and was told to wait for a letter. The rep said the letter should tell me something about requirements. Who knows what the letter will say!

DP: The snail mail finally arrived one week later. It asked me to call Citi. After giving the code on the letter and confirming my address, the rep processed my application and told me I was approved! The rep also mentioned the detail of the deal. That was very nice of her. Yeah~~

catsfroggy1 Jul 22, 2019 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly (Post 31318553)
If the e-mailed offers are actually nontransferable, why are we discussing whether we are getting them, how to get them, how many twin brothers we have, etc? Am I missing something?

They are transferable. I have gotten 4 platinum card approvals using the same email address from the mailers. Including 2 in the last 3 weeks. I get the emails like clockwork. But I work with a company that is in the top 100 in business travel expenses and use that email address. I wonder if that is why I get so many emails.

flyer4512 Jul 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Has anyone received the 5k match lately. I just activated a new card and was wondering if it's even worth asking as I was denied via snail mail last time. Thanks

Craig Stevens Jul 22, 2019 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31331812)
Has anyone received the 5k match lately. I just activated a new card and was wondering if it's even worth asking as I was denied via snail mail last time. Thanks

Not worth the effort to put eyes on your account for 5K extra points, or worse derailing the train. I've seen at least one DP of the SUB not posting after requesting a match. I'd go as far as being in favor of removing all text in the wiki that references matching.

flyer4512 Jul 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Craig Stevens (Post 31331873)
Not worth the effort to put eyes on your account for 5K extra points, or worse derailing the train. I've seen at least one DP of the SUB not posting after requesting a match. I'd go as far as being in favor of removing all text in the wiki that references matching.

I have received about thirty matches over the years via this AA churn............the people in chat or SM have no say about your accounts and Citi is well aware of what is going on here.

If the SUB didn't post something else went wrong...........

Craig Stevens Jul 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31331880)
I have received about thirty matches over the years via this AA churn............the people in chat or SM have no say about your accounts and Citi is well aware of what is going on here.

The matching strategy has worked up until the past few months, of which you are well aware since you asked the question.

Saturn Jul 23, 2019 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Craig Stevens (Post 31331910)
The matching strategy has worked up until the past few months, of which you are well aware since you asked the question.

flyer4512 is correct. If there is an isolated DP of a bonus not posting it is not about "eyes on your account". A particular offer is baked into the invite code and will be attached to the account automatically.
Worrying about a single CSR looking at a single account out of hundreds per day is also misplaced when the problem is out in the open in concentrated form in places like this one. The train will derail and we might already be in the midst of this, but it won't happen over someone wanting 5k more.
I know that matching requests are not encouraged anymore. It is still possible to get an "adjustment" with reference to an extant higher offer, but it will require getting a CSR who is authorized to approve it. For that reason one should chat during regular business hours.

NTP9766 Jul 23, 2019 4:15 am

I didn't bother asking for a match on my last card because I met the spend on day one and closed the card immediately after the statement posted.

jiaogulan Jul 23, 2019 6:13 am

15,000 match denied months ago, 5,000 match denied a month ago. Clearly they changed a policy. Personally, I am done asking but if people continue to ask here and there and it churns up evidence that the policy is reversed favorably in the future, have at it.

PresskittJon Jul 23, 2019 9:59 am

"Eyes on account" has been debunked over and over with this Citi AA fiasco.

Yeah it makes logical sense that no one in their right mind would allow people to get dozens of the same exact card. However, ignore what you think may happen and follow the hard data.

wiivile Jul 23, 2019 10:29 am

I still would love to know why, when the whole credit card industry is tightening up sign-up bonus churning (Chase, AMEX, even Citi themselves on their other cards), Citi does not particularly care about people getting dozens of AA cards+signup bonuses via this particular method.

cheaptom Jul 23, 2019 10:35 am

I usually start a chat when I need to lower a credit line or to cancel a card. Lately, the chat reps are getting more difficult. Some tell me I need to CALL in to cancel a card. Twice lately they tried to get me to a retention number for a special offer. (I suppose it wouldn't hurt to hear that offer, but I was in a hurry and said No thanks).

Since SM has gone away and many more of use are using chat, just wondering your experiences using chat vs. SM lately?

mia Jul 23, 2019 10:47 am

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31333766)
I still would love to know why....

I gather you did not like the answer that I proposed when you asked this question in May?

wiivile Jul 23, 2019 10:52 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31333827)
I gather you did not like the answer that I proposed when you asked this question in May?

Sorry, I don't buy it. They are giving away thousands of dollars to what are already their least profitable customers.