Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by thomasmessi
each point is equal to 1.3 based on the best use case which is buying air tickets.
But is it 3x or 4x, cause TYPs are also valued more than 1c, I'd say something like 1.6-1.7c?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by yugi
You're missing Altitude Reserve. How is CitiBusiness TY card? Any useful? I'm planning to apply.
The CitiBusiness TY card is just ok. It has no annual fee, and it's a business card, so it avoids 5/24. The sign up bonus is 20,000 TY points after 3k spend (or 40,000 if you can find a match). The card can only be applied for in-branch as far as I know.

The bonus categories are worth 3x and fixed quarterly. Q1: Advertising/Office Supply/Professional Services and Q2: Computer Equipment and Software Merchants are the most potentially useful, because they are unique for a TY point card. However, they become mostly a redundancy if you have Chase Ink cards, which offer these categories at a higher bonus multiple. Nevertheless, if you are UR point rich and TY point poor, it may be in your interested to accrue TY points at the lower multiple some of the time. There is also an anniversary bonus based on your annual spend, but it is frankly pretty small and not worth thinking about unless you're running quite a lot of money through the card.

On the Thank You website (https://www.thankyou.com/cms/thankyou/tc.page?MID=tc&cmp=VAN), there is also a "CitiBusiness World Card with Citi Thank you Rewards". This card gives you 3x at Office Supply Merchants/Professional Services all year round, instead of just Q1, so that card may potentially be more valuable to the MSer/Reseller (although it doesn't look like you can apply for it online, and it's not clear if there is a sign up bonus. It's probably not possible to product change either).

All in all, I would apply for the Sears card before I applied for the CitiBusiness Thank You card, but I'm happy I have it in my portfolio as a long term hold.

At the end of the day, I believe the Citi Prestige is the best premium card currently in the market--in terms of earning rate, airline transfers (especially in light of the United devaluation), and benefits (with the $250 travel credit, Priority Pass, and 4th Night free, I can easily exceed the $350 annual fee). As long as my annual fee stays at $350 (and I believe it will, at least until my July 2020 annual fee hits), or as long as I continue to receive great retention bonuses (I've had the card for 4 years, I've only paid the annual fee once), this card will remain the top card in my wallet.
ddjen11, yugi and akr1970akr like this.

Last edited by KIcarus; Apr 15, 2019 at 2:38 am
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:38 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Citi updated their benefits guide on 4/14 to include the terms of the new Cell Phone protection benefit-- coverage is in line with what was reported by the blogs last month. It does appear that cardholders can start paying their cell phone bills this month, for coverage effective the first of the following month.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
The other important thing here (at least to me, hopefully to others) is that cell phones under lease from the cellular carriers are covered under this plan. The Ink Preferred does not cover leased phones.

New booklet (h/t to OMAAT): https://3ie87c2dond928rt2e2zzo8o-wpe...ts_FINAL-1.pdf
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
But is it 3x or 4x, cause TYPs are also valued more than 1c, I'd say something like 1.6-1.7c?
sure. but prestige still has limited categories which are air and restaurant to have x5.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
the cell phone coverage - while nice - isn't a very differentiated benefit. a lot of cards offer that.
like? I only know of the Wells Fargo card which I have had for a few years now.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:29 pm

How is CNB providing you 4x, I know that it's 3x, and the points are non-transferrable.
CNB points are worth approximately 1.3 cents apiece so 3 X 1.3 = 3.9 or ~ 4 cents.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by jamflyer
like? I only know of the Wells Fargo card which I have had for a few years now.
I know of only 4:
1) Ink Preferred
2) Wells Fargo Consumer
3) Uber Visa
4) Citi Prestige

ETA: Just announced that all World and World Elite MasterCards will now have cell phone insurance coverage.

Last edited by DrAlex; Apr 16, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:31 am

Does anyone know what will happen to CitiGold/in-branch $350 AF accounts? The official notice said the fees may go up and we will get notice in April.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by KIcarus
The CitiBusiness TY card is just ok. It has no annual fee, and it's a business card, so it avoids 5/24. The sign up bonus is 20,000 TY points after 3k spend (or 40,000 if you can find a match). The card can only be applied for in-branch as far as I know.

The bonus categories are worth 3x and fixed quarterly. Q1: Advertising/Office Supply/Professional Services and Q2: Computer Equipment and Software Merchants are the most potentially useful, because they are unique for a TY point card. However, they become mostly a redundancy if you have Chase Ink cards, which offer these categories at a higher bonus multiple. Nevertheless, if you are UR point rich and TY point poor, it may be in your interested to accrue TY points at the lower multiple some of the time. There is also an anniversary bonus based on your annual spend, but it is frankly pretty small and not worth thinking about unless you're running quite a lot of money through the card.

On the Thank You website (https://www.thankyou.com/cms/thankyou/tc.page?MID=tc&cmp=VAN), there is also a "CitiBusiness World Card with Citi Thank you Rewards". This card gives you 3x at Office Supply Merchants/Professional Services all year round, instead of just Q1, so that card may potentially be more valuable to the MSer/Reseller (although it doesn't look like you can apply for it online, and it's not clear if there is a sign up bonus. It's probably not possible to product change either).
thanks great info, do you know if the TY points earned thru business cards can be combined with Prestige and transferred to airlines?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by Nick92
Does anyone know what will happen to CitiGold/in-branch $350 AF accounts? The official notice said the fees may go up and we will get notice in April.
I’m currently CitiPriority and was planning to upgrade to CitiGold to keep the lower AF. Just got a notice about the increased fee, and that it would take effect on my next renewal date (September in my case). There was no mention of a lower fee option for CG clients. I also went on to the Citi website and both the Prestige and CitiGold pages have no mention of the benefit. Was this always the case or Is the lower fee now dead as a CG benefit? I’m pretty sure it used to be spelled out on the site.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:38 pm

Thank you for this data point. I am fake Citi Priority (signed up for CP and then downgraded) and just received notice of AF increase from $350 to $495. I was unsure if this applied to ACTUAL Citi Priority account holders. Now I know.

Post #325 above is from last month and he stated he's CG and his AF is $350, after having applied for the $495 card. So, it looks like you would continue at $350 if you upgrade from CP to CG.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by daslax
I’m currently CitiPriority...
Originally Posted by holyPockets
Thank you for this data point. I am fake Citi Priority...
Thanks for the info. The part I wonder about is whether the in-branch $350 accounts and the former CG $350 accounts will remain or get targeted for the higher fee. So far no data points on that.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Prior Citi Gold, currently The Citibank Account Package. Just received my confirmation via mail that fee a $495 fee will be charged in September.

Last edited by firemandan9; Apr 25, 2019 at 7:45 pm
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by holyPockets
Thank you for this data point. I am fake Citi Priority (signed up for CP and then downgraded) and just received notice of AF increase from $350 to $495. I was unsure if this applied to ACTUAL Citi Priority account holders. Now I know.

Post #325 above is from last month and he stated he's CG and his AF is $350, after having applied for the $495 card. So, it looks like you would continue at $350 if you upgrade from CP to CG.
The DP from March doesn’t necessarily settle matters. We know that CG was exempted from the fee increase increase initially, but the AF increase notices just went out for existing users and are not effective until the first renewal after 9/1. There’s no mention of CG lower fee and now all web references to the lower fee are gone too. So my question is whether they’ve made yet another devaluation effective Sep that no one will be excluded from the higher AF. If there are current CGs who received the latest update notice without an AF increase, that would settle it (although even in that case, could be grandfathered in and new CGs may not be eligible).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.