FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

StartinSanDiego Jul 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Do your emailed offers include this?

Apply today using your non-transferable, exclusive invitation number XXXXX. This number can be used one time to apply for this credit card offer.

Craig Stevens Jul 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but is the rule of thumb to apply for two personals in a 65 day window and one business in a 95 day window?

ninim2200 Jul 18, 2019 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego (Post 31318446)
Do your emailed offers include this?

Apply today using your non-transferable, exclusive invitation number XXXXX. This number can be used one time to apply for this credit card offer.

yes all e-Mailers i got have this language.

SeeBuyFly Jul 18, 2019 4:18 pm

If the e-mailed offers are actually nontransferable, why are we discussing whether we are getting them, how to get them, how many twin brothers we have, etc? Am I missing something?

Happy Jul 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Craig Stevens (Post 31318468)
Excuse my ignorance, but is the rule of thumb to apply for two personals in a 65 day window and one business in a 95 day window?

You NEED to read the Wiki - in particularly to understand the cardinal rule of no more than 2 applications in 65 days period - means ANY application.

bigshooter Jul 18, 2019 7:56 pm

are all of the email offers free of the 48 month language?

just had all my family members update their settings so we can take advantage

muji Jul 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL (Post 31318095)
heads up - saw the 48month Language there

Originally Posted by jiaogulan (Post 31317886)
basically the same as a public (non mailer) offer, right?

I double-checked. You are correct; it contained the 48-month language.

muji Jul 18, 2019 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 31319095)

They have been for me and my family. But it's always prudent to double check on that.

muji Jul 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly (Post 31318553)
If the e-mailed offers are actually nontransferable, why are we discussing whether we are getting them...

If I remember correctly, that "non-transferable" stipulation has always been part of the application, but you can still change the pre-filled-in name to yours, apply, get approved, and get the miles.

ninim2200 Jul 19, 2019 6:08 am

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 31319095)

This is a general statement; 9 digit code e-Mailers are so far free of the 48 month language( you should always read the email, check the terms, and application page), you might get an email to apply without an invitation code or with a 12 digit code, which will have the 48 month restriction or other restrictions, so the answer to your question is NO, not all email offers are free of the 48 month language.

jiaogulan Jul 19, 2019 7:21 am

Stuff is very random. Scoured deeper into my dog's email account, and I have an email with a 9 digit code from Aug 2018. Completely missed it, it expired 7 days after issue, and not one emailed offer since.

Subject Line: Jump Start your AAdvantage membership with this bonus miles offer

Oh yeah, this same account got 3-4 physical mailers as well as recent as the May/June batch I believe it was.

Namaste1 Jul 19, 2019 7:36 am

Originally Posted by jiaogulan (Post 31320259)
Stuff is very random. Scoured deeper into my dog's email account, and I have an email with a 9 digit code from Aug 2018. Completely missed it, it expired 7 days after issue, and not one emailed offer since.

Subject Line: Jump Start your AAdvantage membership with this bonus miles offer

Oh yeah, this same account got 3-4 physical mailers as well as recent as the May/June batch I believe it was.

Exactly the same experience for one of my relatives.

wiivile Jul 19, 2019 10:08 am

I have been using disposable email services like 10minutemail to make AA accounts, so I'm screwed there. Is there another email service I can use for this that doesn't require cell phone authentication?

wyogold Jul 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31320750)
I have been using disposable email services like 10minutemail to make AA accounts, so I'm screwed there. Is there another email service I can use for this that doesn't require cell phone authentication?

wat? just change the email address in the account.

wiivile Jul 19, 2019 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 31321661)
wat? just change the email address in the account.

Sorry, what?