Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by winterjs
Recently signed up for the card. Did my first 4th night free reservation yesterday, over the phone. They asked for and added my Hyatt number and the reservation showed up on my Hyatt account before I hung up. They also booked a Hyatt 4th night free rate and sent confirmation I will get statement credit for one night of the average nightly rate.
Are you saying you got the hyatt 4th night free (hotel promo) and will get a statement credit? (which I assume will be 75% of the nightly rate since you are technically only paying for 3 nights?)
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by neony77
Are you saying you got the hyatt 4th night free (hotel promo) and will get a statement credit? (which I assume will be 75% of the nightly rate since you are technically only paying for 3 nights?)
My understanding as well.

If nightly rate is $100/night over 4 nights and Hyatt offering one night free (no longer relevant whether the 4th night is the free night), then you should be getting a credit of $75.

Previously, if the 4th night is "free" from the hotel, the prestige credit would be $0.

Multiple agent have informed me the email stating the credit is non binding. The amount determined when they verify the stay actually occurred is what you get. This is backed up by observations on foreign stays. Previously, the fx rate in effect when you book the reservation determined the amount of the credit. The last several foreign stay credit I got differed than the original email. Sometimes it was to my advantage and other time it was not.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:59 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Anyone see this list from TPG. Some high end redemptions. Of note I see a couple villas, residences, and a manor on the list..
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
My understanding as well.

If nightly rate is $100/night over 4 nights and Hyatt offering one night free (no longer relevant whether the 4th night is the free night), then you should be getting a credit of $75.

Previously, if the 4th night is "free" from the hotel, the prestige credit would be $0.

Multiple agent have informed me the email stating the credit is non binding. The amount determined when they verify the stay actually occurred is what you get. This is backed up by observations on foreign stays. Previously, the fx rate in effect when you book the reservation determined the amount of the credit. The last several foreign stay credit I got differed than the original email. Sometimes it was to my advantage and other time it was not.
Thanks! This might actually be one positive change and could be helpful in certain scenarios!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
So I'm looking to book a 4th night free (-25%) with a Hyatt 3rd night free + breakfast rate. Two questions:

1) In the past they would not allow me to book a breakfast rate and forced me to book the lowest standard rate (in this case the Hyatt member rate w/ no breakfast or 3rd night free is $10/night cheaper). Is this still the policy? Any way around it? The 3rd night free is only offered w/ breakfast.

2) If I wanted to book a "family plan" rate with second room 50% off, would Citi apply the 4th night free to the family package? Hyatt tells me they book it all together at once. I'm assuming no.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 9, 2017 at 10:56 am
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:16 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Anyone see this list from TPG. Some high end redemptions. Of note I see a couple villas, residences, and a manor on the list..
I glanced over it and wasn't clear whether they actually took advantage of the benefit at these properties/room type or merely assemble an "aspiration/click bait" list of properties where one could potentially take advantage of the credit at.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:19 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by seawolf
I glanced over it and wasn't clear whether they actually took advantage of the benefit at these properties/room type or merely assemble an "aspiration/click bait" list of properties where one could potentially take advantage of the credit at.
apparently Citi sent Tpg a list of the top ten redemptions so far in 2017. So presumably the list is of actual redemptions

fdw
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Is the portal hotel search really this bad?

With the concierge, I've always done my own searches and found the specific hotel and rate that I want beofre I contact them. But I figured I'd take thankyou.com out for a spin.

Looking for a hotel in Herndon, VA...
  • When I search for "Herndon, VA", it comes back with 495 results, basically the entire DC metro area.
  • It displays only 25 at a time - not configurable - so 20 pages of results.
  • There's no way to filter based on a detailed location.
  • There's no way to sort based on distance from search point.
  • There's a map view, but it only shows the same 25 as are on the results list page - and moving the map doesn't update the results shown.
  • Even paging through, the results seem randomly sorted. The first page has 24 right in the city of DC, but subsequent pages are mixed, some in downtown DC and others in various suburbs.

I was probably likely to keep booking via emails to the concierge anyway, to get AAA rates and to ensure loyalty credit, but how is anyone supposed to use this portal for anything but small towns with only a few hotels?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
I booked a stay for a Loews through email ([email protected]). My knowledge is that stays booked through phone or email, should result in qualifying nights in the loyalty programs (while website bookings are non-qualifying).

Actually the Loews website shows my stay as a non-qualifying stay.

Can you please clarify for me what is the actual status of this?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by illesus
Can you please clarify for me what is the actual status of this?
In part this depends on the terms of the program. Some disqualify all agency bookings, others only disqualify online travel agency or consolidator bookings. What is Loews policy?

Last edited by mia; Aug 10, 2017 at 11:28 am
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Member

IME with AMEX FHR rate, Loews website shows it is non-qualifying stay even when it is qualifying.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Thank you seawolf!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Stay ended 07/25 and credit posted 08/08. $1162 refunded on single stay. ^

Next goal to combine a luxury stay with Citi 4NF and property's 5NF!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
AAA 5th night free

so if I book AAA 5th night free and hotel is $500 a night, what does Citi 4th night free credit?

$500 minus taxes?

at check out I'll only be paying $2000 (with 5th night free), so will Citi instead credit me $400 as opposed to $500?

any thoughts appreciated.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, 5yr CK, Flying Blue, Delta, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
Originally Posted by neony77
That is correct. Hyatts website shows pricing details with a nghtly rate for 3 nights even though I am staying 4 nights. I will get a statement credit for 1/4 the total bill not including taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.