FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

mia Jul 16, 19 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by BaconSF (Post 31310187)
.... Do they work the same way as the physical mailers? Or does the 24-48 month language apply?

Yes, the answer was posted four minutes before you asked:

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31310164)
e-Mailers with 9 digit codes work the same way as physical mailers, ( expect they expire on the listed date, no 2 month extension)

venkallu Jul 16, 19 1:37 pm

Got a business e-mailer today with 9 digit code but the app shows the 48 month language. Is it new now?

NTP9766 Jul 16, 19 1:45 pm

I take it back. I forgot about one e-mail account that I use for something else and have never logged into, and I have four emailers in there from the past 5 months. The latest expired in June.

muji Jul 16, 19 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan (Post 31310121)
Received similar 50k/2.5k email offer today with 8/5/2019 expiration.

My twin brother just got one too.
The same 50k/2.5k email offer.

Edited to add: The application still allows changing of names, etc., as before.

Edited again to add: I checked quickly, but didn't notice any 24- or 48-month language.

ninim2200 Jul 16, 19 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by venkallu (Post 31310230)
Got a business e-mailer today with 9 digit code but the app shows the 48 month language. Is it new now?

if the app page show 48 month language, then don't apply, your email terms probably show the 48 month language as well.

ninim2200 Jul 16, 19 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31309944)
Just received a new emailer with 9 digit code :D expiration 8/5/2019 ( 50K bonus - 2.5K spending)

I also received a third e-Mailer with 60k-3k spending

wyogold Jul 16, 19 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31310869)

Question: Language contains "Card offer: American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi® / AAdvantage® card (other than a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card) opened or closed in the past 24 months."?

tscateh Jul 16, 19 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 31311041)
Question: Language contains "Card offer: American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi® / AAdvantage® card (other than a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card) opened or closed in the past 24 months."?

I didn't see that in mine. Where did you see it?

muji Jul 16, 19 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by muji (Post 31310292)
I checked quickly, but didn't notice any 24- or 48-month language

bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi® / AAdvantage® card ...opened or closed in the past 24 months

I just double-checked my 50k emailed offer again; found no such 24-month restriction. Seems that that restriction is just in the 60k offer.

flyer4512 Jul 16, 19 6:44 pm

Good news, I believe emailers have firm expiration dates so don't wait past 8/5 to use them

Happy Jul 16, 19 7:48 pm

SIL no.2 rec'd an email mailer 50K $2500 expires 8/05/19 - so very short shelf life as email mailer does not go beyond official expiry. She always only rec'd emailer.

SIL no.1 only got paper mailers and that has stopped.

Full T&Cs here - do not see any restrictive language.
This offer is valid for new accounts only. You must be at least 18 years of age. If you're married, you may apply for a separate account. The Card offer referenced in this communication is only available to individuals who reside in the United States and its territories, excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. Your eligibility for a particular product and service is subject to a final determination by Citibank. This communication is not and should not be construed as, an offer to individuals outside of the United States. Citibank, N.A., Sioux Falls, SD, ("Citi," "we" or "us") is the issuer of your account. Please allow 4 weeks from date of submission to process your Card Account application.You understand and agree that by submitting this application you are furnishing all information in this application to Citi and that this information may be used in accordance with Citi’s Privacy Notice, available below. You also agree that the information you are providing herein must be verifiable and accurate. By submitting this application, you request that Citi establish a [Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World EliteTM Mastercard®] account (the "Card Account") to you and any authorized users you have designated. The Card Account will be governed by the terms of the card agreement ("Card Agreement") provided when the Card Account is issued.By submitting this application you understand and agree that you are also furnishing your personal information to American Airlines for purposes of enrolling or verifying your enrollment in the AAdvantage® program. American Airlines may use your personal information in accordance with its Privacy Policy, available at
If you are not an AAdvantage® member or did not provide an AAdvantage® account number in your application, you consent to enrollment in the AAdvantage® program, which is governed by the

ninim2200 Jul 16, 19 8:36 pm

No Such language was found in the email, terms or application page.

milaohu Jul 16, 19 11:10 pm

Have you selected both "AAdvantage promotions" and "News and offers" in Email and fare alerts settings?

https://www.aa.com/loyalty/profile/alerts

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31310869)

ninim2200 Jul 17, 19 6:28 am

Originally Posted by milaohu (Post 31311795)

Have you selected both "AAdvantage promotions" and "News and offers" in Email and fare alerts settings?

https://www.aa.com/loyalty/profile/alerts

I checked all 4 options under "News and specials"

NTP9766 Jul 17, 19 6:31 am

It must be hit or miss, because those options are all selected for my accounts, yet only one of them has apparently ever receiver emailed offers.