FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

NTP9766 Jul 30, 2019 4:20 am

Originally Posted by newdaybegin (Post 31357029)
Hello would you able to send me the link of the thread? I look at Reddit under Churining I do not there is such a thread like AA CIti code? thank you!

https://www.reddit.com/r/churningmarketplace/

It's a moderated sub, so you have to ask for access. They'll turn you away unless you have a history in Reddit's churning sub.

flew-d-coop Jul 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31354279)
2 more weeks (8/15) before all current e-mailers and paper mailers are completely done, no?

On 8/15 i will be 39 days since 7/7 app and well over 65 days since 5/2 app. The problem is that once in the past my wife had trouble re-applying <65 days. So, we've been right around 3.5 months between apps with natural spend....

Should I risk it and go for 39 days? decisions, decisions ...

fredc84 Jul 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by flew-d-coop (Post 31360173)
On 8/15 i will be 39 days since 7/7 app and well over 65 days since 5/2 app. The problem is that once in the past my wife had trouble re-applying <65 days. So, we've been right around 3.5 months between apps with natural spend....

Depending on what you mean by 'trouble' but about 6 to 8 months ago we were doing apps every 33 days and had gotten to the point where they were asking for documentation (proof of income, etc.) for every app. I backed off to one every 45 days (they stopped asking for proof, but still had to phone verify), and when I went to between 45 and 60 days, we got back to auto-approvals. With the end of this run (of physical mailers, possibly) I needed to fit in our last apps with a 33 day gap again, previous gap being 45 days...we were both auto-approved. Of course, YMMV.

flyer4512 Jul 30, 2019 3:36 pm

Don't forget there are 31 days in July so those 6/15 personal mailers may expire on 8/14.

flew-d-coop Jul 31, 2019 7:10 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31360409)
Don't forget there are 31 days in July so those 6/15 personal mailers may expire on 8/14.

You are correct, many thanks... It would have really sucked to be off by one day

flew-d-coop Jul 31, 2019 8:09 am

Originally Posted by fredc84 (Post 31360301)
Depending on what you mean by 'trouble' but about 6 to 8 months ago we were doing apps every 33 days and had gotten to the point where they were asking for documentation (proof of income, etc.) for every app. I backed off to one every 45 days (they stopped asking for proof, but still had to phone verify), and when I went to between 45 and 60 days, we got back to auto-approvals. With the end of this run (of physical mailers, possibly) I needed to fit in our last apps with a 33 day gap again, previous gap being 45 days...we were both auto-approved. Of course, YMMV.

The problem my wife had was that she seemed to be limited to one card every 60 days (FAQ # 22 without breaking 8/65). We did call in and eventually got approved but it spooked her and we never did fully understand if she was always going to be bitten by that bug. So, to keep peace, she started only applying on day 65+. But with no more mailers coming my way it may be time for one last hurrah.

Has there been anyone else recently seeing denials for more then 1 card per 60 days?

gumercindo Jul 31, 2019 8:13 am

My last successful app was at 63 days.

Couple questions on biz mailers - I know it's 1/90 but I was under the impression that you still had to comply with 2/65 (personal or business). Is this correct?

For those that have been doing biz apps AND churning personal apps, does Citi typically force recon calls? If so, how difficult are those calls?

fletchbo Jul 31, 2019 9:04 am

TCB portal not tracking CB?

I have been meeting min spend requirements for these AA cards by buying the MCGCs on Giftcards.com, via the TopCash Back portal. After 7/4, TCB stopped tracking my purchases at GCs.com. I know I can manually request cash back, but it is a time-waster, and if I am going to continue buying GCs to meet MSR, I would like to get cashback without fighting for it.

I am staying well under the TCB monthly limits.

I placed an order for GCs.com yesterday via the Ebates CB portal. I hope the CB tracks.

Has anyone else had issues with TCB NOT tracking purchases at GCs.com since 7/4, and any better experiences with Ebates, or any other portals?

Thanks!

Namaste1 Jul 31, 2019 10:05 am

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31362826)
My last successful app was at 63 days.

Couple questions on biz mailers - I know it's 1/90 but I was under the impression that you still had to comply with 2/65 (personal or business). Is this correct?

For those that have been doing biz apps AND churning personal apps, does Citi typically force recon calls? If so, how difficult are those calls?

Yes, that's correct. we've been doing both types of mailers for the past couple of years. I almost always get instant approvals for personal and biz while my SO either has to call Citi or Citi will call my SO to be approved most times. The calls only involve the rep verifying that SO is the one who applied for the card. We were never asked about income or # of cards opened/ closed. YMMV.

gumercindo Jul 31, 2019 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1 (Post 31363334)
Yes, that's correct. we've been doing both types of mailers for the past couple of years. I almost always get instant approvals for personal and biz while my SO either has to call Citi or Citi will call my SO to be approved most times. The calls only involve the rep verifying that SO is the one who applied for the card. We were never asked about income or # of cards opened/ closed. YMMV.

thanks. Applied for the biz and was instantly denied. First biz card with Citi. Will call recon to see what the deal is.

flyer4512 Jul 31, 2019 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31363586)
thanks. Applied for the biz and was instantly denied. First biz card with Citi. Will call recon to see what the deal is.

Please keep us posted as my wife and I are planning to get our first AA business cards in the near future

gumercindo Jul 31, 2019 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31363954)
Please keep us posted as my wife and I are planning to get our first AA business cards in the near future

Yep, just called. I was told that "because of the recency of my last personal app..." as being the reason for the decline. On reddit, there were conflicting DPs as to whether or not Biz apps were considered in Citi's 2/65 algorithm. Some said yes, some said no. I had access to a biz public offer with no limiting language so I gave it a shot.

For reference, my recent approvals were:

5/10 - personal (approval)
6/4 - personal (approval)
7/12 - personal (approval)
7/31 - biz (decline)

And FTR, I applied with my EIN and this was my first Citi Biz app. I have one more personal mailer that I hope to process in about 10-11 days.

cajunguy Jul 31, 2019 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 31358048)
https://www.reddit.com/r/churningmarketplace/

It's a moderated sub, so you have to ask for access. They'll turn you away unless you have a history in Reddit's churning sub.

interesting that it's now a closed area. I was able to trade codes in the past, like 6 months ago. I haven't been active in churning for a while. I messaged the mods, hopefully they'll let me in!

SanDiego1K Jul 31, 2019 2:31 pm

My husband applied for a business card using a targeted mailer. It immediately showed as pending. He received a call and was told he either needed to submit his annual taxes for the business or his articles of incorporation that showed he was the owner. He submitted the latter and is now awaiting word from Citi.

mia Jul 31, 2019 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 31364494)
... annual taxes for the business or his articles of incorporation that showed he was the owner. ....

He applied using a company name, rather than his own name, as the business name?