Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by ralphs
The card expiration has little to nothing to do with your access's expiration.
nothing to nothing actually.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: LatinPass Million Miler
Benefits available if I apply yet today?

If I apply for the card today through a link that still identifies the benefits as 50,000 TY points, Admirals Club access, etc., do you think I can reasonably expect to get them, at least until they potentially expire next July?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:23 am

Any confirmation on when the AA cpp devaluation will take place? I don't have any travel planned for the rest of the year, and I'm waiting to book trips for next summer when airlines release their schedule.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by vandykes44
If I apply for the card today through a link that still identifies the benefits as 50,000 TY points, Admirals Club access, etc., do you think I can reasonably expect to get them, at least until they potentially expire next July?
BTW, Citi restored the old application page:
https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...3A631B7111111W
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
And here I was, looking at other Citi cards to supplement my prestige. These changes help save me the trouble and I'll be looking elsewhere.

Prestige devaluations, no more offers for TYPremier or AccessMore, is it even worth holding on to a citi card anymore with the AA devaluations and a barclay card incoming?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
And here I was, looking at other Citi cards to supplement my prestige. These changes help save me the trouble and I'll be looking elsewhere.

Prestige devaluations, no more offers for TYPremier or AccessMore, is it even worth holding on to a citi card anymore with the AA devaluations and a barclay card incoming?

Well, I liked the TYP better than AA miles because of the 1.6 conversion when buying AA tickets. Even if it goes down to 1.33, I think its worth it especially if they come down on the AF. They really shouldn't devalue the card and not lower the AF too. Seems like a bad move.

All in all, I will be keeping my Prestige card as long as the AF comes down to 350 or less. If not, I may cancel as well.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Just drained my TYP balance buying some AA tickets. might refrain from using the card for the short term until the changes are more clear. go back to CSP.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:02 am
dgr

Any word on whether the relationship bonus will continue? The "pricing and information" page on the app list it, but the "additional information" don't.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged

With the Costco acquisition, Citi has plenty of new customers. They no longer need to aggressively attract people with high bonuses and great benefits.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
Just got an AT&T Access More card; I'll aggressively use that card for TYP for the next year booking AA tickets with those points via the Prestige and then likely cancel both of the cards. Maybe Citi's retention department will be back before next July
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by moonwoo
...especially if they come down on the AF. They really shouldn't devalue the card and not lower the AF too. Seems like a bad move..
This is a $450 card that Citi is offering for $200 (or less). They had two choices to make the card sustainable. They could (a) increase revenue by reducing or eliminating the Airline Fee Reimbursement feature -or- (b) they could eliminate or modify other benefits. They chose (b). The nominal annual fee will remain $450 + $50 for Authorized Users.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by GOP_Tiger
With the Costco acquisition, Citi has plenty of new customers. They no longer need to aggressively attract people with high bonuses and great benefits.
Those customers are in fact unhappy and leaving before Citi is seeing any greens.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
Not me. I was amazed Costco was able to negotiate such a great deal for a card with no annual fee. 4% cash back on gasoline, 3% on travel, 2% on Costco purchases and 1% for everything else. And this is cash that comes back not points that can be devalued or hard to use. Compare this to Fidelity who was only able to negotiate 2% cash back on everything with no fee.

I had the Prestige fee for the Admirals Club Access and redemption bonus on AA where I am lifetime Gold. Without those benefits I am unlikely to pay $200 net for this card next year.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by scottinaz
I was amazed Costco was able to negotiate such a great deal for a card with no annual fee. 4% cash back on gasoline, 3% on travel, 2% on Costco purchases and 1% for everything else.
Given the current climate, do you seriously think Citi/Costco won't downgrade the CB ratio?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:20 am
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Richklhs
I have a screen shot of an internal Citi memo for a call next week delineating the changes. That's why I felt confident posting the data to my group
Thanks for the early heads up. Gary from VFW has posted that these changes (devaluation of TYP for airfare purchases to 1.25 cents/point for all airlines, loss of golf benefit, and adjustment to fourth night hotel free benefit) have been confirmed to him by Citi, effective 7/23/17.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.